Ongoing Target DPCI log and new/restocked/shipped/preorder thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by BenjaminXavier, Jul 31, 2013.

1. OptimusTarzan

OptimusTarzan Well-Known Member

This. I did it for Origins Bumblebee and road rage. Both figures had issues. They refunded and let me keep.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Mirimus

Mirimus Member Known Well

Almost afraid to ask, but what was the issue with Origins Bee?

3. OptimusTarzan

This tab was the wrong side so it wouldn't transform into robot mode correctly.
    20210806_012222.jpg

4. Racer_J

Racer_J Permanently logged out . . .

Nothing happened. The website ended the process with a "We'll take care of this" splash page and, the app ended the process with a splash page that looks like it wants me to contact support (based on a cartoon of a GS rep wearing a headset with a speech bubble in front of a laptop) with a "Next" button that doesn't work. I finally gave up and hit the "My Target" button in the app and saw that my recent order count dropped from 2 to 1 so, I went into my orders and saw that the Cyberverse deluxe Bumblebee had been approved for a returnless refund.

I've had two refunds like that pretty recently (a defective Road Rage and then Origins Bumblebee being completely refunded because they couldn't figure out how to correctly price match the other Road Rage when it went on sale) which is why I think that the chat rep wouldn't take care of it (I don't know their script for missing parts though because I've never had that happen until now).

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Maybe they’re not doing it anymore. Sorry, I figured it was worth a shot.

6. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    It almost looks like it's just upside down. Can you pop it out and flip it over and put it back in?

7. Bandit

Bandit Well-Known Member

Has anyone here been able to get Target to price match online retailers like Dorkside or Entertainment Earth?

8. geekatron prime

geekatron prime king of the hullabaloo!

I can't even get Target to price match Target half the time.
    :drunk 

• Like Like x 3
  9. Racer_J

Target, and pretty much everyone else in retail has an explicitly strict price matching policy (Target's policy). It's not on the policy page because it's internal information (which an employee will disclose) but, Target won't care what your phone shows anymore because they have an app on their devices that is designed to verify the price. They won't care what your phone says unless they can't get the app to work.

Guidelines and limitations

• The price for an item must be listed and valid at the time of match. We reserve the right to verify a competitor’s advertised price and the availability of the item. If Target is not able to verify the lower price, we may decline the request.
    • The item must be the identical item, brand name, size, weight, color, quantity and model number. It must be in stock for shipping and delivery/pickup at the time of Price Match for approved online competitors. It also must be sold and fulfilled by one of these select competitors (PDF Download)
    Exclusions :

• Clearance, closeout, liquidation sales, damaged, used, open package, refurbished, pre-owned, or rent/lease to own items, storewide or category promotions, offers advertised as % or $ off, non-branded items, or prices that only display on a website after guests log in.
      • Pricing due to typographical errors, competitor lightning sales (including Amazon Prime or Amazon Fresh Exclusive offers), coupon offers, loyalty cards, promotional codes, credit card offers, gift card offers (Target GiftCard, specialty and pre-paid gift card), financing, service offers, bundled offers, sales tax promotions, free items, rebates or mail-in offers.
      • “Marketplace” prices from third party sellers.

A DM (district manager) or a RM (regional manager) would absolutely love to hear about that so that they can steamroll anyone involved in not following policy.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Bandit

Bandit Well-Known Member

Thanks! Good to know that they match GameStop.

• Like Like x 1
  11. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    Shocking! My draculus is on the way!

• Like Like x 4
  12. geekatron prime

Mine are preparing to ship! Whoo hoo!!!

• Like Like x 2
  13. OptimusTarzan

Same bro. Dracutron is coming home.

• Like Like x 2
  14. geekatron prime

Hope they make more of these Universal Monster x-overs. The Gillman from TR Skullcruncher, Wolfman from TR Weirdwolf, & Frankenstein's monster from TR Hardhead(?).

• Like Like x 1
  15. deaddude

deaddude Well-Known Member

Invisible Man as a partially or entirely clear Brainstorm? They're both scientists at least!

• Like Like x 1
  16. geekatron prime

Or any John Cena figure.
    Because:
    john-cena-you-cant-see-me.gif

17. Houstonian Prime

Houstonian Prime skilled tradesman

News Credits:
    speaking of Draculus, i spotted him on the shelf at Target in Houston today. street dated for 11/28. they had one case, 4 copies per case..
    20211123_124807.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  18. Immortal Spark

Immortal Spark Well-Known Member

It's usually a good idea to scan anything you're buying in store with the Target app on your phone. The Target app seems to try to keep it's prices closer to Walmart and Amazon, the instore price scanners don't, and should not be trusted.

Last week, batteries for my car's key fob rang up for $6.99. The Target app scanned them for $4.29, and Target did price match them.

Core class Kingdom Megatron rang up at $9.99, but the app scanned at $9.38, and they matched it. Not huge savings, but scanning with your phone only takes a second.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  19. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The trick is to not do it in-store. There was an article written earlier this year that both Target and Walmart (especially Target) will offer you a better price on the app to entice you to buy and come to the store. If you do it in the parking lot, the price will be slightly higher. If you're in the store, it'll be flat out MSRP or higher (say NY/LA/CHI). They figure if you're already in there, they've got you on the hook. If you're not there, they are hoping to.

The in-store scanners are the most accurate to the corporate system at that moment, and usually go for MSRP when necessary, but will raise the prices depending on various factors. Always check the app at home, screenshot it if necessary (with timestamps). Fight 'em tooth and nail to get those prices. It's part of the reason some items such as Transformers aren't readily available for store pick up unless it's something like T-Wrecks, Worlds Collide, etc. (And even then, it depends on whether or not the store is willing to fulfill the order in such a manner.)

EDIT: There are now three articles on this issue.
    Target Is Spying on You, and You're Paying for It
    Target Is Tracking You And Changing Prices Based On Your Location
    Target changed its app after an investigation found prices went up for shoppers using it in stores — but it hasn't changed the practice

• Like Like x 5
  20. Racer_J

To add to this, you need to make sure that the Target app can't use your GPS. If it does, it's going to display the price for the store you are in proximity to. The app will not lose any functionality if you block the GPS permission. It doesn't need it and, it shouldn't have it.

• Like Like x 4