Ongoing Target DPCI log and new/restocked/shipped/preorder thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by BenjaminXavier, Jul 31, 2013.

1. Racer_J

Racer_J Permanently logged out . . .

The price can't be lower on these, it's $0.01 over MSRP because BigLots uses whole dollar amounts (like everyone should). In addition to pricing agreements via contracts, they can't sell merchandise at discount prices when it's not "closeout" merchandise because, they paid the average price (due to a lack of purchasing power) to the vendor that everyone else did. They aren't going to have the volume to make up the loss on profit margin if they marked them down. This isn't like when KB Toys and TRU used to intentionally charge more than MSRP because they thought the could get away with it (that's only a small part of the reason they both went under; KB Toys kept cutting payroll to bump P&L and that's a death spiral in retail but companies keep doing it; TRU pulled the same stunt but they were also horrible about over-purchasing and vendors/manufacturers were foolish enough to keep "fronting" them product even though they hadn't been paid). Expecting BigLots to go under MSRP on a current item is like expecting KB Toys Outlet stores to do the same on the rare occasions they had something current (it used a white price tag instead of the orange one). No one is going to take a profit loss on something current and that is absurdly popular.

Everyone is more expensive than Target because Target is using the old MSRP price point. The old MSRP is a marketing ploy, "we don't have anything in stock either but we're cheaper". Enjoy it while it lasts because, they will almost certainly go up at some point like everyone else did (I would venture to guess after the 4th quarter holiday returns dry up next year and they position themselves to not let old MSRP Transformers returned roll up to $22.99 (since that would be a loss of revenue).

2. R3M1NGT0N

R3M1NGT0N Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That how it normally is. If a price increase hits midline it usually isn’t put into effect at B&M until the next year or the next line.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Racer_J

I had to approve another Slag delay.

4. John TL

John TL Well-Known Member

My Slag has finally shipped. Luckily it has because I don’t think I would have found it at the stores.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Radioguy

Radioguy Hair's always frizzy

That's how you know they have it. For plenty on hand, try the location that says "not carried at this store".

Call that an exaggeration, and I'll throw personal shopping experiences at you. All you need to know is that up is down and left is right when it comes to Target's online stock check as I've said for pages here.

• Like Like x 1
  6. RazorclawX

RazorclawX Campaign Oracle

So I have no personal attachment to Road Rage, but she is on Sale and with the Target Circle discount I'll take her for half off.

7. Evac

Evac decepticons era

News Credits:
    Since I order road rage during last week promotion the spend 100 get 25 dollar off.
    was able to price match since she is on sale today

Everything's Coming Up Milhouse!

Screenshot 2021-10-17 120717.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  8. all are dead

all are dead Being a nerd is my game.

News Credits:
    I'm tempted to ask if I can get road rage price matched, but she was a day 1 preorder so I'ma say not likely.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Racer_J

Yea their window is 14 days so #KickSand. We went from preorder everything to make sure you can own something to never preorder anything real quick lol.

10. OCProwl

OCProwl Autobot Dad

News Credits:
    They go by ship date not preorder date.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Racer_J

That should have excluded me as my order was delivered on 10.03.2021 but, they price matched it anyway.

You should go ahead and try. I was first day as well and they did it. Just use contact us > target.com order experience > then chat.

12. Racer_J

Ugh . . .

I just received the email and they did a $3.85 + corresponding tax amount refund on the Buzzworthy Origins Bumblebee that was on the same order way back on 09.10.2021 which was an in store pickup (that was picked up on 09.11.2021). Ignoring it was done on the wrong item . . .

The last time I checked, $22.99 - $17.24 = $5.75 not $3.85 (it would actually be $21.8405 - $16.378 = $5.4625 since there was a 5% RedCard discount involved).

I contacted GS via chat again and another rep fixed the issue. In fact, they did far more than fix it, they did a return-less refunded for the remaining amount of Buzzworthy Origins Bumblebee . . .

• Like Like x 1
  13. Radioguy

Sounds great, right? It's not. Not when you are dealing with SO many cancellations, losing applied coupons, erroneous stock indications, and most especially exclusives that just don't come to your store.

No, the first time I was positive about such a refund, and I've had a few, but no, it doesn't cut it. Not for me, anyhow. I'd rather pay MSRP on the whole and actually get all the stuff I missed.

14. Racer_J

None of that is applicable to my post though. I was seeking a $5.46 price match refund due to Road Rage being on sale for $17.24 (I payed $22.99 on my pre-order) and I'm getting $24.88 or $24.89 refund because, the first GS chat rep was around $1.29 to $1.69 (depending on if they add sales tax to the refund or properly calculate it) lower than it should have been.

15. Radioguy

No, you misunderstand. I'm saying it does in the grand scheme of Target, and especially with TFs. At least for me.

I am glad you had a rep that wanted to help on that order, but none can help the overall problem no matter how compassionate they are, and I've had a few that were and did the same for me.

Really, if all could be fixed by refunds and compensatory giftcards, I'd be a happy camper.

• Like Like x 1
  16. MonsterMash

MonsterMash Well-Known Member

I asked on their chat and the rep refunded me 5.46. He said it was out of the window but gave it anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Racer_J

I understood that, but none of that should factor in to a single customer service issue about a price match and how that issue was resolved. None of it is even remotely related. A price match just doesn't have anything to do with logistics issues that everyone is facing nor the cancellations that result from that, it doesn't have anything to do with OHs (on hands) being incorrect which happens everywhere for a multitude of reasons because accurate inventory systems don't exist, and it doesn't have anything to do with store exclusive distributions to B&M (brick & mortar) locations which is always a variable. The loss of an applied coupon kind of is and kind of isn't since it involves pricing but, that's still a different issue and it would be handled differently.

My post was literally to let people know that they should attempt a price match ASAP, how my price match got messed up, and how Target chose to resolve that. It wasn't an attempt to absolve Target of everything it has ever failed to deliver upon.

18. OptimusTarzan

OptimusTarzan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just did a return and rebuy for road rage. Saved $10. My original was a pre-order too.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Radioguy

Obviously, it's the same retailer. In that, there is definitely a relation. My point is based on beholding Target as a whole, including their faults, which outweigh the odd positive guest relations encounter.

Overall, I'll grant that many companies are having problems, but when you say...

...you defend Target far more than you yourself know they deserve. You know their logistics issues pre-exist COVID, and are actually indefensible given they know the breadth of the problem, and still, over the course of several years, have chosen not to address it (forget about overhauling it). Speaking in terms of "everyone", "everywhere", or their "always" being variables sounds as if you're trying to say Target is no worse than others, and they have established they do not deserve that qualification.

Here's where I should apologize, and I do. You didn't mean to be all-encompassing in your praise. I think when I read "they did more than fix it" in your original post, my recent negative experiences came to the forefront as I've dealt with so many reps who wanted to fix things, and overall just couldn't. If it's any consolation, that's where that came from.

But yes, I agree. Everyone ought to call and let their feelings be known. If that ends up costing them enough in refunds and giftcards...who knows, but I've really lost faith.

20. Mr. Chaos

Mr. Chaos New Holder of the Matrix of Leakership

News Credits:
    Guys, this is about products coming in, not to debate how evil or good Target is. Take it to the Rant thread.

• Like Like x 3