Ongoing Target DPCI log and new/restocked/shipped/preorder thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by BenjaminXavier, Jul 31, 2013.

1. Radioguy

Radioguy Hair's always frizzy

Overall, you have a decent grasp on things, but the online stock check system is not the same as the Zebra-based one. It supposedly gets updated from the latter database every so often, but it's separate, and often flat out the opposite of reality.

Even the internal system is not accurate regarding local stores other than the one the particular Zebra is in, and, worst-case scenario, it can even be wrong about that store's stock.

In a nutshell, trust no employee who says a store across town has something without calling them to check. Veteran employees know the whole system is a joke, and will call...and usually then break it to you gently that it's actually not there.

• Like Like x 1
  2. ziltama

ziltama Mods, molds, and casts. Also full of hot gas.

News Credits:
    Target stores use "repack" boxes. Items are unpacked and placed into these boxes before they go onto shelves. This "limbo" often creates confusion about actual stock in the store.

Employees are not supposed to go through all the repack boxes looking for what you want...as there could be a hundred or so back there.

If you're fortunate and talk to a toy-specific employee, you may get lucky and they may have an idea where certain items are at. That's how we got our Worlds Collide set when we were out hunting for Lego Luigi sets when they first got released.

3. Radioguy

Radioguy Hair's always frizzy

Everything I said stands, as I'm speaking in the context of the employee who has already made those checks. Yes, it's as bad as I say; repack box carts or back room stock notwithstanding.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Immortal Spark

Immortal Spark Well-Known Member

I gave up on trying to find dropkick. I went to Target today to try that new Cheetos Mac and Cheese, the app says it's in stock.

Target doesn't actually have it(lol) ,so I had a look at the toy department, "maybe the new Kingdom figures will show up"....

Target today:
    IMG_20210926_100936.jpg

The app/website still says he's not in stock. Good times.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Racer_J

Racer_J Well-Known Member

I wasn't trying to imply that the OH counts were accurate, that's why I said "might have it". I should have made that more clear.

Anyone that has spent 2 minutes in retail
    knows know the whole system is a joke, and will call...and usually then break it to you gently that it's actually not there.[/QUOTE]

Fixed that for you :p 

The level of customer heartbreak over the years is too damned high. When I was at KB Toys, I finally just stared getting the names/numbers of a few frequent customers trying to find stuff for their kids (Barbies that weren't caucasian, Armada Hot Shot, etc.) then I would purchase the item at the current retail price if I found it while I was making my rounds (I kept the money at KB Toys whenever I could) and then would sell it to them for the same price that I paid. They would always come back in because they knew if we didn't have something, I could probably find it for them (repeat/referral business wasn't my intent, it was just happenstance). I had never seen someone's face light up like the Barbie customer's (and their child's) and the Hot Shot customer's (and their child's) did when they picked up their toys (and I don't think I've seen anyone's face light up like that since then).

Their repacks are sorted by department though (Beauty however is a complete disaster because it's not broken into subcategory and it's nit just a couple of repacks per replenishment). There are some retailers where the repack is made up of a bunch of items dumped in from numerous departments. Repacks are industry wide as far as chain stores go because, they are either trying to re-balance existing inventory between stores, they didn't have enough of an item to send out full-cases). Then there are the repacks that have to be compared to a manifest because of the LP issues (iPods/Zunes back in the day, ink, KB Toys used to put Nintendo DS/DSi consoles into unmarked repacks ¯\_(ツ)_/¯., etc.) but, those are typically marked and either go directly into some sort of lockup or a member of the management team is present until they are found and then said manager takes care of it.

^This. There's a lot of stuff that can pile up and exacerbate the situation (miss-picks, shrink, sloppy work, repacks, etc.) but, the root cause is definitely retail PoS (point of sale) systems not updating inventory in real-time (up to a 24+ hour delay) and typically overnight. The volume of sales is just too high and the technology involved is lackluster at best.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Astrotrain52

Astrotrain52 Former Green Kool-aider

News Credits:
    SS24/25 "Now and Then" 2 pack available on Target.com. Worth it or not? I've heard mixed opinions on TLK Bumblebee.

7. Agent Prime 2814

Agent Prime 2814 Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    honestly I got it because I love bee...but I never opened it. I much prefered the solo vw deluxe release so it kind of just went into storage.

8. JS_Prime

JS_Prime Active Lurker

News Credits:
    Well they finally cancelled my wreck-gar preorder. You love to see it

• Like Like x 2
  9. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    those fuckers canceled my wreckgar!! I used my $40 off thing from on redcard on him! I'm going to go full karen mode on customer service because I never wanted a redcard and only got it FOR the $40 off (and a few redcardTFs)

• Like Like x 6
  10. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yup, give them hell, so you can at least get that $40 coupon back at the very least.

• Like Like x 5
  11. OptimusTarzan

OptimusTarzan Well-Known Member

That sucks bro. I'd raise shit too! Go them em.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Evac

Evac decepticons era

News Credits:
    same here. but lucky i was able to find one and have another on pre-order on amazon

13. OCProwl

OCProwl Autobot Dad

News Credits:
    Just talk to CS I'm sure they will honor your $40 off / give you another code or what not.

"... operators are standing by... "

My last Wreck-Gar also got canceled.

14. Houstonian Prime

Houstonian Prime skilled tradesman

News Credits:
    got an order in for Funko Pop! Shockwave this morning. id been checking that listing multiple times a day every day since it popped up during their last collector con. finally paid off. thank the all-spark!:) 

• Like Like x 3
  15. Houstonian Prime

Houstonian Prime skilled tradesman

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Bailey Harpster

Bailey Harpster Collector/Completionist

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    • Like Like x 2
  17. lil society vert

lil society vert luv is rage 2/chainsaw man supremacist

the tlk bee is really good imo despite his ankles being a bit floppy if you also rlly want the vw bee then yeah get it

18. soundwavempl

soundwavempl Toy Addict TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have noticed the Target app will say "only 1 left" but that is not the case. I am glad it came back in stock. I was able to get one earlier this morning (then it sold out again).

• Like Like x 3
  19. worldsgreatest

worldsgreatest Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 2
  20. Dachande

Dachande Janitor. Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Already got one from a friend, and then immediately found one at the local Target.
    Thanks for the shout, though!

• Like Like x 1