Ongoing Target DPCI log and new/restocked/shipped/preorder thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by BenjaminXavier, Jul 31, 2013.

1. AutobotJazz1

AutobotJazz1 The best there is...

News Credits:
    Is it easy getting a red card? Honestly I just wanna get one so I can get red wing and then cancel it.

2. Racer_J

Racer_J Well-Known Member

Red Wing is long gone, did you mean Road Rage?

It's extremely easy to get the RedCard debit card as there is no credit check. It's a closed-loop (can only be used at Target) debit card that will grant the 5% off your purchases (exclusions apply just like with the credit card) and will grant you access to the red card exclusive items, early buys, and so on. If you're not comfortable linking this to your main account, create a separate account for it and only have money in that account when you want to make a purchase or have placed a preorder (leave the money in there if a preorder is involved)

The RedCard credit card approval will depend on your credit rating.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Radioguy

Radioguy Hair's always frizzy

That pricked my ears up, I can tell you.

I do wish Red Wing would come back; maybe even a two-pack with the earth alt mode version.

4. AutobotJazz1

AutobotJazz1 The best there is...

News Credits:
    Eh fuck all that. I wanted Redwing btw. I'll just just pay higher for him I guess.

5. Racer_J

Yea, the late tax is probably your only option at this point outside of trying to find one closer to MSRP in B/S/T or something similar.

• Like Like x 1
  6. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Toysnowman has him for US MSRP. Shipping's like $12.00 from Canada. $50.00 out the door for me.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Onslaught Phase 2

Onslaught Phase 2 Know my name and fear it!

Unless something has changed since the red wing days, it did require a credit check. All my credit info is locked after one of those big leaks.
    I applied and got sent a letter about that, and decided it wasn't going to be worth it to unlock it for this to be ran.

8. Cardion

Cardion A Knock Off The Old Block

News Credits:
    Okay. If you wait 3 to 4 days between purchases, Target does appear to now allow you to preorder additional Road Rages with Red Card, 1 or 2 at a time. I was just able to order a 3rd one - this one will be for my niece for Christmas.

9. Racer_J

The entire point of the RedCard debit card was to allow people to have a RedCard regardless of their credit history. The only thing it should be doing is verifying someone's identity and verifying the information of the financial institution that was submitted.

It's possible that a lock at the three credit agencies interfered with the identity verification considering those locks revolve around identity theft. I'm not sure what they actually use to verify the DOB/ID/SS that someone submits.

Using a credit file to verify ID isn't the same thing as a credit check though. Credit checks/pulls are when someone is specifically looking at the credit history, credit score, etc. in order to determine the reward to risk ratio (there are situations where they don't want someone that is going to default and when they want someone that will) of issuing a loan/CC/rental/etc. to someone. It's entirely possible this is an issue where the colloquial use of a word/phrase has overridden the intended usage (e.g. how the colloquial use of the word theory is used instead of hypothesis and people think that "I have a theory" literally caries the same magnitude as an actual scientific theory/theorem).

This is an important distinction because, neither credit history nor score have any bearing on being approved for a RedCard debit card. All they care about is that you're who you say you are (due to similar federal and/or state laws that require you to show your ID when you purchase Visa gift cards in a store and your information is entered at checkout) and that the financial information is valid (and that you're supposed to have access to it).

All that having been said, I wouldn't have unlocked anything either. I would imagine that it takes a considerable amount of time before anyone has anything remotely near the level of trust needed to unfreeze or unlock at the three credit agencies (especially if a breach anywhere actually compromised their finances and they had to get that sorted out). Unfortunately, anyone trying to establish or rebuild their credit is pretty much forced into unfreezing or unlocking long before they are ready or should given that they need that information reported and kept on file.

• Like Like x 1
  10. RobimusPrime

RobimusPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Funko Shockwave POP shipped!

• Like Like x 1
  11. SideswipeRight

SideswipeRight Well-Known Member

I was just pointing it out because it was the first time Thunderhowl was available for shipping for people who either don't live near a Target or have poor distribution in their area. It looks like Thunderhowl is now sold out online though.

12. 80sforged

80sforged Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    • Like Like x 3
  13. geekatron prime

geekatron prime Master of the Kerfuffle

• Like Like x 3
  14. Racer_J

My delay approval dance started earlier this morning. First time approver and I knew this process was shady AF but, you don't realize how shady it is until you have to participate in it and the reality of Target really do be out here low-key trying to cancel preorders that are backordered/delayed via "action required" emails.

15. TheGame2K5

TheGame2K5 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah I've lost count of the wreckgar delay emails at this point. Love they come at like 3am too.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Racer_J

Yea, I just noticed it was at 3am (that's typically when Target's system refreshes to activate changes like ads/circle/etc. so it's not too surprising). I wonder what the "grace period" window is . . .

17. Pikachu_King

Pikachu_King Well-Known Member

about 20 minutes from my history, it's why I don't pre-order with target anymore.

18. TheGame2K5

TheGame2K5 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Its such a ridiculous system to have to constantly approve minor delays. Like if something suddenly is pushed back 5 months, ok. Each one of these just adds like a week.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Mccormicks

Mccormicks This hobby is supposed to be fun, right?!

Posting here because it’s Target related, but the new Target Edition of Monopoly has one of the spaces labeled as Action Figures and had G1 Optimus Prime on it:
    D870CAF2-8590-410F-A73B-5814E4030B41.jpeg

• Like Like x 6
  20. Racer_J

I like that "make up" is Boardwalk because that's literally the only section of Target that is properly/constantly staffed (yes, I know "make up" is staffed everywhere to reduce the burden on LP) while consistently being the most upscale/trendy/superficial area of the store.