Ongoing Target DPCI log and new/restocked/shipped/preorder thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by BenjaminXavier, Jul 31, 2013.

1. lil society vert

lil society vert Well-Known Member

Another day of popfindr down

another day of suffering

• Like Like x 2
  2. Diamondback

Diamondback Bitterly Clinging G1 Micromaster Malcontent

News Credits:
    It's a limitation of how highly computerized Target's inventory system is--the computer only sees "unit count" on an assortment DPCI and it doesn't care if the same piece has been there 3 minutes or 3 years, as long as the DPCI is still "active" no markdowns and new stock only ships once old stock sells below a certain threshold. Until then, no human override possible.

3. RobimusPrime

RobimusPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is SS 86 Jazz short packed in the assortment? I was just able to preorder Kup & Blurr off Targets site, but not him.

4. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Kup is. 2x per case, the others 3x. Jazz is just the most popular of the assortment.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Exodus

Exodus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Same with TRU, I was glad my son was able to experience it at least when they were still around, how long has it been since they closed now 5 years? I'm sure if they were still around they probably would have done a killing with the pandemic I would imagine from online orders at least to keep the kids busy...As for Target I still prefer them over Walmart but that's just my location.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Diamondback

Diamondback Bitterly Clinging G1 Micromaster Malcontent

News Credits:
    Damn you, Bezos and Romney, for ruining so many's chances to be Toys R Us Kids...

• Like Like x 8
  7. lil society vert

lil society vert Well-Known Member

the pain never ends

last thing i ever got from them was my switch and the exclusive tlk stealth bomber megatron repaint from their site

8. Houstonian Prime

Houstonian Prime skilled tradesman

News Credits:
    same at my target. they have all the remaining siege & earthrise stuff on a "clearance" endcap. yet none of it was on sale. shockwave was under a $19.99 sign. wanted to get a 2nd shockwave for 20 bucks. but the darn thing rung up as $49.99 full price. so i quickly cancelled that purchase, went and put it back on the shelf..

9. Exodus

Exodus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Should revive this thread, for nostalgia if anything :p 
    The Toys R Us New/Restocked/Shipped/Preorder Items Thread

Wonder when Target will start shipping the SS86 figures...

• Like Like x 2
  10. fraenhawk

fraenhawk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Glad I ordered the 23.99 Primal from Amazon the other day. Target sent me a delay approval at 4:04am for Cyclonus only and at 5:01 a cancellation for Primal supposedly because I missed an approval (which is a lie).

• Like Like x 2
  11. Desmang

Desmang Mang of Men

I had the same thing happen to me, they cancelled my Primal and Cyclonus only allowing me to approve Megatron for delay, ridiculous

12. Evac

Evac decepticons 4ever

News Credits:
    same here they cancel my primal and megatron because i missed an approval.
    #1 never got the email and #2 they sent at 2am while i was still sleeping.
    CS is going to going to get an ear full from me today

• Like Like x 1
  13. fraenhawk

News Credits:
    The thing is, with my prior experience with these backorder/approvals/cancellations, I've even been manually checking my orders on their website and not even waiting for the emails. According to my browser history, I checked at 10:02pm last night and it was still just backordered. So them saying they sent something in the window between 10pm and 5am and it took too long for me to "approve the delay" is a complete fabrication. And it definitely was not a funds issue either (especially since the other part of my order was fine). If they just want/need to cancel preorders because of stock issues, just admit it. Don't try to blame your customer!

• Like Like x 2
  14. Super4Ever

Super4Ever Well-Known Member

News Credits:

If you haven’t seen these endcaps yet at your Target, they should be coming. An employee told me at my local Target that the Transformers endcap is part of the reset but a lot of stores just haven’t been able to get to it yet for whatever reason.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Mumble-bee

Mumble-bee invertebrate lurker

Same. No chance to approve Primal, just cancelled out from under.

I approved the Cyclonus delay, but then decided to just let it be cancelled. I bought both in a store last week as a hedge against the failed preorder, so I'm fine, but it stings. I had arranged a $25 discount, which they apportion by items, so I'm losing part of that. I'd complain but it's about 6 dollars, not worth my time/energy.

I'm likely to skip Target preordering in the future, even for discounts. what a hassle. I only did so because of all the trouble with getting Earthrise waves 2 & 3.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  16. fraenhawk

News Credits:
    Same for me except I hadn't found an alternate Cyclonus yet. They honored the week after $25 discount spread over that order. I contacts CS and they added another $10 discount to the order, but I said if they just wind up cancelling the Cyclonus how does that help if I have to get it from a store instead. So they also gave me a $10 gift card. Somehow, they spread the $10 across part of what already shipped so I have no idea how that's going to work? Credits back to my bank account? I think I'm done with Target pre-orders too. Even exclusives have been easier to find in store than getting your pre-order.

• Like Like x 1
  17. LeTigre

LeTigre Meat popsicle

Aside from Micromasters, Shockwave was the LAST Generations figure the closest Target had left for over a month. Both disappeared somewhere over the weekend and some Kingdom got put out, but just Core and Deluxes. I can't imagine anything else did because I would find it odd the entire case for both was present.

18. Bustermaster

Bustermaster HEAD ON!, GOD ON!, BRAIN SET!

please say you don’t mean that targets computer for inventory will finally allow a reset once the damn line shockwave is gone. If so then target needs to fix there system.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Transmorph633

Transmorph633 Drifter

News Credits:
    Finally got Thrust after the situation from the first time. Least I was able to get a discount on a battle cat since they gave me a gift card for all the trouble. I still dont get what happened with the first box and the tracking on that one still says Label Created.

20. SeiberBirdR

SeiberBirdR Sapienbot

News Credits:
    The reset probably caused Target to get rid of the Shockwaves. Kingdom has new DCPIs, so the Siege and ER numbers are being retired. Target needs to make space for the new line so old lines need to be given the boot. Shockwave stuck around so long because the same assortment DCPIs were used for two whole lines. Shockwave may have blocked other Siege and ER leaders, but isn't blocking Kingdom leaders