Onell Designs Glyos Figures

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by kylash327, Sep 23, 2010.

1. Hursticon

Hursticon Emissary of OZformers.

News Credits:
    JUST 3 DAYS LEFT!

Grimskull's Kickstarter campaign is presently at $24,596 of the $50,000 total required for this awesome figure to see production - Your help is needed! :eek: 

Here's an update on what has transpired since the campaign kicked off. :cool: 

In the last 24hrs we've had some superb and exciting news! - Grimskull's Wolf companion, Stalker, will be included with each & every Grimskull figure AND "Shadow" Grimskull figure; no longer will he need to be unlocked as a stretch goal, he's been shifted to regular inclusion just like the Cape, Staff, Blaster and Alternate Chest Skull. :D 

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

...also as part of Update #6, George & Ayleen have supplied a video in which they further discuss some of the "Behind The Scenes" processes that have gone into the design and concept of their take on Grimskull. :) 

The video features the original Shadow(? :eek: ) and Baron Dark Maquettes, on loan from the guys at the Goddard Group, used to pitch the Skeleton Warriors IP to CBS and other Licensors ALL the way back in 1993/94! - George & Ayleen explain their use, how they impacted their own figure's development, as well as some interesting little facts that pertain to the 90s Playmates Toys line. ;) 

[​IMG]

Another really awesome surprise today was the release of PixelDAN's exclusive first look at October Toys' Grimskull Figure Prototype!

In this great look at the Paint-Master Prototype, Dan shows off a comparison between Grimskull and his original Playmates Toys' self, October Toys' own Baron Dark figure, as well as the various accessories that will come with this wanderer of shadows. :cool: 
    (*Please NOTE: At the time the video was shot, Stalker was still a Stretch Goal, this is obviously no longer the case as mentioned above ;) )

[​IMG]

Update #5 took a focus on the customisability of the 20th Anniversary: Skeleton Warriors line by October Toys as well as the versatility of the Glyos Joint System in which they employ.

Here's just 3 photos fans from around the world/web shared - Make sure to checkout the Update Page on the Kickstarter to see how incredibly creative some people are! :eek: :) 

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Update #4 Went into detail about how October Toys sourced many references for Grimskull's look, but that the issue of how the Skull Emblem on his chest was depicted persisted in splitting their opinions in just HOW the final one should look.

In the end they decided that BOTH versions should be included, so that fans could choose exactly which iteration they'd prefer to display Grimskull with; the "Bone Daggers" jammed up through the eye sockets (LEFT) as depicted in his original concept art and toy, along with the Sharp Triangles with Fangs (RIGHT) which is how it was depicted in the cartoon. :D 

[​IMG]

Not only does this give choice, but it also provides an additional Glyos socket for further functionality and customisation; Perhaps you'll feel that Grimskull needs a skeletal arm protruding from his chest? or another head? - You Decide! :p 

Update #3 delves into the parts breakdown of both Grimskull and Baron Dark, I was was quite surprised by just how many more parts Grimskull is comprised of compared to that of Baron Dark! :eek:  Take a look for yourself:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

...the brilliance of so many parts and utilising the Glyos Joint System, as shown to a greater degree in Update #4, is that it allows you to combine parts to create new characters...

[​IMG]

...but also allows one to create such freaky monstrosities like this chap! :D :cool: 
    (Photo courtesy of More_Jetpacks via Twitter :) )

[​IMG]

Update #2 focused on George & Ayleen's attendance of the "Son of Monsterpalooza" Horror Convention in Burbank, CA.

They showed off the Grimskull prototype and Kickstarter campaign, as well as having plenty of Skeleton Warriors and Baron Dark on-hand for purchase; here's a pair of photos from said event:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Lastly, we've the 1st Update of the campaign: "Piecing Grimskull Together". :) 

As mentioned earlier, a LOT of reference material was drawn upon or the creation of October Toys' Grimskull figure; from maquettes, concept art and cartoon depictions, to comics, trading cards and books. :eek: 

Here's just a snippet of the pieces in question:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

So here's the part where you, the person reading this, comes in, there's...

JUST 3 DAYS LEFT!

...for you and anyone you know who might be interested in supporting, to help spread the word and back this campaign. :eek: 

All one needs to do is pledge $20 (USD) in order to get themselves a Grimskull figure, there's also a whole suite of additional figures you can also pledge for which is detailed on the main campaign page and if that doesn't interest you? - Simply mentioning the Kickstarter on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, a Website, Blog, Tumblr or any other method you can think of could mean the difference in this being noticed by someone who doesn't know about it yet. :) 

Any little bit of help you can provide is appreciated by both the creators of the project but also its fans and backers. ;) :cool: 

So go and back Grimskull, spread the word and remember:

2. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Bumping this thread because nobody's posted since 2015!:eek:  FOR SHAME!!!

I am looking for the 6 items shown below, preferably still in their sealed factory baggies. PM me here because I'll get an e-mail notification sent to my inbox if you do. I will paypal you money for them, no trading.

My feedback threads:Netkid

aaaaaaaand here: The Glyos Connection

glyos want list 2017.png

• Like Like x 1
  3. JoeScibelli

JoeScibelli That one Piranacon fanboy

Ay, cool to see someone from the other forum.

Anyone else here pick up a few of the Villser wave figures?

4. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I did! And the blue version too. I wanted to get a second green villser to make that 2 villser build Matt posted to the main page blog but he sold-out before the limit 1 per customer limit was lifted. Eh I'm glad I at least have one.

I was a bit surprised though, since we all thought it was finally gonna be the goddamn Delphi. It wasn't! The villser is eh, kinda makes me mad because it's been shown as this massive hulking Beast so I was expecting a large vinyl for a villser figure. And still no goddamb delphi! Argh! What the hell Matt?!?!

• Like Like x 1
  5. JoeScibelli

Ah! Really wish I could have picked that up. Never realized how purely badass standard Pheyden colors look on other molds. Alas, conventions await!

Yeah, same, though in retrospect that would have been way too much money for me. That said, I'm sure someone will be willing to sell theirs in the aftermarket.

Yeah, I wasn't there for most of the hype, but it's really freaking weird we've never gotten a production Delphi, despite them kinda being the Forerunners of Glyos.
    I agree, but there is something interesting to me about the Villser being a very humanoid creature that can take very monstrous forms. There's something almost unsettling to me about a seemingly mindless beast turning into an intelligent form of evil.

6. Grimlocks Pretender Shell

Grimlocks Pretender Shell Member of the Church of Quake.

I completely missed this drop. Doh!

7. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    As someone who was there from the very beginning of Onell/Glyos, it warms my icy heart to see that it's still going strong. I don't collect them anymore but I do love to pop in occasionally and see the new designs. Good stuff!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Sponge

Sponge Herald of Unicron

News Credits:
    Anyone else getting the glyosynth?

It's an onell design x 1000toys collaboration, using the 1/12 synthetic human for base articulation

IMG_5262.JPG

IMG_5263.JPG

I know I'm getting it, 80$ tentative pricepoint

9. JoeScibelli

If it weren't $80 I'd absolutely consider it. I think the price is a bit high for me at the moment, unfortunately.

10. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    Oh man that looks slick, the body they're using is really great. That price is pretty prohibitive though :( 

• Like Like x 1
  11. Sponge

Sponge Herald of Unicron

News Credits:
    Glyosynth buildman is awesome!

Glyninja soon!

EDDF5949-9ACE-4B08-80BA-9FC82A0C0E4A.jpeg 3E9392B4-4122-48D4-8C48-A5C32E953A18.jpeg A123723C-AB90-4015-B6FF-0B8CE7356941.jpeg F25E9F51-4721-46E0-B38A-BF16BECE4EC3.jpeg 85080A74-E4E4-4F1C-8DA9-3C6415260577.jpeg 0A4337C7-C90F-434B-96F5-6FE16A0EA60D.jpeg

12. m22xsupersteel

m22xsupersteel Well-Known Member

Rocom Toys has a new addition to the Glyos family on Kickstarter. You've gotta watch the commercial.

• Like Like x 1
  13. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

Weird question, but has anyone tried removing paint from Glyos figures? Is it difficult? Can it be done with alcohol like on other plastics, or will that damage the soft buttery Glyos plastic?

I'm thinking about trying to remove the panel lining from a Robo Force figure, and wondering if it's worth the attempt...

14. NemiMonkey

NemiMonkey Whippin Dem Fungals

News Credits:
    @TJOmega might know. I know he's done a few customs with glyos figs just not sure if they were all using blank figs.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2020
  15. Ellamin

Ellamin Freedom is the Right of ALL Sentient beings.

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Pinterest:
    Does anyone have ideas for a name for the dark glyninja?

16. Cloudraker

Cloudraker on auto-pilot

well there’s this official one tho it’s not
    dark glyninja. Always thought Benji would be a cool ninja name idk maybe because it’s phonetically similar to yoshi but doesn’t really strike fear in hearts of adversaries.

on a side I broke out the glyans to work on a build I had in mind for awhile.

9B0B13B4-51BA-4B01-8E46-A01676A491C3.jpeg

17. agent j 15

agent j 15 Banned

So I'm sort of just now getting into Glyos and Glyos-compatible toys - are there any resources for getting some? I know each of the companies have their own stores and there's the Available page of the Wiki as well as eBay, but is there any other method of obtaining some? I'd love to start building crazy contraptions, but I only have the few figures I've found in comic shops and the like.

18. m22xsupersteel

Don’t go the eBay route.
    O’Nell used to have buildstation drops - figures (usually buildman and a traveler), axis joints, swing joints, hub sets and phase arms in the same color and without paint - so that you could buy parts and just build but there hasn’t been a drop in a few years.
    I don’t have an account but I think there’s a private FB group and Toy Pizza has a public group where Glyos is traded & sold. There’s also the Metran Marketplace in the Glyos Connection from O’Nell’s page but there isn’t much activity there and even my sales list there is out of date. There’s also a 4chan /toy/ Glyos community but it can be pretty toxic and I won’t make an account there.
    What parts or figures are you interested in?

Edit: Sales thread in my signature below.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  19. agent j 15

agent j 15 Banned

Yeah it seems like I got into Glyos pretty late in the game unfortunately :/ I joined the two facebook Glyos communities so I'll check out there as well as your sales thread. And yeah that's partly the reason I asked is bc the only other online Glyos community I can seem to find is 4chan and like you said, toxic as all hell.

As for parts or figures, at this point it's not any specific ones and more just trying to build up something of group of parts to build from (although I will admit the GODBEAST Monster 0 looked AMAZING and I was so sad I had missed it haha)

20. m22xsupersteel

Yeah, Marty has been offering some pretty cool kits of late. They get pricey but also offer a good assortment of build parts from his and other Glyos makers' kits.

• Like Like x 1