One thing you wish TFP had or did

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by supernova222, Jan 10, 2017.

1. RADimus prime

RADimus prime not so well known member just known

2 in the movie but I get your point.

2. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

The one thing I really wanted to see happen in Transformers Prime is Breakdown joining the Autobots. When Breakdown was killed and Dreadwing was introduced it felt like at times Dreadwing was saying and doing things that didn't really fit his character but did fit a character arc that had been previously established by Breakdown. That being that he was beginning to have doubts about the Decepticons and showing signs that he could be redeemed for all his past crimes. And then Knock Out ended up being the one to join the Autobots in the end which came completely out of no where and seemed to to be the logical conclusion to Breakdown's character arc. So for some reason a very good and well thought out bit of character development was for some reason broken up among three entirely different characters. Breakdown's story was cut short by his death. Continuing the character arc with Dreadwing didn't fit that character. And completing it with Knock Out seemed even more completely random because there was nothing in the series to suggest that Knock Out would ever join the Autobots.

The only reason Breakdown died was so they could later do that whole thing with Silas which is cool but why did it have to be Breakdown? Couldn't they have killed a different character and accomplished the same thing or used the body of a character who already died?

There's some other things I'd want to change too but they are kind of small compared to this. This one change kind of causes a domino effect where other things have to also change in order for this one thing to be accomplished. Breakdown shouldn't have been killed so his character arc could actually go some where. All the stuff with Dreadwing questioning his allegiance, that should of been Breakdown. Knock Out joining the Autobots, again that should of been Breakdown.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Omnondippy

Omnondippy Well-Known Member

when i saw starscream's clones for the first time i automatically thought thundercracker and skywarp. i would also love to see the rest of the seekers portrayed some what like in animated. i also would of liked to see prowl because he had a design and i think it would be cool and he would be a second ultra magnus but they would have lots of aurguments

• Like Like x 1
  4. cuad

cuad VOK EMISSARY

News Credits:
  5. Veleno

Veleno Solar Plexus Clown Gliders

Make the Autobots feel less static and give them real character development.

6. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    a lot less fanservice.

7. LynKey

LynKey Well-Known Member

8. Spin-Out

Spin-Out Well-Known Member

SEASPRAY.
    I mean, come on. This is the most awesome thing the crew behind Prime ever came up with. I'm hoping such an over-the-top concept shows up in RID - its wacky tone would fit this dude perfectly.

9. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

-Ratchet. I loved that guy I really did (despite having completely ignored him in g1), however I would have liked to see him loosen up for real and stop been a constant nag machine till the end.
    -Nemesis Prime.Seriously they installed Sylas in Breakdown?An episode where recovering Nemesis or rebuilding him and installing Sylans in there would make more sense. Also it was completely illogical (I sound like Shockwave...) that immediately upon his activation he killed all the staff and run to become Megatrons lap dog.....They should have fleshed Mech up more it was a very nice idea not used properly. Or at the very least find a way to make the damn thing sentient.
    -I found the idea of 5 Autobots going on against an army of Decepticons appaling. And they survived because the evil guys had bad aim....We ve been through this at 80s find something new....
    -Megatron trying to redeem himself....AGAIN....No no no no and NOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
    -Starscream been the comic releaf....AGAIN...No no no no and NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Seriously they must spend like 5 seconds reading bios.
    -Unicron been a Saturday cartoon villan. I liked where they went with this with earth and so on, but Unicron never felt like a true danger. And having him in the movie been an overpowered Megatron didnt help either. This thing is supposed to be chaos made manifest, show something trully powerfull and immense already.
    -I would also have liked to see a two - three parter with Knock Out as the main protagonist. He always made me laugh with his antics and I believe he was the most memmorable character in the series.All things considered they should have merged his persona into Starscream but since we got two, give me more Knock Out plz.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Leopard5

Leopard5 Human in disguise

News Credits:
    I always had hope that Superion or Bruticus (actually any combiner), to appear on the show

• Like Like x 1
  11. Asher Tye

Asher Tye Cassetticon

Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Pinterest:
    I'd rather hoped with MECH's use of cars and focus on Bumblebee, Breakdown, and Optimus we would have seen a return for the Stunticons and Menasor.

12. Applejacktimus

Applejacktimus Still see the Sunshine

I really wish we at least knew who the Gestalt that was originally supposed to show up before the writing fell apart was.

13. Leopard5

News Credits:
    A combiner was supposed to show up!?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Applejacktimus

Yup.

And Optimus was supposed to be Orion Pax for the whole of season two. And the Autobots were supposed to over leadership the whole time. And we were supposed to get a "Dinobot-like" turncoat character. And Breakdown was probably supposed to get an actual backstory. And MECH was probably supposed to actually do something interesting with lasting effects. And Sierra was probably supposed to not completely disappear.And several loose ends were probably supposed to not be ignored for almost the rest of the series, only to be quickly tied up in "Thirst."

Oy vey.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Leopard5

News Credits:
    That sucks, I still wish that TF Prime would re-air but with the original plans before all that happened

• Like Like x 1
  16. Applejacktimus

I also really wish that the writers didn't go out of their way to intentionally disconnect the show from WFC. FOC even tried to add some connections to TFP, only for the writers (both in TFP and RID1X) to once again distance the show from the games.

Shame, we could have gotten an actual Aligned Continuity. Oh well. At least Rescue Bots fits better than the games.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Leopard5

News Credits:
    Yeah, those were bad decisions, if aligned sticked to the initial plans in first place, I think it would have been one of the best TF continuities

• Like Like x 1
  18. Applejacktimus

I do still like TFP though. Despite its flaws in writing, it had excellent animation, voice direction, music, and writers who can do short arcs well and probably could've done the whole show really well if it didn't have a harsh change of plans for both seasons two and three. (The Beast Hunters thing was forced upon them by Hasbro - the original S3 plans involved the Star Seekers, who were sort of space pirates, and Cybertron would have already been resurrected.)

• Like Like x 2
  19. Leopard5

News Credits:
    Yeah, TFP is an amazing show and according to TFWiki season 3 was gonna be about the Star Seekers and Season 4 was going to be between Maximals and Predacons with an Old Western feeling

20. Applejacktimus

Oh right, I forgot that it was supposed to be longer. That would've been different. Hopefully we get some more robo-pirates in fiction or at least toy form soon.

• Like Like x 1