One Shall Rise pt. 1 10/1/2011

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by Transformed, Sep 3, 2011.

1. LesterX

LesterX Banned

Why is the hub trolling the US?

2. adambman

adambman Well-Known Member

I wonder who the 'unlikely ally' to the Autobots will be? One was mentioned in the text with the teaser vid that featured Prime's reciting the prophecy as it appeared in ep. 23, as well as the possible Unicron/herald/Fallen/etc.

3. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, she could also be a sleek racing motorcycle with sidecar:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

…or something as mundane as this:
    [​IMG]

EDIT:

My money's on Megatron. And that'd be Unicron in that teaser. I believe Unicron has already been confirmed for season 2.

4. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    Arceemus Prime will gain samurai armor as a blatant shout out to Animated Prowl.

5. adambman

Haha, sidecar bike was my first thought but I wasn't sure how close they'd come to Samurai Prowl. Then there's the bikes with two front wheels, but IIRC, Human Alliance basics have that covered. Thats why I suggested an updated half-track bike lol.

Yes Megatron would be my first bet too... followed my Mech, perhaps? They might want Dark Energon for themselves but that's a throwawa idea I just had. Starscream's already pretended to defect, while Airachnid, Breakdown and Knockout seem to be moving in the same circles more often and a small alliance might rule them out of this and the One Shall Rise category too. Which leaves Soundwave, who seems to have done his share in bringing the new space bridge to near-completion.

6. adambman

Design-wise I wouldn't mind; things like this only stand out because bikes and fembots are still in the minority across the transformers continuities. Perhaps they could have a shout out to G1 Arcee and upgrade her to a car lol.

The other thing is, outside of the SDCC exclusive Optimus Prime package, I'm not sure that the Matrix of Leadership has actually been referenced in the show. That said, it wouldn't be the first time OP's been on deaths door or later that the Matrix pops into the story haha.

Also, the episode airing schedule is compounding all this conjecture; if ep. 24 aired already we probably wouldn't be discussing half these possibilites.

7. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

EEEK! DO NOT WANT :puke: 

8. adambman

Yeah, like I just said, this threads taking on some ideas that are alot more far flung than if ep.24 wasn't so long a wait, haha.

Who knows how many things are influencing Alex and Roberto? I think its a fair bet that since they worked on the first TF live action movie, they've become wealthy enough to draw on references or concepts from what could now be huge and enviable dvd/cultural collections xD

9. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Should a new Prime come into play, I hope having a trailer isn't prerequisite. Hot Rod lost his coolness when he became a camper-like sports car, imho.

I wonder if MECH could even handle Dark Energon. Energon is said to have a horrible effect on the human nervous system, so without having a way to handle it, I don't see MECH touching the stuff. I don't even think they'd understand what it was or how to use it even if they found it. I do think, however, that MECH will end up screwing themselves with Cybertronian technology in some fashion, rendering their bodies useless similar to that of Dr. Archavile. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Silas is going to become a Transformer—calling it now! I think he'd make a great Onslaught.

I don't see Soundwave acting outside of Megatron's commands, but I guess anything could happen.

EDIT:

Neither do I really;) 

10. adambman

Same; I'm happy with the designs the way they are. For those who don't know what I'm getting at, perhaps imagine the front of Arcee on a sleeker combination of these...

The German WWII half-track motorcycle
    http://thekneeslider.com/images/kettenkradforsale2.jpg
    but bluer and sleeker. With a few cues from designs like the Hyanide all terrain bike:
    http://www.ohgizmo.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/05/hyanide_baal.jpg

http://www.popsci.com/files/imagecache/article_image_large/articles/hyanide_main_485.jpg

...like two of those merged as tandem track units with Arcee's present front for assembly coming out the front, using the layout of the halftrack bike. Still like I said, I'm just throwing ideas out there; I'm happy with the designs she has already ;) 

Now from more imagination to opinion...

The other reason I'm happy with Arcee is 'cos I quite like this Optimus Prime for his place among the cast and I second the support for the characterisation by this team across writing, (voice/) direction, voice acting and beyond. For reasons aready mentioned by others on this thread, I too find fault with killing Optimus due to lack of emotion. In a way I see Bumblebee as the flipside to Optimus; Bee wants to engage with those around him but cannot talk to 'us' (though by listening to other TF's /Raf's replies we deduce what he's saying often, like overhearing a phone conversation). Prime, via Peter Cullen, has a character and voice almost made for speeches, momentous remarks and sage council but alot of this sets him apart from those around him. This is as much to do with the responsibility of being a Prime - the last one, no less- as the experiences that we can imagine must have lead him up to and beyond that. Several times he's had to take into account Arcee and Bulkhead's emotionally based decisions toward rivalry and vengeance, which extended to Bumblebee for a moment in ep. 23.

Speaking of Bumblebee's arrival at the military base, the sight of Raf in his arms gives us a pretty good look at Optimus' emotions get the better of him even with his battle mask on. if only for a moment. Pretty good illustration of a caring character/personality. That OP only shows this for a moment adds to the complexity or depth of character. While the show allows us to side with Arcee and Bulkhead's perception of Prime as only ever conducting himself as a Prime should, again, right after this, Ratchet lets them/us know that there was/is more to Optimus (ep.23). In a way I think - aside from its practical purpose - almost as a metaphor, when Optimus engages his faceplate, he's steeling his resolve; feeling it is time to be as much a Prime as possible. This is stretching it a bit, but think how much him having the faceplate on adds to lines like 'Megatron must be destroyed!' the mask also visually seperates his expressions from those around him, and unlike G1, he is making the decision to deploy it, perhaps for all these reasons. Phew!

11. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    Well said and true on all accounts.

12. NegatronusPrime

NegatronusPrime Lord Starscream

Can't wait! TF Prime has been an amazing series so far!
    :bay 

13. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Raph : "Optimus, Jack's mom just poked you on facebook", do you want to reply?
    Optimus : "No"
    Jack : "Hey Ratchet. My Mom asked me to give you these books for research; Popular Car Mechanics and the Joy of Sex"
    Ratchet : "Ewwww"
    Jack : "Oh sorry my mistake one of the books is for Optimus,"
    Optimus : "NO!"
    Miko : "Optimus Dude, Ms Darby just sent my phone a link to a Shoe site, she wants to know if you like Blue or Red High heel shoes best?"
    Ratchet :"titter"
    Optimus : NOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooo !

14. Oberoniss

Oberoniss DOESN'T-EXIST BABBU

News Credits:
    I imagined that in my head and it was glorious.

15. IceMagnus

IceMagnus SSJIcey'95

News Credits:
    Episode 24 needs to come like NOW!

16. IceMagnus

IceMagnus SSJIcey'95

News Credits:
    *Puts hand over mouth so she won't wake her niece from laughing too hard* lol lol lol

17. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Imagine the last No is more Darth Vader style - 'Grin'.

18. Dargor

Dargor Well-Known Member

:lolol  I even imagine Airachnid and the Decepticons reading this in Facebook a laughing as hard as us.

19. Luka63

Luka63 Lukabot

June Darby: Megatron's secret weapon.

20. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    (Thanks for the kind words)

Any word yet on the Canadian Schedule ?

Like might they still beat the USA to new eps ?