One Shall Rise pt. 1 10/1/2011

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Transformed, Sep 3, 2011.

1. Starscreamer69

Starscreamer69 Well-Known Member

Interesting title. Let's hope it lives up to the hype!

2. stufa1978

stufa1978 Well-Known Member

GIVE ME MY EPISODE YOU GITS!!!

Anyway.
    I'm sure Prime will survive. Though perhaps he will be horrendously injured for a while.
    And one shall rise. I can't help thinking it'll be linked with either UNICRON but more likely GALVATRON.
    MEGs has being showing hints of the purple nutter since episode two.

I say UNICRON will turn MEGS into his puppet. And have MEGS, sorry GALVATRON rebulid ol' Unicron or something on those lines.

What I do know is I am anticipating this episode much more that the DARK OF THE MOON movie.

3. adambman

adambman Well-Known Member

Ahh haha, I just remembered those Unicron Cultists from the Marvel comics, imagine if it was one of those guys wearing a KO Unicron hat in the volcano XD Unless said hat wearer is The Fallen; that wouln't be so funny :/

Furthermore, we've taken Meg's vision of the volcano rather literally. At least when humans dream or have visions theres a bit more abstract thought involved in understanding them. I daresay, without Megatron taking of that first dose of dark energon, he wouldn't have had that vision. Maybe his exposure to the amount of dark energon in the volcano willintensify or elaborate upon what he's seen so far? As in, Megs would actualy spend a good deal of the next season going on well... quests. Crazy, I know, just spreading the net over as yet unwritten possibilities. For some reason his dark energon exposure calls to mind Animated Prowl's ...bond? with the Allspark, or the rings of power in Tolkien's Middle Earth.

Speaking of which, the end of episode 23 slightly reminded me of the climax of Return of the King; slow motion shot on a volcano.

While there is a chance that help may arrive too late, I'm not so sure that the title for the final episodes is such an ill omen for Optimus; there could be enough of his crew coming through the groundbridge to reinforce/extract him, that they could bring both the Polarity Gauntlet and the Immobiliser to bear against Megatron. It would be a good opportunity for the writers to try and distinguish themselves and these inventions from being so often like macguffins/things to fight over for one episode, eg, alot of things Wheeljack invented in the G1 cartoon.

4. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
    Oh nvm, I have the episode titles mixed up. My bad, carry on :) 

5. 13 Primes

13 Primes Well-Known Member

:lol  I thought the same thing of course I'm
    a HUGE Lord of the Rings fan so I thought it might be just me
    well anyway

I hate waiting I wish I didn't even watch the Last Episode because
    now I'm stuck with this Cliffhanger thats freaking me out:banghead: :( 

6. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, we aren't only going by his visions alone you know. The Autobots corroborated those visions with passages from the Covenant of Primus, and with profhecies coming to pass, it’s most likely why we, like the Autobots, have given Megatron the benefit of the doubt.

Also we’ve been warned by Megatron's own troops questioning his sanity not to go all in with the things on his mind, as well as Optimus telling Megatron not to believe everything he reads, but it’s sort of hard not to take Megatron visions seriously, when Dark Energon presents itself—his visions told him where to be, and low and behold, Dark Energon appears.

7. battlefudge

battlefudge Still in the biz...

One shall rise? Probably Cosmos. Probably.

8. stufa1978

stufa1978 Well-Known Member

When you mention about LORD OF THE RINGS. It's links like this that make me love this prime saga.

So far, we've seen Tranformers meets PREDATOR.
    I couldn't help notice a strong inspiration from SHADOW OF THE COLOSSUS in shadowzone.

9. bio9205

bio9205 Knocked Out

1 month till we resolve this cliffhanger. Great. Just great.

Oh well, just as well. Gives me time to focus on studying, and my exams should end right about when One Shall Rise part 1 airs.

10. Skywarp2413

Skywarp2413 Well-Known Member

I really don't want Arcee to become Prime. IMHO, she doesn't really deserve it. Actually, none of them do, yet. Arcee is too blinded by rage about her "beloved Cliffjumper" to be an effective leader, Ratchet's.... Ratchet, Bumblebee has had no character development and can't even talk, and Bulkhead is just plain dumb. Unless Ultra Magnus join the fight in season 2, I don't think another Prime is going to happen.

11. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    She seems to be moving past that though. Remember her words to BB in episode 23. That doesn't seem like something the old Arcee would say. Also that's why it would be so awesome if she someday became the leader and it seemed perfectly in character for her. It would show how much she developed over the course of the series.

12. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THIS!!!! The story is starting to get great!!!

13. bio9205

bio9205 Knocked Out

On the contrary, as much as I hate seeing Optimus killed off, I think Arcee would make a new Prime. If what the producers say is true, that the series is about finding out what it's like to be a Prime, then if Arcee becomes Prime, she doesn't necessarily have to be perfect. The series could show how she matures as an effective leader of the Autobots.

14. Hiraga

Hiraga BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL

News Credits:
    It's probably Chumley.
    [​IMG]

15. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Would Arceemus Prime transform into a tricycle or a giant wheel of death??

16. Optronix_prime

Optronix_prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They aren't killing Optimus, these guys are too smart to kill Optimus AGAIN.

You guys are just silly for thinking they would repeat the same mistakes...again

17. adambman

True, like I said, just putting options out there, and the possibility that Optimus' opening speech and Megatron's vision(s) (in ep. 23) might not be mutually and completely inclusive is one. After Optimus and Ratchet's rather foreboding astronomy/astrology (they overlap in this case) report, Prime goes on to say that he's '...more concerned about those who might believe that the prophecy speaks to them alone.' So even if Megatron isn't pursuing something like a self fulfilling prophecy, he's still a comparable threat. That is to say, an unmotivated Megatron would be about as unthreatening/uninteresting as a Starscream that didn't plot and scheme (underbase powered being an exception) lol.

18. adambman

Maybe an update of the half track bike concept, though that only really saw much use in WWII. I don't really see Arcee upgrading to a military spec vehicle, but a sleek contemporary interpreteation on the basic idea could be cool.

19. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

Hear hear!

20. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

I'd rather Optimus just stay alive. I wouldn't dig Arcee or any of the others as leader