One Shall Rise pt. 1 10/1/2011

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by Transformed, Sep 3, 2011.

1. Altimus

Altimus Well-Known Member

I didn't know that. :eek: 

Thanks for the info.

2. Goldlock

Goldlock and don't call me Shirley

News Credits:
    It just sounds so...right! Would she be upgraded to a quad-bike then?

And thinking about the ep. title literally, in order to rise you must first have FALLEN! ;) 

3. Mighty.Maximal

Mighty.Maximal Banned

No mater what Hasbro might say I don't think the TF Prime folks have not even read Exodus - They might have read the story bible that was derived from it - but that hardly means Exodus and TF Prime are identical so far in many ways they seem more seperate than Beast Wars & Beast Machines are.

I'm not sure I want anything based on the incoherent and contridictory rambling evident in that bible or Exodus though - and every single WFC game contridicts every other in some way too.

As a show Prime's doing OK but i'd say that was despite rather than because of Exodus.

I hope Canada shows the new episode before the end of October that will be a long old wait.

4. Xaddion

Xaddion ...

News Credits:
    23. One Shall Fall
    24. One Shall Rise pt 1
    25. One Shall Rise pt 2
    26. One Shall Stub his Toe

5. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think One Shall Rise is going to be a three parter.

6. Mighty.Maximal

Mighty.Maximal Banned

I do wish they had the guts to bump off Optimus Prime and reformat him into Nemesis Prime and make him a long running villan.

I can see him taking over the Decepticons it would be neato.

Since Prime has no role or personality in the show named after him then if they made the show about Nemesis Prime rather than Optimus Prime at least that would make the show more unusual and interesting.

and wouldn't be just retreading something done before elsewhere so much.

7. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So One Shall Fall wasn't THE Season finale, but the setting up for the Season finale?

Shame, I mean I know at the end of the day it changes nothing but a honest to god 4 part Season Finale would've been a cool thing to have.

8. shroobmaster

News Credits:
    Sorry but I think that's a pretty darn bad idea. There's a difference with "new/unusual" and "bat shit insane".

There's many characters would could be used for a falling evil storyline, new ones that could be made, but doing that with Optimus is just dumb, specially this Optimus who goes out of his way to make sure the Autobot values get through.

9. adambman

adambman Well-Known Member

If you want to see a character turn like that, theres always the prequel films for Star- who am I kidding? Lol, hmm... Godfather Parts 1 & 2 actually do that kind of character arc well!

10. Mighty.Maximal

Mighty.Maximal Banned

Optimus has been the butt of Murder Jokes for 4 years now - and The Binaltech Nemesis Prime or Universe Nemesis Prime have some interesting story Ideas to them - Optimus is a warrior and who says all warriors fight the good fight.

Not to mention Galvatron dipped Lio Convoy in the Blood of Unicron already to make him into Galva-Lio Convoy.

And Galvatron was also inhabited by Unicron's essense too.

So why can't Unicron use Optimus Prime as his avatar or at least be wispering in his ear like a cartoon devil.

We've not really had the Matrix yet either despite hints about it via the toyline. So if they introduced that it could be a good plot point.

Anyway Prime Optimus is a non Character and Anakin was a non-Character who only got interesting after he was evil - so perhaps peter cullen's dull TFP performance can be shaken up if he's doing a KARR style villan instead instead of the same old captain Kirk We come in peace - shoot to kill schtick Optimus talks peace then leaves a lot of bodies - why not talk like he acts.

He can impose his an Unicron's will on the Decepticons Soundwave can act as a 5th coloumn against him inside the Decepticons... and Airachnia, Knockout and Breakdown can be under his thumb.

Or perhaps Breakdown or Soundwave could even defect to the Autobots.

As soon as you put Optimus on the other team it shakes everything up and prevents it being a retread, and lets face it the show isn't really about Optimus as it stands and is likely never going to be about him as it stands.

So you can keep it the Arcee/Bulkhead & Ratchet show as it's best and yet give Optimus something to do as their "Nemesis".

Not to mention Nemesis probably provides backwards ties to the 13 and The Fallen and the whole history of Unicron's interference.

So I say Dunk Optimus in the Purple goo already. It can only make Peter Cullen Look better and stretch him a bit out side his currently emotionless performance (even if that may be just down to bad directing of him than to any lack of skill) it would also give the show a direction that it lacks too.

11. Oberoniss

Oberoniss DOESN'T-EXIST BABBU

News Credits:
    I definitely don't want OP turning permanently evil, but this just screams "best episode(s) ever" to me.

12. shroobmaster

News Credits:
    This one does.

The whole point of his character is that he takes the good fight so seriously that he basically wiped out his stronger emotions to take his duty as the Prime as seriously as he possibly could. We had a whole scene in the last episode of people just talking about that. Turning him evil out of nowhere is dumb. TFP's Voice director is a total pro and so is Peter, there is no bad acting or bad direction going on, they're doing exactly what they want to do with him in the show.

13. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    In other words blame the writers who decided Prime had to be stoic....again.

14. Una

Una Well-Known Member

I totally agree.

I don't want them to twist Optimus' character because people complain he is too stoic despite how his facial expressions suggest otherwise :rolleyes: . Half of the time, he had expressed regret and a certain sorrow. I'm sorry I'm one who likes the stoic Optimus and already, we still have to see what kind of relationship Megatron and Optimus had. Maybe we get to see how Optimus acted before? Maybe the stoical attitude is for a reason which will be addressed in the series. This show has made a even more serious Prime than the G1 one which means they are taking another direction for him, a dark and very serious one.

So I'm all excited to see what they are doing with Prime in later episodes.:popcorn 

15. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator

News Credits:
    In the words of Optimus Prime "No." :D 

Just in case there's any other confusion over the zap2it dates, these are the air dates for the USA ONLY..

Last edited: Sep 5, 2011
  16. IceMagnus

IceMagnus SSJIcey'95

News Credits:
    I'm confused about all of this.

17. moreprimeland

News Credits:
    It's getting confusing because to date Canadian and USA air dates for episodes have been very different...

For me, I look at zap2it for the Canadian air dates and several sources for USA air dates, depending on your cable system or fave websites.

What I posted above was for the USA ONLY. :popcorn 

18. IceMagnus

IceMagnus SSJIcey'95

News Credits:
    I know that, but I haven't been on here for at least a week and all I'm wondering is if Optimus Prime lived or not. I hate this situation we all are in right now.

19. IceMagnus

IceMagnus SSJIcey'95

News Credits:
    I hope Optimus lives.

20. moreprimeland

News Credits:
    Then you're not confused, but impatient , and hate waiting to find out Optimus' fate.
    Big difference. :D