One Shall Rise pt. 1 10/1/2011

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Transformed, Sep 3, 2011.

1. frost_fenix

frost_fenix Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ironically, if 24 was to be shown last weekend, we could probably end up with a bigger cliffhanger than 23. And people will be moaning for more :D 

2. Sockie

Sockie Veteran

News Credits:
    Yes, the listings on that page are American. Canada doesn't air new episodes on Saturdays. So none of the dates are wrong are as you said earlier.

And what suggests there's going to be a new episode this weekend? Zap2it mentions nothing about a new episode today or tomorrow, either in the States or Canada.

3. adambman

adambman Well-Known Member

Haha funny you should say that; I felt like giving an improbable possibility too! With what happened to Raf last time I was kinda thinking 'Headmaster? No.. Powermaster?' for a sec there! Not that I'm trying to peg him as the new Hi-Q; the damage OP took in ep. 23 (on camera at least) didn't seem to seal his fate... but maybe the position it left him in did :/

Still, aside from the off chance of a Powermaster induced ressurrection, I can think of two reasons why the title of ep. 24 applies to Prime himself, or at least he'l survive. 1. Transformers: Prime - I believe it has been written - is about what it means to be a Prime. I'm not sure which of the other Autobots on Earth have the potential to be a replacement leader, long-term. Furthermore IIRC, Megatron reckons Optimus to be 'the last of the Primes' - a concept brought forth from WFC. I guess my point is that OP surviving will be alot less like deux ex machina (not the episode! lol) than if a new Prime appeared outta thin air. 2. I could make a really literal connection between the titles and events of 23 and 24 and say someone (Prime) would have to fall before they got up.

On the other hand it could be Prime falls then Megs rises. Rises to what though? Victory over Prime? As point 1 above, what'd happen then? Or Megs becomes more powerful... which he already did in the opening miniseries. He's already leader of the 'Cons so I don't see it as 'Rising' in status. Unless theres some duality to the title and the one who rises is Unicron/herald/who or whatever is in that volcano, and they in turn bestow new power on Megs. Over Primes dead body, so to speak... *shrug.

Then to Starscream: last we saw of him, he'd gained independance - but also isolation: from a degree of security, heirarchy, infrastructure, energon and society. That said, Starscream has developed and executed plans that involve the theft of human tech. I'm not sure what his play will be - I' guess a few of us might hopefully imagine an Animated-esque clone assault - but whatever it is, the power of things happening off camera will be exploited. Unless he doesn't appear for the rest of this season, I think at least one of the following is far more likely: Either Starscream makes a move in the next ep or two and accidentally (or spitefully) tips the balance to the 'Bots OR he'll be used in the final couple of eps (maybe gradually over three) to set up a big cliffhanger in ep. 26 that leads into series two. Phew

Or maybe Raf just gets back on his feet :p 

4. unicronic

unicronic Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    The Fallen will Rise.

5. megapork

megapork Cheese

Good Points. Im still putting my money on jack.

6. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    My guess is Prime is critically injured and the episode will revolve around scrambling to save his life while the Decepticons mount a full scale assault.

And all the while, the Earth's condition grows worse.

7. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    In the past, Zap2it.com listed episode titles days after the title had already aired. And Predatory, which aired last week was slated at a later date, but that too could have been the American date. I mainly going off the fact that we know the episodes title in advance this time, which is, well, new.

8. adambman

adambman Well-Known Member

Cool, I won't steal your thunder, but I like how you think!

Going off on a tangent here (probs woulda been better in ep. 23 comments lol) there seems to be a bit of awe from certain TFP characters and those following on the boards that Dark Energon may literaly be the Blood of Unicron. Not to rain on that parade or overly deride the Chaos Bringer... but between the dispersal of this stuff through space and more to the point it seemingly erupting from a volcano- doesn't that mean he's bleeding rather alot? lol

9. Sockie

Sockie Veteran

News Credits:
    Zap2it doesn't put episode titles up on that page because they just aired in Canada, but because they just got information on the episodes' airings in America. The Canadian air dates have nothing to do with it. The only reason it seems new is because Canada aired no episode last Sunday. Also, the original date for "Predatory" was Canadian. The page you linked to is purely American dates, and has little to do with Canada.

10. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I hope the episode airs in Canada tommorow.

11. baggzey23

baggzey23 psn - baggzey23

News Credits:
    oh well he's already risen in the next episode so we win

12. SideswipePrime

SideswipePrime Reply Dump Extraordinaire

one shall fall? optimus' death, called it

13. Dargor

Dargor Well-Known Member

Nope. Megatron already failed into persuade him toward the Dark Side.

14. Una

Una Well-Known Member

Optimus better not die. :mad 

15. Skywarp2413

Skywarp2413 Well-Known Member

I honestly believe it's the Fallen in that volcano. Unicron is a planet, so I doubt he could fit in that little ol' volcano lol.

*GASP* Idea!
    The Fallen, being Unicron's main prophet and follower, has his own team of 'Cons, consisting of:
    Dreadwing
    Shockwave
    Devastator (4 components: Scrapper, Long Haul, Bonecrusher, and Mixmaster)

16. Nerdicon

Nerdicon Caffene=Energon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Arcee will become prime. Just you watch.

17. Altimus

Altimus Well-Known Member

That would be cool.

18. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Indeed.

19. Altimus

Altimus Well-Known Member

Her name will probably change to Solus Prime? Elita One? or ?

20. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
    I guess you could wait until October to watch this episode...or just watch it on YouTube now.