Once Upon a Time

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by UnicronFTW, Oct 24, 2011.

1. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Mr Gold is pissed off.

2. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    So Mulan is in love.....

3. bookwormdalek

bookwormdalek Gotta get a grip

News Credits:
    And it's the hawt kind of love too...

4. Zathras

Zathras Vive le Quebec Libre

Might as well use this thread for talking about Once Upon a Time in Wonderland.

Seen the first few episodes and it's not as good as Once Upon a Time. I do like the Knave character though.

Naveen Andrews as Jafar, i though was a good casting choice at first but there's something missing.

Also the overuse of Green Screens makes some of the backgrounds look more like a cheap Wizard of Oz knock off at times.

5. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

for Once Upon a Time in Wonderland: Is there a lead up to this series in Once Upon a Time (I've missed pretty much all of the current season so far) or can i just watch this by itself.

main reason is to check it out, see how good/bad/etc this new series is.

6. ViperDragon

ViperDragon Well-Known Member

As far as I can remember since I have watched the show from the beginning, not really. The Wonderland episodes in OUAT don't really connect with Wonderland show (besides using the same CGI settings). I really like the casting for Jafar, that LOST fellow really does a nice job and I am glad he has his serpent staff. I am enjoying the show for what it is. These two shows I am always interested in seeing how the characters connect. Hopefully there will be some more crossover character development (i.e. Robin Hood and Knave's connection in the last episode). Interested in seeing how the Red Queen came to power.

7. Silk Spectre

Silk Spectre The Evil Queen

I'm not enjoying Wonderland nearly as much as OUAT - but this last episode made me want to keep watching.

I think it's the characters - with Once, I loved several characters almost right away. Lana Parilla as Regina instantly hooked me into the show all by herself. I'm not getting attached to the Wonderland cast.

8. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    Yeah, looks like we're not posting too much about OUAT's journey to Neverland and what's happening there.

Actually, they're still struggling to find Henry and the whole Peter Pan thing is getting old for me.

Hopefully, they're building up to a face off pretty soon. At the moment, looks like Charming can't leave Neverland....unless they can find a way around that spell.
    Hook has the hots for Emma, but Neal is alive...so...Island Triangle. :D 
    Gold/Rumple hasn't been featured much, but think that's changing.

Haven't watch the Wonderland version at all....doing well to watch this one.

9. dsprks75

dsprks75 Robot Enthusiast

News Credits:
    SPOILER SPACE...

Last week gave us the Little Mermaid. Lots of little nods to the movie which was nice. My fiance is a Little Mermaid fiend so she knows all about it... Regina and Gold team up. Ariel (under Regina's say-so) is going to Storybrook to retrieve something out of Gold's shop which will help them take out Pan, save Henry, and get off of Neverland. Regina told Ariel that Prince Eric was in Storybrook...

Making Peter Pan a dick was an unexpected twist...

10. Zathras

Zathras Vive le Quebec Libre

Interesting twist in today's episode

Peter Pan is actually Rumple's father

11. Venksta

Venksta Render Project Creations TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I did not see that coming. Their saving a lot of stuff from Rumple's back story. Especially how he becomes the Dark One.

Was yesterday's episode the final one for the year?

Has anyone else noticed how messed up the time line is for characters? Well, not that they've made any errors, but the way things work... For example, Baelfire is actually older than Snow and Charming for one thing.

12. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    The gang was back tonight... ABC had an one hour, 'bringing you up to date' episode, then the actual series episode. Not a ton of surprises tonight....but something WICKED this way comes. :D 

13. ViperDragon

ViperDragon Well-Known Member

Interesting for sure. They have a lot of back story fill for the upcoming episodes for the time that disappeared.

14. Venksta

News Credits:
    Just watched the new episode. It didn't miss a beat. The new story line with the Wicked Witch is going to be interesting.

Also, they made it obvious
    Rumple will be back at some point. Especially since his back story about how he became the Dark One, hasn't been revealed yet.

The little tension between Regina and Robin Hood was fun to watch, considering their meant to be together, and gives us an idea on what to expect in the future.

15. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I'm somewhat annoyed that apparently Channel Five here in the UK isn't picking up season three to air. Or the Wonderland spin-off. Dunno where I'll be watching the show now. Probably just not bother.

16. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I'm excited that the Witch of the West will play a huge role in the series. Though I have to be honest her orange hair throws off the look. It should have been black in my opinion. Wonder if this means that the rest of Oz and it's characters will play a role in the series too?

17. Venksta

News Credits:
    Just finished watching the new episode. Good to see some old side characters back for a cameo in Storybrooke. :)  Especially
    Ruby!!!

The story is moving at a faster pace then I thought it would.
    Wicked witch is Regina's half sister, who was also involved with Rumple.

And...
    Rumple is back! With a few screws loose too...

18. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Actually I think he reverted back to the "Dark One" persona. Robert Carlyle said on the pre-show special that Rumplestiltskin have multiple layers in his personality.

I enjoyed the episode tonight.

19. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

My daughter just saw a performance of Wicked a couple weeks ago so the two of us are just starting to watch this now and she is really liking it.

Since we've never seen it until these last couple episodes we're having a hard time understanding the two different "settings" or "worlds" I guess you could call them. Can anyone give me a brief explanation?

20. Venksta

News Credits:
    I really recommend watching the show from the beginning for full enjoyment. There is too much to explain, and you wouldn't really benefit just by getting told the basic story up until now.

I thought about that,
    that he was more like the Dark One personality. But, it felt to me, yes, he was acting like that, along with just not being right. I'm expecting he'll be "damaged" from being resurrected by the Wicked Witch.