On Animated

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Juggalo_Prime, Jul 26, 2010.

1. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    prime not being supreme commander of the autobots actually lets the guy have some character, much like it did with Optimus Primal. He's not perfect, he's still learning how to be a leader. He actually has depth, opposed to the primes we've had recently.

2. Juggalo_Prime

Juggalo_Prime Planeswalker

kind of sounds like war within prime. and war within was AWESOME

3. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    Its the overall story and character development I find to be the best aspects of Animated. Season 3 is the highpoint of it all for me.

4. Juggalo_Prime

Juggalo_Prime Planeswalker

like i said, ill watch the rest of season one, it might grow on me. as long as they keep using black aracnia, shes a badass no matter what show shes in

5. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Could not get into it or even stand it. Seems like all it did was nod to the original. I might as well just watch the original.

6. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Best series we got Beast Wars, It has nods to just about every part of the franchise such as charecters like Blackout, Rattletrap, Hotshot, Red Alert, Flareup, Grandus and even Alpha Trion. It even created brand new charecters or ideas such as Shockwave/Longarm Prime, Wasp/Waspinator, Lockdown, Bulkhead, Lugnut, Slipstream and Oil Slick. Then Hasbro gave us a ROTF/Classics Lockdown and will be giving us a Lugnut later.

Animated: Should got one more season.

7. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Maybe you need to watch a couple more episodes. I was a bit letdown after the first three-part opener (at that time I was still expecting G1 scale battles and storylines)..but after that I've quickly grown to love it.

I'd say watch it at least until the episode Thrill Of The Hunt (it's the 7th one, or 4th if you count the three-part opener as one episode). It was the episode that had me go: 'ok, yes, I'm into this!'

I think if you don't get the hang of it after that, Animated is probably not your cup of tea. :)  But at least you've tried it, right? That's awesome.

8. Dio Forever

Dio Forever Active Member

I just watched it on You Tube. Your right, pretty cool episode. Was Lockdown meant to be a homage to Lobo from DC comics?

9. Sprocket

Sprocket Problematic.

News Credits:
    Because every Optimus Prime must be exactly the same always and forever until the end of time.

I suppose it's a bad time to tell you there's more than one Prime in Animated....?

10. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I take it you did not read the other posts after this when he says he's going to give it a chance?

Also don't troll bait with that "whole must be the exactly the same" bit as theirs a huge gap between not being commander like past primes and being a carbon copy.

Also on that note its not the first time theirs been an Optimus who's not been supreme commander... are people forgetting Primal was just a team leader of a newly formed rag tag crew till he got stranded on earth and rose to the position of leader?

11. Sprocket

Sprocket Problematic.

News Credits:
    I'm not, which is why I found the comment so boggling. Who cares what their name is? It's whether he's a well-written and fully realized character that matters to me. His name isn't sacrosanct: It's not like he's Jesus Christ, he's robot Jesus Christ. There IS a difference. :p 

12. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

I thought that at first too, but more likely he's meant to be a homage to Death's Head.

In fact Lockdown's ship in TFA, it turns out, is named The Death's Head.

13. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW SpongeBob and TTV's MS 2.0

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    And I can tell you about Soundwave,and his buddies.

14. TFanatic

TFanatic New Member

Getting over how different it was is what kept me from watching Animated for ages because I hated the idea of it, but once I was willing just to like it for it instead of judge it as "different from past TFs in this way or that way" I have grown to really love it. I've had a similar experience with Beast Wars. For a long time I wouldn't even watch it because I couldn't get over the idea of them transforming into animals, but now that I've been watching it finally I'm really liking the characters.

15. IronicHide

IronicHide MEME GO HERE

I'd chip in that making Optimus Prime not leader of the Autobots made me like him more.

I always thought that OP was a bit too infallible in G1. It doesn't matter what happens in G1, Prime pulls through and makes every other Autobot look a bit inferior, the big old red deus ex machina truck.

The idea that he's commander of a bunch of jaded Autobots (and, over the seasons, you find out why they're stuck on such a crappy detail) is great, to me, and reaches a natural peak by having a loathable character among the good guys (Sentinel Prime).

If anything, the series plays on the idea that maybe the Decepticons - marginalised guerilla fighters - are the more appealable characters, if not right in what they do. Megatron is charismatic (cf. OP being passive, Magnus being painted as a self-superior jobsworth), Shockwave is a badass (cf. Sentinel being a coward), Blitzwing is the funniest character in the show (cf. the clowning of BB and Bulkhead), Black Arachnia is a conflicted ball of self-loathing, Starscream is at his malevolent best and actually gets to be a bit of a renegade in this show, Wasp(inator) is given a harsh reason to be so malcontent, and Team Charr absolutely clean house.

Add to this that the Autobots are complicit in torture, propoganda against organic creatures and building a weapon of mass destruction, well...

There's just a lot out there for this (lesser, uncertain and younger) Optimus Prime (and the more idealistic Autobots) to learn about and overcome. Which makes it a challenge worth watching and caring about.

Juggalo, I was also a big fan of Black Arachnia. Get ready to be disappointed. She goes missing for a lot of TFA, though the season 1 episode that centres on her (the Halloween one) is my personal favourite of the season.