On Animated

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Juggalo_Prime, Jul 26, 2010.

1. MrSoundwaveGuy

MrSoundwaveGuy I've made a huge mistake

News Credits:
    Fixed.

You can find the entire series on Youtube Juggalo Prime

2. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    (puts on fire suit)

Honestly with animated don't believe the hype its an OK show maybe even good as far as transformers stuff goes but its not as deep as Beast wars not as slap stick as RiD and its not as well animated as a fair chunk of the Japanese stuff.

As a transformers cartoon goes its good... but as cartoons go its meh i could name a few better shows but you might as well watch it to understand the hype

3. TFanatic

TFanatic New Member

I love Animated. It took a long time for me to even give it a try because it looked so different on the surface and they really went their own way with a lot of the characters, but when you watch it it's great. It has more long term plot development than a lot of past Transformers shows without sacrificing the fun of each episode. The visuals are weird but you'll get used to them and it helps to understand that a lot of the way they did it was to be able to give the Transformers more expressive faces and bodies since each character is developed to be so individual and alive.

Also the toys are really fun and show accurate (which I appreciate). The best way to go into it is not to get too hung up on trying to reconcile Animated with past series because it won't work. But if you just appreciate it as a seperate thing it's great.

4. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    Watch it with a grain of salt, and forget anything you love about Transformers or it's sure to disappoint.

It's a novelty and nothing more.

5. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  6. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Err..doesn't that kind of depend on what the person loves about Transformers? ;) 

If you're looking for G1-esque episodes where 15 Autobots are shooting volleys of lasers at 15 Decepticons, then yes, it will dissappoint, because the show is smaller in scale and feel - initially, I was kind of bummed by that.

Other than that, I was very pleased with the characterization, the style, and the obvious care and love the people working on this have for the show. And how about the many nods?

There are people who like Animated because it makes them feel like it's a new G1, there are people who dislike Animated because it doesn't make them feel like it's a new G1. There are many reasons why or why not. :) 

But if you don't like it that's fair, of course.

7. Dio Forever

Dio Forever Active Member

What are the best Japanese robot/tech cartoons? I know nutin' about anime.

8. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    if you want a quick list Gurran lagann is a must see I'd also say the newer remake of Getter Robo as well, Macross Plus is cool skip Zero and maybe check out frontier if you like the first episode. I'd also say Gundam 08th MS team is a must and try not to judge all the gundam stuff by the standards of the new gundam stuff.

9. Dio Forever

Dio Forever Active Member

Ive always heard really good things about Gundam but never tried it.

10. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    it can be hit or miss 00 is ok G gundam is cool just for the lolz, Wing is a love it or hate it kinda show, and the original is ok I'd just watch the movie edits of it as the full thing can drag

11. Juggalo_Prime

Juggalo_Prime Planeswalker

ok, i just watched the first few episodes and... its ok. parts of it piss me the hell off: optimus prime not being the main leader (PRIME MEANS HE HAS THE SLAGGING MATRIX!!!), the character design, and the fact that i realized G2 was gold compared to it. i liked blitzwing, but thats realy it. honestly, i might not finish watching it. could be worse tho, at least it isn't made by The Bay

12. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

In the Animated Universe Optimus doesn't have the Matrix. In fact there is no Matrix (Yet.) There's just the Allspark. Which in the TFA universe was basically like the Matrix and Vector Sigma rolled into one.

Also, in the TFA universe the title "Prime" is actually more of like a military title, like Captain. There's more then one. So Optimus is just "Prime" of his ship and crew.
    The ultimate title of Autobot leader in TFA is "Magnus".

Seriously, I'd suggest sticking with it and keep watching. Honestly the show didn't really impress me until episode 7: "Thrill of the Hunt" That's when I realized the show had some real potential.
    You have to look at it as something completely new. If you look at it as "That's not how it was in Geewun!" Then you're going to hate it.

13. Omega_Soundwave

Omega_Soundwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Honestly, if changes such as Optimus not being the leader annoy you so much that you instantly dislike the show, maybe you're better off not watching it.

Your loss.

EVERYONE likes Blitzwing.

14. Juggalo_Prime

im not trying to hate on it, it just irked me. i've decided to at least finish season one so mayby itll grow on me

15. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    Yup. And Bumblebee only gets more annoying too. As I said earlier...grain of salt.

16. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    guess some one should of warned you animated seems to have a rather hardcore fanbase...

I wont spoil the Dinobots for you but I can tell you now judging by how you feel about prime your going to feel let down

17. Juggalo_Prime

animated's fans are allmost as crazy as juggalos it seems. granted, id react the same (worse) if people were bashing twiztid so its all good. by all meens, tell me about the dinobots

18. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

No more or less then fans of G1.

I'd say just watch the episode, but if you can't wait: http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Dinobots_(Animated)

19. hupla

hupla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Remner season 3 of g1? Well they act like that

20. Juggalo_Prime

so there ******ed and megatron made them? not as bad as i thought.