Omnigonix V-01 Spinout - MP Scaled Sunstreaker

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Jun 19, 2014.

1. Chareos

Chareos The last in line

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  2. mcart

mcart I'm not fat, it's Prime Armor

News Credits:
    Cheers, at that price I'll take the chance

3. SMB73

SMB73 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Good luck. I took the same chance and knew a refund was in order just a few minutes after opening the box.

• Like Like x 2
  4. CigarJackal

CigarJackal Cy-gar smoking beast warrior

Instagram:
    If they threw in a Kronos too, I might pay $35.

5. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

I like the headsculpt and the gun, but that's about it.

6. mcart

News Credits:
    so mine arrived and.... he's not great is he?
    But he's not that bad :) 

wheels popped off and during transformation he just kinda fell in half in my hands but it was nothing too bad, basically one screw at the back wasn't screwed in.
    So after minor reassembly and transformation he stands fine, pops apart if I move him too much and unless I'm missing something, no neck articulation which is just plain weird.

all in all an OK release I would have been pissed paying full price for. At $35 I'm happy to own the most hated figure since Kronos. At lease when this one falls apart you can put him back together again! Honestly not that bad a figure and you can see where this could have been pushed over to a great figure if the designer had had the support

IMG_20180730_165821.jpg

Last edited: Jul 30, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  7. boomerdave

boomerdave Moderator

I have a Kronos even though I have Ft's version now as well. He's a great Skyfire....you just don't want to....transform him...or move his ankles. But he looks mighty fine if you want a "Stand there and look heroic" Skyfire. Just don't touch him too much. :D 

(I actually seem to have gotten a good one but then again, I've never transformed him. Someday I'll say what the hell and go for it). I was going to sell him once but now he's so infamous, he's staying in my collection permanently. It's like owning an Edsel or something like that. It's so bad it's good to own one.

• Like Like x 2
  8. mcart

News Credits:
    I passed on both. It's an unpopular opinion but Phoenix is just too damn big for me. I bought a Macross Jet and paid someone to paint if for me :D  What can I say? I'm a toy guy!

• Like Like x 1
  9. boomerdave

boomerdave Moderator

The original Valkyrie jet/ mech is a classic design, even if you're not a Jetfire person.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Agent-GHQ

Agent-GHQ Accept the unacceptable

Ebay:
    Man this execution is pretty awful! Was gonna pick up BC but by then TT came out. $135 seems a lot for the cars size so I’ll wait for a KO ver

11. Chareos

Chareos The last in line

News Credits:
    Clipped a small sliver out of the back of the thighs as in @Printformers video. This helps the range of movement on the thigh swivel
    Capture+_2018-09-07-21-25-59.png

• Like Like x 1
  12. rob_charb

rob_charb Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Still the cleanest bot mode by far. Kinda makes me want to get one again and fix it up.

• Like Like x 1
  13. XIII

XIII Well-Known Member

As an action figure and toy, no he is not fantastic and you can't be ham handed with him. I STILL say a hell of a lot better than HasTak has been doing lately.

BUT, if you treat him like a model kit, he's pretty damn cool. Most to the QC I've seen is pretty easy to fix (I feel most people a just whining) and again if you think about it as a kit and not an action figure, you are in a better frame of mind to enjoy the figure. Yeah, those front wheels don't roll. Just tighten the screws down all the way and leave them. That is all depending on the level of QC of yours.

I've heard/read some pretty crazy stories but since both of mine were nearly perfect out of the box, I have to assume from my experience with the mold that most people are exaggerating. I fixed a pin on the right knee on one and reattached the left headlight cover on the other and perfect. Even the chest holds in on both. I can shake them around and nothing flops or pops out of place. Maybe I just got lucky. But yeah, defiantly not worth the original retail price. But, $35? Sure, defiantly worth it.

• Like Like x 3
  14. mcart

News Credits:
    I agree with all you just said!

I think I'd have been amongst the whiners if I'd have paid full retail but at $35 I have no complaints. Well, I did have a complaint about the neck articulation but it seems like it's just tight on mine, looks to be a ball joint.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Acrophobic

Acrophobic Recalled Laser Pointer

Ebay:
    Just got my Spinout from BBTS...and lucky me, got a good one. By that, (I've been researching this one like crazy for the last few days) I mean that no wheels popping off, paint is GREAT, legs only slightly loose, easily fixed.

Only real problem is one of the hinges for the rear of the car is stuck, but in a way that doesn't hinder transformation. Just can't hinge the rear of the car exactly where it needs to go in bot mode, but once I find my tiny Phillips head screwdriver, just a slight loosening should free it up.

Gotta say, reading through this board makes Spinout seem like an adventure...and at $36, I'm happy to. He looks exactly like I want a MP Sunstreaker to look, (1st transformer I ever had as a kid, gotta be toy accurate for me) it just hits all the right notes.

Great design, this toy deserved better than the factory delivered. Give it some love, and the results are very good.

• Like Like x 6
  16. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I guess the summer sale became a permanent sale.

• Like Like x 2