Omnigonix V-01 Spinout - MP Scaled Sunstreaker

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Jun 19, 2014.

1. XOC2008

XOC2008 Wait! I still function!

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    It returns the joint to the shoulder that was there initially. The shoulder should be able to move at the ball socket and inside the shoulder itself, but the factory changed the position of one side of the mold and rendered that function inoperable.

• Like Like x 1
  2. XOC2008

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    The back of the thighs are notched slightly at the top so they can come closer together instead of standard wide-A stance.

3. TCracker

TCracker R.I.P., 5/2019 Veteran

News Credits:
    Great! All it needs now is some Martolabels love. :D 

• Like Like x 1
  4. G.I.EDDIE

G.I.EDDIE Purple treads suck!

News Credits:
    IMG_0020.jpg IMG_0024.jpg IMG_0023.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  5. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I'm not going to get into a pissing contest here and have a lengthy argument. As I said, I had bowed out earlier. I only responded to accusations of being entitled.

Obviously you completely missed my point. Omni himself said he didn't put any markup at all on these parts. So all the arguments about his time being worth money are irrelevant since he's not taking any money for the parts. His only objection has been worry of someone selling the parts for money. The exact thing shapeways is doing. As someone who has designed and produced 3rd party toys, I can assure you that the costs to produce these parts would far outweigh any money that could be earned selling them. If I wanted to throw away $10,000, there are many more ways I can imagine doing so. I'm NOT still trying to get him to send me the files. I'm only asking him why he'll let Shapeways sell the design, but won't let actual owners of his product print it themselves? His excuse doesn't make sense because shapeways is doing the very thing he says he's worried about. The only way any of it makes any sense is if is lying and actually DOES have markup on it. All he had to do was say that it's an upgrade kit and he's making some money off the sales. Then no one would try to print their own.

I like how you put "if you really do have a 3D printer" as though I'm making it up. :lol  What in the heck would I want with the CAD file for a single part if I had no way to use it? :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  6. XOC2008

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Because he doesn't want to? Because he doesn't HAVE to? He's already got it on Shapeways and it's selling there so whether or not he's making any profit he's not obligated to do anything else. He wasn't obligated to provide the fixes at all, but he did, because he wanted the figure to be closer to what he created instead of what was produced. He doesn't HAVE to do anything else. This wasn't 'after sales service'. This was a guy who saw his design get screwed over and wanted to try and make it right.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Oshboggy

Oshboggy DeceptiCobra DeathAdderCon

I didn't want to wade into this mess but hey, YOLO.

Insane Galvatron already said that it was about the way that Omnigonix replied. And the other point he's making is why "any normal guy with a 3D printer" can't be a substitute for "Shapeways", especially if the intent is to provide buyers with a fix, and if Omnigonix isn't making money (or presumably otherwise benefiting) off the Shapeways model.

None of these points have to do with obligation on Omnigonix's part.

I think that everyone can take what view they will on this matter but at least try not to talk past one another in airing those views.

Ok, back on track, this is turning out to be another UT Warlord experience for me ... now I'll have to go through everything to compile a list of fixes and improvements! So far I've got "obtain Martolabels, notch the hips, obtain a Shapeways chest lock or shave the chest bits down".

Then there's this "shoulder fix" that you mentioned that sounds good but I'm not sure how to actually do it. Can you elaborate a little?

Whew!

• Like Like x 2
  8. DesertDog

DesertDog Gone Fission’.

News Credits:
    In the Alberta Rockies on my Triumph Tiger 800XC
    Agreed, Martolabels make all the difference. They're the only thing I've added to my Spinout in fact. Worth every penny. [​IMG]

As much as I'm looking forward to Sunstreaker, Spinout will keep his place due to his resemblance to the handsome fellow on his right.

• Like Like x 2
  9. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Should have / Could have / Would have.... I'm sure both sides have something to be sorry about. Even the community...

If I were a designer and I had designed parts, I think would rather not share the actual files with anybody. It's safer for me to put it up on Shapeways, because I know they won't share it. They are in the business of production.

Can we move on now or is there nothing else to talk about?

• Like Like x 9
  10. Phoenix Blaze

Phoenix Blaze Brain Waster

Agreed. This toy is going to see continued interest as mp Streaker draws nearer, it'd be best if prospective buyers didn't see this thread with so much arguing, especially as I made a point of saying how supportive this thread can be in my article.

• Like Like x 1
  11. dbae14

dbae14 Special Ops

RESEARCH TIME!

Check the following posts in this thread for listed and sometimes illustrated fixes:

One of those has my visual guide to the shoulder fix.

• Like Like x 7
  12. bad andy

bad andy Well-Known Member

No! this is the internets! And I just made a new bowl of popcorn!

;) 

• Like Like x 1
  13. Oshboggy

Oshboggy DeceptiCobra DeathAdderCon

Thank you, friend from the Interwebs :) 

• Like Like x 1
  14. dbae14

dbae14 Special Ops

Feel free to ask about any individual fix. Many of us have done these on more than one copy of Spinout.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Popo

Popo Pleasure Mødel

appreciate this sentiment! I just got mine in and I love him!

16. Phoenix Blaze

There you go, another one joins the fray. I've been trying to explain the Spinout effect, both in person, on video and more recently via the written word but I still feel I don't communicate all too well why Spinout is so endearing.

Yes he looks amazing and that's often what I point to as the main draw but I also think the nature of this thread, following Omni through the process and even though they didn't stick the landing finally getting the release, that all means something, maybe something a little intangible but something nonetheless.

17. dbae14

dbae14 Special Ops

This will look like a repost, but I enjoyed receiving something less than perfect and figuring out and implementing the fixes to bring my figures up to MP-level of satisfaction. That aspect of this hobby is not for everyone. But I'm happy to have been able to get my aesthetic choice "up to snuff." The simplicity of the engineering and overall design look has me looking forward to Omnigonix' (the designer) next effort. IMO, Spinout's aesthetics more closely match MP-12 than other options. I've got MP-39 on pre-order, but I don't anticipate either of my Spinouts will be going anywhere.

To those joining us, welcome to the club, but be prepared, there are a lot of opinionated posters who will tell you how stupid you are and how awful Spinout is. Though most of them now seem to be defending their BC purchase against MP-39. Since Spinout looks totally different, we don't really have to worry about being told how Takara did everything better. I guess I'd be sad if Takara had made a better Spinout. Nah, no I wouldn't.:) 

• Like Like x 4
  18. Phoenix Blaze

• Like Like x 2
  19. researchicon

researchicon Well-Known Member

So is this the most infamous 3P Toy ever? I want one!!!!

• Like Like x 2
  20. Red2

Red2 " ... and so the story goes ... "

Uh, Kronos may argue that. :) 

• Like Like x 2