Omnigonix V-01 Spinout - MP Scaled Sunstreaker

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Jun 19, 2014.

1. Marto6

Marto6 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm not honestly sure I can make the small Lamborghini in a clear enough print.... Countach I think is possible. Can you explain the significance of the Strker Lic. plate name? Far as the other spots requested... I will look at some G1 streaker pics to reference what you feel are needed. All this included with what others are asking for would be a set of decals for sure... thanks for the suggestions

2. Marto6

Marto6 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That pic is of the signal and running lights. the headlight is above this.. which are flip up style. Just wanted to clarify this. do you want to have these above or below the plastic lens?

3. beangrower

beangrower Well-Known Member

Oh yeah...my mistake. I knew this as I searched for "signal countach lights" to find that pic.

4. leo7830

leo7830 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Ohh, i just meant Strker as an abbreviation of Streaker.

5. Marto6

Marto6 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Okay, males sense.... see what else I can think of.

6. leo7830

Ebay:
    Anybody else have this problem with the canopy not sitting down all the way?
    [​IMG]

7. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I did, but it turned out to be the weirdest reason. I had to reset the head on it's balljoint. Seriously. The socket is on the back of the head, but the ball had popped out. The head stayed on because the ball was wedged between the front and back half. I had to take out the screw, pull the head apart, then put ball back in the socket, then put it all back together, and the car mode went right together.

With the head off the socket, it sits back just a bit further than it should. Just enough to hold the roof up and not let it sit on fully.

8. leo7830

Ebay:
    Thanks!

9. gilermo

gilermo Well-Known Member

I thought this just looked a little cooler than sunsurge and it was a lot cheaper so bit the bullet. How bad could it be right?
    Oh boy was I in for a treat. Arms extremely floppy, knee joint had extra molding on it so it could not straighten, legs loose as hell, wheels keep popping off, leg panels kept falling off, almost nothing stays pegged in. Just a floppy mess and I would basically have to confine him to a wheelchair. Send it back the next day. I don't know if it was just mine but I'm going for Sunsurge after all. If only the QC on this was just half decent. I do like the design a lot.

10. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It does (unfortunately) require some future or nail polish to tighten the joints up. Yours sounds worse than mine though. :( 

Sorry he didn't work out. I LOVE this guy. But yes, he requires more work than he should.

Sunsurge is cool as well. I have both. Spinout ultimately bumped Sunsurge, but if he'd never arrived I would have been content with Sunsurge.

11. Weezie

Weezie Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Mine was about the same quality. What a piece of junk. Not a fan of Sunsurge either, but I don't blame you for getting him instead.

12. mandingo_rex

mandingo_rex ★★★★★

Got in my replacement Spinout from BBTS finally. Super annoyed it took me a trip to the post office and 2 weeks' delay to get the replacement because the little wheel that popped off could literally have been mailed to me in a tiny mailer instead of shipping the same figure back and forth 3 trips.

This copy was fully intact. I can't say I'm completely disappointed in the figure, as I still have yet to mod anything but overall he just seems like a great figure that fell short. No fault of the designer's, but you can tell that they cut way too many corners in production.

The floppiness and lack of real ability for the neck/chest to peg into place is extremely disappointing. It's clearly missing pieces that were there originally and the corner-cutting shows.

My SunSurge is solid once in bot form, but broke straight out of the box, so I've not been too stoked with either figure. I think after fixing the neck and tightening some joints (and either painting or drilling out the rims) I'll be much happier.

A bummer to see such a promising design wind up so lackluster in the final version.

13. leo7830

Ebay:
    I would like a set of those. You sell them?

14. ShanLan

ShanLan I is a WerWilf

*sigh

Canopy hinge broke during the first transformation. I'm going to need to put in sturdier pins. Back of his knee hinges are coated with a super-glue like substance and look awful. Need to be sanded and cleaned up. One of the black plastic vent pieces also came unglued and popped off. Have to re-glue it.

Other than that..... Everything else is fine. Chest clips in, forearms don't split, feet are well glued, joints are not horribly loose. Paintjob is....not bad. Some pieces look like they have one less coat of yellow than others, but not horribly noticeable.

Is he a pain in the ass? Yes, but damn, he does look good.

He'll be one of my summer projects. I'll see what sort of magic I can work with him.

15. Marto6

Marto6 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Okay people's, I got the vehicle mode decals designed and fitted...even a little Lamborghini and countach decal..iade a ref rear quarter decal too. Just didn't want it on mine. So far the set has the black CR stripe, signal lights, wing decal, Lamborghini and countach, red rear quarters and 3 faction symbols and 2-3 license plate options. I will get back with bot mode decals in the next couple days and a picture of the full decal set. Let me know what you think about the set currently. Thanks. Marto6

Attached Files:

16. TCracker

TCracker R.I.P., 5/2019 Veteran

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

17. leo7830

Ebay:
    I really like that. This set is cool!

18. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Wow, what a difference those decals make. If you make those, I want a set for sure.

19. Marto6

Marto6 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was intending to sell decal sets. Just need to finish the bot mode part of the set... Red shoulders etc.

20. DesertDog

DesertDog Gone Fission’.

News Credits:
    In the Alberta Rockies on my Triumph Tiger 800XC
    Between the two of you I'm completely sold on this figure. The decals make him look even more like a toy based Masterpiece. Which is exactly what I want. Sunsurge is just too spindly and Toony for me. And as usual TCracker should be on every transforming robot manufacturer's speed dial for product shots.

If/when BBTS or TFSource come to their senses and drop the price a goodly chunk then I'll snap one up. He just looks too Sunstreakery to pass up. I'd cheerfully buy a set of decals in anticipation of getting this figure eventually.