Omnigonix V-01 Spinout - MP Scaled Sunstreaker

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Jun 19, 2014.

1. ZEGR

ZEGR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think Spinout looks better than Sunsurge,but im only getting it if i find it for 30-40$ tops...He is not worth more than that lets be honest here..and thats only if all his issues are fixable

2. 26_Mirage

26_Mirage Heroic Stunticon

I'd love to see them too...but I wonder if any retailers would even want to stock them if they were made given all the issues with SO.

I wonder if we'll see a Reprolabels set for SO in their next update...

3. leo7830

leo7830 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I emailed reprolabels and asked if Spinout would get a set. I was told no not at this time. I don't think they will make one.

4. 26_Mirage

26_Mirage Heroic Stunticon

...BOO...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbdown 

But thanks for the info.:thumb 

5. shadowfall1976

shadowfall1976 The Alpha and the Optimus

Problem is, no one should have to do a crap ton of fixes to the figure. That alone in my book makes this thing a flop. I don't own any Sunstreaker figure right now, I'm perfectly content waiting out an official. That said, I wouldn't need any reasons to justify not buying a defective figure. I personally don't like anything about SO, but I'll not knock anyone who likes it. Even if I did like it...I'd stay far away from it.

I will not buy a defective figure even from HasTak, I've returned or sold off previous piles of crap, I'll buy one to try my luck if I truly want one, but if it's a turd, it's a turd, no polish will change that and back to whence it came it goes. There will always be another version.

6. Marto6

Marto6 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What would you want in a decal set for Spin-out? I can make decals.. I know what I would like to add.. but , I am interested in your ideas too. Thanks.

7. spot138

spot138 Proud Gee-Wunner!!!

Ebay:
    I'd like to see the basic stuff like some Autobot Logos, License plates, Red decals for the upper arms, and the Black stripe going down the side with CR on it. Also, even though it's not cannon, maybe some kind of detail or embelishment for the front of the wrists to hide the seam.

Edit* Forgot about the giant "Countach" for the rear wing!

8. beeker

beeker Well-Known Member

How about headlight decals? Might be hard to do. Should be transparent with a black border, maybe?

9. TCracker

TCracker R.I.P., 5/2019 Veteran

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. unmc2001

unmc2001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    looks great in your pictures.

11. GI JOHN

GI JOHN Well-Known Member

Ditto. beangrower What did you do to those headlights? They look awesome.

12. NamelessOne

NamelessOne SG Autobot

this, 100% -

Don't know what Reprolabels are thinking sometimes, Spinout would just be a resize / development of the base Countach files they already have multiple iterations of.

Some of the more recent sets have verged on the ridiculous for needless chrome, etc - their MP28 Rodimus set has some nice bits, but the hood is not at all good.

13. theosteve

theosteve Well-Known Member

Spinout came in today. It has all the usual problems, but no missing pieces, so I'm content. Looks great. I'll do all the joint tightening, and then attempt the shoulder mod. Has anyone posted a tutorial on that?

14. beangrower

beangrower Well-Known Member

Thanks guys. Here's the pic I got on line. Mirrored to get the other side and shrank down to about 1/2" in width (1/2" width will get you the right height but u still have to trim the width down like a 1/8 or so.) And then I just sandwiched it between the glass and car. If u make it a tiny bit wider then it will hold ur glass in quite firm. You can probably change the dimensions if you want to keep all of the headlight in place.

Attached Files:

15. beeker

beeker Well-Known Member

Brilliant! What a difference it makes.

Is it weird that the more people hate on this guy, the more i love it?

16. Marto6

Marto6 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I will see what I can do. MY biggest concern is the black stripe... because of the vented ground effects... I will post a picture here once I get something together. and see about the headlights too..

17. leo7830

Ebay:
    I wasn't looking for much. Probably not even enough to do a set. I was thinking the lamborgini and countach that are on the rear of Sideswipe, a few license plates to pick from maybe one that says strker. Something on the upper thigh parts that fold down and something for the crotch piece.

18. leo7830

Ebay:
    I like those, Sweet!!

19. Marto6

Marto6 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm not honestly sure I can make the small Lamborghini in a clear enough print.... Countach I think is possible. Can you explain the significance of the Strker Lic. plate name? Far as the other spots requested... I will look at some G1 streaker pics to reference what you feel are needed. All this included with what others are asking for would be a set of decals for sure... thanks for the suggestions

20. Marto6

Marto6 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That pic is of the signal and running lights. the headlight is above this.. which are flip up style. Just wanted to clarify this. do you want to have these above or below the plastic lens?