Omnigonix V-01 Spinout - MP Scaled Sunstreaker

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Jun 19, 2014.

1. Weezie

Weezie Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    lol :D  I admit I burst out laughing

2. nomolos

nomolos Well-Known Member

@el Duque :lol  perfect

3. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    Oh come on, if you can handle Omnigonix at a young age, life's disappointments will be a walk in the park later on.

Set your standards low early in life and you'll never be disappointed again.

4. Raiyuki

Raiyuki Low Class Seeker

Seems like TCracker is one of the few people really happy with this thing.
    Shame about the QC as appearance wise it looks pretty good.

5. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Too small? He's the same height as the other car bots.

6. sithfire30

sithfire30 Well-Known Member

First post here on the TFW boards....Unfortunately it has to be concerning this figure's problems. Been collecting the 3P transformers for awhile now, and as much as I was looking forward to this release the final product is obviously a disaster. The Spinout I received has decent tabbing in the neck piece, the transformation wasn't much of an issue....my problem is the horrible pinning in the legs. One section of the lower right leg just fell off and the screw that held it is stripped. It's like this piece was rushed through assembly. Anyway, I've made repairs though it required the figure to remain forever in robot form. It sucks because I didn't pay (even at discount) for a non-transforming transformer LOL....but Ya know...I'm trying to make lemonade out of a lemon here. I don't like Bad Cube's SunSurge robot form, but love the alt car mode. Outstanding. I don't like Spinout's alt car mode but love the robot form. So together I get my Sunstreaker in both modes...lemonade out of a lemon right? I don't know- the idea is helping for right now. Am I happy to have Spinout? Yea...I'm a fan of the classic G1 robot design, Sunstreaker was the first G1 Transformer I owned when I was a kid. So it being nostalgia piece, the robot form is worth it personally to me. To each their own, however I don't recommend this figure to anyone unless they are a die hard Sunstreaker fan. Save your money.

7. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Welcome to TFW... It's a good thing that I'm not dyslexic... :) 

Or else, I would have read your handle differently. :) 

8. TCracker

TCracker R.I.P., 5/2019 Veteran

News Credits:
    Not really happy happy like glad or estatic. I had set the bar really low ala Ollie that this turned out satisfactory for me.

And @Ruizu, I am just curious how is it possible those arms can snap off ? I have checked mine and unless you flip and handle the figure with the hatred of a thousand suns, and treat it like any 3p toys, that is unlike that would happen. Just curious.

I have transformed mine 8 times already and still holds. There are some aspects of the transformation that I do not like example the head, but that does not make me want to slam the figure at the wall.

The past 4 pages was good with constructive discussion until the usual suspects comes in with their condensending and snide remarks. Yeah we know you hate Spin-out and worship sunsurge, now go get a life and let us supporters and those with neutral ground helpneach other out with ideas and pointers.

9. ShanLan

ShanLan I is a WerWilf

I still think this is so, so beautiful. I'm just not sure if I can give it the TLC and fine tuning it needs....

Maybe I'll get to handle one and see for sure.

*sigh

Such a shame. This design is too beautiful to be half-ass QC'd. Spinout deserves respect! :( 

10. greatcthulu

greatcthulu Well-Known Member

That pic is hilarious. Spinout is like "what the hell are you guys doing over there?"

11. daddytron

daddytron Made of too much clear plastic

:popcorn 

I'm sorry for those that got stuck with a dud figure. But I have to admit it's entertaining to see something suck this bad. It's like Kronos all over again.

12. TCracker

TCracker R.I.P., 5/2019 Veteran

News Credits:
    Not really, Kronos was a.pile of weaksauce tattered with out of the box breakage and looser than Spin-out.

I.bought 2 Kronos and it was ultimate fail. He is now just standing there on my collection looking imposing but in actual life it is a heap of nonsense.

13. DPrime

DPrime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    True. And at least Spinout wasn't hyped by the owner/designer himself to be the ultimate be-all-end-all best third party Transformer that ever did or will exist... and then promptly disappear from the forums when people started getting them in hand.

14. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

I recently backed out of selling my mint in box Kronos for $300+, so it couldn't have been that bad (if you got lucky and got a good one.) I doubt anyone will make a better looking G1 Skyfire statue, though I am excited to see what FT comes up with.

15. daddytron

daddytron Made of too much clear plastic

It's a shame because I actually did like the look of this better than Sunsurge, which does nothing for me. But this wasn't a character that meant much to me so I am content to sit back and wait for a version that I like more.

As soon as I hit "post" I knew the Kronos comparison might rub people wrong, but both the issues and the reception are very similar. Build quality is what killed both of these figures.

I see Kronos at my friend's house all the time, and it looks quite impressive standing on the back of a shelf, as well as spot on. But the alt mode is a mess, the transformation is a crime against humanity, and the damn thing is likely to break on you if you attempt it.

Sunsurge looks quite good in both modes, but everything other than that looks like a mess. Maybe Ollie is a better comparison.

16. nacho

nacho Well-Known Member

Yep. The problem is, the usual suspects can't stand the idea that anyone likes this figure. It pains them somehow.

If I listened to the haters, there would be a couple dozen figures in my collection I'd be missing. Andras is a great figure, but the haters can't stop busting on XTB. Same with Transistor b/c they would have you believe KFC is the devil. I wouldn't have Carry b/c he's too stylized, or Buzzing b/c he's too... (even the haters don't know). I wouldn't have Kronos (I got a good one I guess?), Apollyon (another good one?), Huff (paint looks fine to me), Mercenary and Tesla (nothing wrong with the faces from here). The list goes on. My shelves would be practically empty if I listened to all the noise.

Some people almost seem hell-bent on being unhappy with these figures. Whats worse, others are hell-bent on making sure no one else is happy either.

I tried to be very objective with my in-hand comments last night. Clearly spinout has some flaws, but until something better arrives, he'll do nicely.

17. hayabusa

hayabusa Skyfire

spinout

This figure looks great am gonna get it.treading opinions seem to be band wagon influenced. Bad cubes looks tooo...looney toony I prefer g1 true lil super glue on needle it will be great fig im out

18. phoenixliger

phoenixliger Ogre

Cronos has nothing on Sonicron I paid 20 dollars for that piece of junk and feel like i over paid. I keep him around to remind me that a figure could be worse. At least Cronos looks decent in bot mode.

I can still see owning Spinout but since i have better projects to spend my money it can move to the back of my proirities

19. Legate

Legate RIP Kevin Conroy and Akira Toriyama

Just some reminders of some facts people seem to have forgotten:

1. While designed after the Masterpiece style, Spinout is representative of IDW Sunstreaker, NOT his G1 incarnation.

2. Although the designer has been wearing the spokesman hat, he is NOT a "one-man band". He is the designer for the company Omnigonix.

3. Following point 2, once he submitted his final design, the designer's job and involvement in any kind of meaningful or substantial way was over. The company, for reasons unknown, took it upon themselves to make modifications to the figure after the fact.

4. No definitive statement or evidence has ever been made or given regarding which factory was chosen to produce Spinout or what modifications may or may not have been during the production process.

20. greatcthulu

greatcthulu Well-Known Member

I don't really think you need to reiterate 2 and 3. I haven't seen anyone come after Omnigonix the board member/designer. Quite the opposite has happened, where many have expressed support for him having his original design fail to be realized.