Omnigonix V-01 Spinout - MP Scaled Sunstreaker

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Jun 19, 2014.

1. GrimSwipe

GrimSwipe Shock Trooper

I see what you are saying (though my ideal pairing would be that proto head with the production elf ears), but Sunsurge's head just does not sit right with me, so the bar is set pretty low.

2. N_M_S

N_M_S Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Still wish they had stuck with the original head options....

[​IMG]

3. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    SunSurge's vehicle mode tail end is show accurate. There's no denying that, the facts back it up.

BadCube amped it up with the chrome piece, but other than that, it's show accurate as seen here:
    https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5618/22494372226_b6dd9a5396_b.jpg

The rest is opinion, I suppose, but the back end is indeed (and in fact) toon accurate. Spinout's is world accurate, for the most part.

4. GrimSwipe

GrimSwipe Shock Trooper

Back in those days (I had just started in the 3p world) I thought this guy was going to be one of the crown jewels of my collection.

5. ambitron

ambitron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Funny thing is, that was the photo that caused me to cancel my preorder and wait to see how it turned out - but hey, we wall have different aesthetic preferences. :) 

It's a shame that initial impressions don't seem to be good for this guy. I absolutely loved the initial renders and prototypes of Spinout and was hugely enthusiastic for this project for a long time. I ended up buying Sunsurge, and I really like the figure, but he's not perfect - accusations of weird proportions are fair enough, and I do prefer the non-fake-chest of Spinout. Sunsurge has the better face-sculpt (for me), but only compared to the revised sculpts - the early pictures of Spinout trounce Sunsurge. If Spinout looked like he did in the initial images, he would be my choice of Sunstreaker, no question. I only had to settle for another figure because of the changes made.

Yep. Here is my perfect Sunstreaker - the one on the left:

[​IMG]

I'm still looking forward to seeing video reviews of this guy. His legs look better than Sunsurge, and I like the simpler transformation (I hope) and non-fake chest, but with the quality of the latest pictures and the new face sculpt, I doubt it will be enough for me to pick this up on top of BadCube's; I'll just have have to hope Takara or MMC tackles him. It's a real shame how this turned out. If Omnigonix wants to sell me that original prototype, though...

6. G.I.EDDIE

G.I.EDDIE Purple treads suck!

News Credits:
    Aesthetically, with the exception of the headlights and fake side scoop, I still love everything about this figure. Though with all the latest pics, one thing thats also been bothering me a LOT, is far forward the head sits. Very very weird looking.

The alt mode isn't prefect, but that bot mode shines (aside from the head).

7. Sorrow Six Star

Sorrow Six Star 3 2 1 Countach!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Someone I know just got one.
    And I quote. "Worse than Kronos"

8. GR1ML0CK

GR1ML0CK Dinobot Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Bummer

9. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I still can't imagine this wasn't done on purpose. I have a feeling KFC had some kind of an agenda behind this. It's not their normal level of work. (Overly complex, questionable material quality.)

I wonder if they have their own Sunstreaker coming down the line and we haven't seen it yet.

10. mcart

mcart I'm not fat, it's Prime Armor

News Credits:
    Oh I so hope this is an exaggeration. :( 

11. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    Well arguably Omnigonix shouldn't have gone with KFC in the first place. Why would you want your potential competitor to produce your piece?

12. DinobotSludge

DinobotSludge Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    [NOT trying to start a debate or argument with anyone, I just wanted to say my personal feelings on the figure is all!]

...I still disagree with people calling Kronos a bad figure. I have 2, an both of mine are fine. I personally replaced the ankle section with shapeways parts, but I do that with the hands an a few other parts on my 3rd party an MP figures anymore.. so meh.... Kronos... I give it a full pass. Looks great in both modes, an being new to collection transformers for the first time in my life since back in january of last year... I could care less if I have to trisect an entire figure an panel form all 3 sections an clip on an off parts... just as long as all of the figures modes look the part and dont look crap.... then I am game for buying any MP style TF figure.

13. shadowfall1976

shadowfall1976 The Alpha and the Optimus

Problem with that is Bee always was a straight up Bug, which is why they did it how they did, plus being licensed. Sunstreaker was always a modified Lambo, never a straight up factory Lambo with just a scoop on the roof, the whole back end is modified and custom. Can't compare the two really in that aspect. Being deformed doesn't negate the fact he's still 100% still a Beetle.

14. nacho

nacho Well-Known Member

I love the hell out of kronos. If it looks half that good on my shelf, I'll be thrilled.

15. SCPrime

SCPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Which means I better go order Spinout...because Kronos doubled in price aftermarket.

16. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So, how much longer do we have to wait for this release?

17. ronin4375

ronin4375 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    maybe that's because its the only MP scaled Jetfire out there...i doubt spinout is going to double in price any time soon.

18. ronin4375

ronin4375 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    what's wrong with his chest...looks incomplete.

[​IMG]

19. Sorrow Six Star

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That picture has sagged. The rear quarters of the car should be pulled in tighter to the torso. Looks like something that should lock doesn't. Stole attached pic from Robert D. That's where it's supposed to be sitting.

Attached Files:

20. Sorrow Six Star

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Agree. It's a double edged sword being a Sunstreaker fan. He's not super popular so there's not many toys.
    But... His toys aren't as pricey either.