Omnigonix V-01 Spinout - MP Scaled Sunstreaker

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Jun 19, 2014.

1. TruStarscreamer

TruStarscreamer Well-Known Member

This is almost like Badcube bugs vs Fantoys...each is bringing something over the other to the table. I am more than happy with my Sunsurge, but having serious leg envy. The open chest...well...it is more Takara accurate then in some ways (looks at MP Tracks). Jokes aside I think if you have him, you will be happy. One thing I think they could have done would have made an opaque windshield, so we don't see the insides. There, that is my fanboy griping lol.

2. Raiokonboi

Raiokonboi Active Member

Yeah this guys is awesome! Even despite all the imperfections, he still rocks! He will be my Sunstreaker and look amazing with all the other MPs. I am 100% in on this one.

3. G1 Collector

G1 Collector STINGER

This guy looks great to me and the MP style box was a nice touch.
    Ready to have him in hand and with his brothers...

4. Weezie

Weezie Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Chimungmung said he's going to be in stock on April 30th. Hold onto your butts :D 

5. Deltacepticon

Deltacepticon Well-Known Member

Huh, just took another look at the latest pictures...

Is it just me, or does the head look like it's positioned too far forward? It looks like the natural placement for the head should be where the boosters are now...

6. PwrdOff

PwrdOff Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Skullface is great because while he is critical, he's not blindly nerd raging or nitpicking over minor details, but just speaking off the cuff and giving his honest opinion.

7. Sorrow Six Star

Sorrow Six Star 3 2 1 Countach!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    We've all been made fool by some product or another. For me it's combiner wars Sunstreaker. Hard to Break the habit of buying every version of favorite characters. I did manage to stop short of ceedub Wheeljack.

Skullface already said he wasn't buying one. So if you wait for him to review it it might take a while.

8. Sorrow Six Star

Sorrow Six Star 3 2 1 Countach!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I wish!

9. HardMangG

HardMangG Well-Known Member

The armpit gaps initially turned me off but we'll see how the whole figure pans out once in hand

10. Archon Shiva

Archon Shiva Well-Known Member

I got into CW when I first saw Sunstreaker on Optimus Maximus. The first one I got couldn't transform right due to a misassembled joint, and the replacement turns out better, but not by much, as this is a really bad mold anyway. Quite disappointing, but meanwhile the line's hit several high notes for me, at least.

If he could just be stuff enough to work as a right arm...

BadCube got the good end of that, obviously, as I needed a decent Sunstreaker. Spinout would have filled that slot reasonably well, but I suspect I might have a felt a tiny bit more regret over getting the first to market.

11. malware5

malware5 Well-Known Member

I don't mean to be that guy, I was ready to give this figure the benefit of the doubt as he had a nice alt-mode and good looking legs relative to BC's version but after the last bout of pictures...this figure looks absolutely and atrociously hideous in every mode. It looks so unrefined and unfinished, like a radicons project in mid-development.....MEH!?

Just look at that gappy alt-mode, and that awful torso that almost looks like it's suspending in mid air, wow, it's so bad it even makes MP-28's unphotogenic torso look amazing by comparison. And that tiny head, it not only doesn't look bad it just doesn't look like Sunstreaker or even evoke the character.

The same can be said about the silhouette of the figure, there is nothing Sunstreaker about it, isn't he supposed to be similar to Tracks in stature, tall and sleek? It fails to capture his essence in any way. And that gappy alt-mode...MEH. I gotta be honest, I think I prefer the BC version and I don't like that figure as well with it's 'Urkel' proportions but it looks better than this 'Mr Potato head' proportioned figure.

It's such as shame, really, I heard the designer was a movie fan (season 3 characters) which I'm a fan of, my interest was piqued but after seeing this..it looks like another one bites the dust, another third party MP maker scratched off the list...more money saved.

The inevitable wait for TT's version continues.

12. Weezie

Weezie Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    To a certain extent, I like his wide upper chest. It reminds me of the classic V hero/bodybuilder shape, just like Hot Rod. It's also accurate to the G1 toy. He's not a skinny twink like Sunsurge (yeuch) :D  But I can understand people being put off by it.

13. rpetras

rpetras Well-Known Member

I still prefer Sunsurge for Sunstreaker, but I really want this one in red for my Diaclone shelf. It really captures the "toy" update of the figure very well IMO.

14. Legate

Legate RIP Kevin Conroy and Akira Toriyama

Jesus, and some people still wonder why Omni doesn't post anymore... smh.

15. leo7830

leo7830 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I really like Spinout! He is what I'm waiting for. I have had him ordered and paid for for a while now.

16. Deltacepticon

Deltacepticon Well-Known Member

I canceled my preorder after looking long and hard at that head placement. If you notice, the promo shots they've taken have pretty much all shown Spinout from a directly front perspective. I think it's really meant to hide how forward the head looks and how anatomically awkward that is.

But if some youtube reviews come out and it looks better from side angles and whatnot, I might pick it up then.

17. murphytronus

murphytronus Im not Shardimus

Yes because all he wanted was praise and could not handle any criticism or requests about his product to produce and more than promises and delays .. Just like the designer of Kronos who threw a big fit when he was criticized for Kronos and said he would never return here .. Some people aren't here to bash and hate just to point out things that they feel could have been different or better ... Though the hate between this and bad cube customers has been pretty thick in here

18. StrangePlanet

StrangePlanet G1

That's not how I remember it.

19. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

Kinda like MP Tracks... From the right angles Tracks looks great, but from the wrong angles, he's kinda crappy.

This guy, I dunno...he looks better than I thought he did of recent. I actually like that they seem to have shrunk him down slightly so he's probably the same height as other carbots instead of half a head taller.

20. banjoted

banjoted Timelord

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Personally I think that's maybe a good thing - a lot of reviewers, in my opinion at least, are a little too easily swayed by the wow of the new (and free). Having someone perhaps a little unfairly on the other end of the scale helps.