Omnigonix V-01 Spinout - MP Scaled Sunstreaker

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Jun 19, 2014.

1. Spence

Spence Well-Known Member

Honestly? Sounds more like troll bait....

and I am baited....wait......ah damn.

2. Bozo

Bozo Autobot Knight Corps

cutting back on sculpted vents and mods to kick-out a cheaper figure.
    Wake-the f--k up. This is masterpiece level, you f--l.

Why would I support this release if this is the companies mentality. You rolling with the little-boys/big boys in the 3P game. Crap like this will knock your company down fast (if you even get off the ground). Would have brought if original design had been implemented. But now...no way.

Heres 5 dollars for the money you saved, go make toys for ages 3+.

3. Coltello

Coltello Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Goodness, calm down. It's a damn toy.

4. Bozo

Bozo Autobot Knight Corps

Its a joke. But I bet the people who have put in a shit ton of effort in getting this streaker this far its not just a toy to them. wasted I tell ya...gimped half-ass job and you want people to buy it?...lol

5. Weezie

Weezie Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Edgy.

6. XIII

XIII TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    So, no one else has noticed that he's now about 10% smaller and his alt mode is ridiculously smaller next to MP sideswipe?

Over all, I really like the design. SO, much cleaner than BadCube. It's a shame that some sculpted details have been cut. Shouldn't be too difficult to mod the headlights and side vents back in but I shouldn't have to do that. It's the scale that I take issue with.

I was ok with him being about 1/2 head taller than SW. I'm not so much of a scale freak when it comes to the bot modes. If it's close, it's good. Alt modes are a different story. SS and SW are supposed to be a Lamborghini so they should be the same size. BadCube had no problem making a Lamborghini Countach. Why do these guys have a problem? Now that he's smaller, just for some crappy Sunbow height table that they never followed anyway, is a bit of a deal breaker.

I canceled mine. Gonna wait till I see some review videos. I'll reconsider then.

I'd like to see MakeToys take a stab at this character. I love where they are going with the remaster like.

7. Curium

Curium Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Someone complained about Omni coming on here and posting. Others posted rather angrily. No idea what effect that may have had.

8. NotTheFace

NotTheFace Lightning Strike

I'm pretty sure the smaller size has been noted several times. Definitely hoping to see some reviews soon, because I'm no longer sold on him either. Just some weird choices being made all around with this guy, and hopefully the delay is to fix at least some of them back to being closer to the original design.

9. XIII

XIII TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yes, weird choices.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not hating. I still like the design more than Badcube (which is also good). It's just that it was SO much better before the changes... It's probably too late to go back to the original scale but I hope they read this anyway.

10. toneroni

toneroni Well-Known Member

Agree, actually thinking of picking up Sunsurge now.
    Shame that Omni doesn't post here anymore due to the feedback..

11. duttry98

duttry98 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Skills, and thaaaaaaaaaaaaaangs!

12. Goaliebot

Goaliebot All Makes and Models

News Credits:
    I'm still in, as long as the quality is there. Might get the red SunSurge too.

13. mcart

mcart I'm not fat, it's Prime Armor

News Credits:
    Yup, I think that is the reason someone suggested that he may not be the companies best spokesperson, not that he isn't the best person to talk about it from a design perspective, but rather that since he is so close to the project that he takes the insults thrown around very much to heart. As indeed, any of us would do if the situation were reversed (go try telling any parent their kid is ugly and see how well they take it :) )

Sadly this comment was misinterpreted as an insult, and I really don't believe the person making the suggestion intended it that way, and thus just added to his ire. One of my own comments was also misread as an insult so the actual insults must cut deeper.

I am sure the reaction to the vents and simplified wheels didn't help much either!

I'm sure he'll be back again with some news soon and I hope that this product comes out great so he gets some positive feedback, gotta say, he shows a lot of talent and I'm hoping this doesn't turn out to be their only product.

14. toneroni

toneroni Well-Known Member

Yeah the talent was amazing in the design and transformation

15. Haydenite

Haydenite Ratchet Joints

Depending on the wall thickness, it's not too hard, just very time consuming to make both side looks the same.

But I would hope it's not too thick coz you could simply cut the shape out with a blade knife and then put a layer of plastic behind it to give the hole that indented look.
    But then you'd need to consider does it affect the transformation like would it end up rubbing against another part or just hinder the space for the wheels or arm to fit in, in either mode.

While I prefer SO vehicle rear end over SS, I'm one of those guys who cares very little about the side vent and am happy he's got a great solid looking robot mode as well.
    Still patiently waiting for this inevitable release :) 

16. Legate

Legate RIP Kevin Conroy and Akira Toriyama

Man, I feel for the designer.
    He really delivered with his original concept, and it seems like the people running the company are tweaking and adjusting and compromising Spinout damn near to death.

This should stand as an example to other 3P companies out there about leaving well enough alone and not trying to fix something that isn't broken.

17. ShanLan

ShanLan I is a WerWilf

Cutting the shape out looks totally do-able, the only possible problem is making sure you don't mess up the little hole where the door panel plugs into the side panel. But as long as that little bit isn't cut off/ cut into, and the styrene you fit behind the hole isn't too thick....yeah, pretty sure this will work. Cross your fingers, folks. :) 

18. Cracka J

Cracka J judas in my mind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    not to mention the dilly dallying really cost them against badcube's entry, considering even though some may not prefer it aesthetically, there's no denying it being a rock solid toy.

if these had come out around the same time? or even omni first? no way the reaction would be the same. but not only did they miss a time frame window, they also now are cutting details that the other entry has.

so yeah it does suck for the designer in this case when I do feel his original design and heart in this project was in the right place. it just should have been at retail a year ago.

19. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

Well, rock solid figure, anyhow. As a "toy" it kinda sucks because it's no fun to transform. I does look nice in both modes, though, and it's of good quality.

20. nacho

nacho Well-Known Member

With the reports of the 'surge canopy breaking off for no reason, I think it's tough to claim it's all that "solid". I don't care for the design, so I don't own the BC version, but even if I liked it, I'd be concerned.