Omnigonix V-01 Spinout - MP Scaled Sunstreaker

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Jun 19, 2014.

1. ShanLan

ShanLan I is a WerWilf

Still itching with anticipation for this guy...

The painted vent is a turn off, but not a complete deal breaker for me.

...*wonders how difficult it would be for me to slowly carve and dremel out side vents...probably not worth the risk, but damn, my ocd.....

Maybe somebody can mold replacement pieces with vents? haha

2. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If your not sure you have the know how to do it, you probably don't. Doing that smoothly enough where it looks right would be tough.

3. DesertDog

DesertDog Gone Fission’.

News Credits:
    In the Alberta Rockies on my Triumph Tiger 800XC
    Aah, you beat me to it! I was thinking exactly the same thing, and was just 5 seconds ago looking at the pics on the top of this thread, wondering if the material thickness was sufficient. If all they did was refrain from molding that shape in, it should be possible for a handy DIYer to carefully carve it out with a good set of hobby knives or Dremel. And a good solid plan. Once it's painted black it should look just fine.

At the very least I'd paint the proper sized and shaped vent in the right place. If the factory had done that much it wouldn't be such a glaring flaw. It by far overshadows the too-wide front tires for me. Luckily the worst thing about this figure is the one thing I can most easily fix. It's still nowhere near as annoying as Ultra Magnus' lack of waist articulation or Ironhide's hip kibble.

Assuming that if a Takara Sunstreaker is ever made, it will be more Toon than Toy based, I can definitely find room for both in my display. My budget, alas, is another matter entirely.

4. Yobuster

Yobuster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So we're into the middle of march now, any update on when's the next possible ship date?

5. KevinSig

KevinSig Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    The Chosen Prime's calander indicates a release date of 3/31. No idea if Omnigonix will stick to it or not.

6. Axelay

Axelay Well-Known Member

Even though the intakes aren't a dealbreaker for me, I confess that I have been wondering the same thing. I don't dare attempt it myself, though. My mod skills are lackluster, at best. But if someone figures out how to do a addon/upgrade kit, well... I'm listening.

7. NotTheFace

NotTheFace Lightning Strike

Still like to give them the benefit of the doubt, since we really haven't seen any in hand reviews of the production piece yet. Taking into account the amount of detail most third party companies put into their releases now a days to really make them stand out, the decision to downgrade the designer's work seems like an odd choice.
    It almost feels like a Hasbro vs Takara release, if that makes any sense. Hasbro gives us a Blast Off and Blades that are straight repaints of existing molds and says that's good enough. Then Takara tweaks those and we get something that actually resembles the originals.
    In the grand scheme of things, those decisions aren't a huge deal, but they are short cuts. If short cuts were taken there, where else could they have been taken? Really hoping this turns out great, but I can understand why people are canceling. I'm hoping that with the current release date just around the corner, that we start to see reviews soon, so we can put everyone's fears to rest.

8. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You didn't hear? It's been canceled... (again)

(kidding)

9. Zenstrive

Zenstrive Well-Known Member

Spinout's looking clean

10. Raiokonboi

Raiokonboi Active Member

BBTS has pushed their preorder out till April now.:( 

Last edited: Mar 19, 2016
  11. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel Hurts feelings being honest.

News Credits:
    ... Maybe the lack of proper side vents has them pushing everything back yet again to fix the issue.

12. Treadshot 2.0

Treadshot 2.0 Action Master

News Credits:
    I know it feels nitpicky, but when youre producing masterpiece level toys you cant cut corners like that. It makes tge figure not match the rest of the toyline. Like, thats the only mp car without molded lights... it looks weird.

So i hope in the future Omnigomix (the company) faithfully executes Omnigomix's (the designer) designs.

13. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    I think black thighs and maybe pelvis would help a lot.

14. ComputronX

ComputronX Till all are MP

Ebay:
    I heared the ko version will be released before the official figure

15. Hicks_Royel

News Credits:
    CloneDroid's already retooling the side panel vents and fenders to include proper detailing and make the entire figure more like the original prototype.

You know, I honestly went back and looked over the comparison photos with the BadCube figure... It's a damn shame that the factory [cause I guess that's who we're blaming at this point] went and got lazy 98.8% of the way to the finish line.

If I see another prototype with the necessary corrections to the design. I'd be willing to take another delay and re-preorder this figure.

16. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

The factory just does what the company that hired them says to do! ;) 

17. Hicks_Royel

News Credits:
    "But what can you do?"

18. GeeWunder

GeeWunder Well-Known Member

The vents are irritating, for sure, but the part that really pet peeves me are the wheels. They have the circles where there should be 'holes' in the wheels, but they're filled in like some cheap matchbox car wheels. I mean, MP Sideswipe has proper wheels, why can't this guy? Omni did the model right, production castrated the thing.

19. KevinSig

KevinSig Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    That isn't always true. I mean I doubt Cubex requested that the factory make a product that will flake off paint because the item wasn't properly cleaned. If the factory didn't include the cut vent, I could see Omnigonix having to accept paint as a comprimise.

I mean, unless the cut is a structural issue, I can only assume it isn't there because of factory error. And I wouldn't think such a cut would effect production price.

The only other reason might be that the factory Omnigonix worked with refused to do a faithful reproduction of a Countach. Which would mean they cared about liability from Lamborgini, but not Hasbro.

20. Psychoshi

Psychoshi Grammaton Cleric

The thought had also crossed my mind as well. If it looks too similar to the real Countach, then they can expect to receive a cease and desist order. Badcube purposely made the rear section of their Sunsurge vehicle mode to resemble how it looked in the cartoon, but it also conveniently alters their not-Countach to distance the car body design away from the real model.