Minor/Repaint: OMG you guys! Star Wars Titanmasters

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by greboguru, Sep 30, 2016.

1. greboguru

greboguru Psychedelic Brainchild

Back when it came out I bought the SWTF Saesee Tiin because I just love the Delta-7 Aethersprite (as long as it includes the hyperspace ring), plus I'm of the opinion that Saesee Tiin/Delta-7 is one of the few even halfway worthwhile SWTF toys.

Anyway! I removed the head back when I bought it, because I always intended to replace it with a better, more Cybertronian-looking noggin. Never got around to choosing a head. And now, we have Titans Return.... and DUDE! The Titanmasters are perfect for this toy (and probably several other SWTFs too). There's even a cockpit that can fit the Titanmaster as the pilot in vehicle mode. It's a tight fit, but with a minimum of modding it can work perfectly. Same for the neck hole for mounting the Titanmaster in head mode. The hole's even square! Just a tiny bit big. Working on adjusting that, but for now, dig the pics.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Mizzinno

Mizzinno Merc With A Mouthplate

News Credits:
    I just remembered the Vader/Tie Fighter mold has a hole where the head plugs in..

• Like Like x 1
  3. Stormvapor

Stormvapor Well-Known Member

Brilliant discovery mate!

• Like Like x 1
  4. denebian

denebian Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Vader only sort of works. His head hole is round, so titan masters wiggle around and fall out easily. I think a titan master with a helmet would look better than just a titan master by itself. Vader's head with helmet is about the same size as Galvatron with fakebusker's helmet, or Blaster with helmet, or PMOP, etc.
    2016-09-30 21.36.49.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  5. greboguru

The problem is that so many of the SWTFs are pretty crappy. :-/

Darth Maul ain't too bad. I wonder if a Titanmaster would fit in his cockpit?

6. Ellamin

Ellamin Freedom is the Right of ALL Sentient beings.

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    the delta 7 mold has ankle tilts fyi, and the other good molds are the twilight, the y-wings (both big and small), vader's tie (if modded so the cockpit doesn't make the head look like it's floating.) the freeco speeder (though, no room to fit a titan master.) and possibly, the snowspeeder (if shellformery)

yoda, maul, the square tank, death star, star destroyers (big and small) and walkers are ok too, but I don't think the eta-2, slave 1, xwing and grievous molds are worth it (grievous's fighter is possibly workable, but has the same sort of problem I've seen with the old classics silverbolt mold, the alt mode is a cape he hides under.)

just trying to help, because this is a great idea!

7. battery1979

battery1979 Combiner

No, I tried it, the Titan Masters are slightly too big and the cockpit doesn't close

8. greboguru

Good contributions in here, guys. I think the Palpatine/Shuttle mold isn't too terrible, when transformed the unnoffical way (see pic). Kinda stubby legs, but not too too terrible.

I'm a big fan of the Darth Vader Death Star (except for its lack of elbow rotation). I already modded mine to be a Headmaster, using Junkion Blacksmith's Soundblaster or Nemesis Prime. I attached a pic of that too.

Attached Files:

9. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy グーグル 翻訳は素晴らしいです!

News Credits:
    Toyworld made "Brainwave", their version of Brainstorm, which resembled a possible deviation of the X-Wing range of spacecraft. I thought it would look great repainted in Starwars colours!

10. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That Delta-7 is a rather nice looking mold... TBH, many of those Star Wars Transformers weren't that great... I can only think of a few molds worth having, and they were always marked up quite a bit. I've a Clone Commander Cody in a box somewhere, wonder who'd make a great TF to put in place of that head...

11. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

I liked this idea so much I had to try it myself. I have a bit of luck on my side in that my Ape Face headmaster--the small head/plug has a touch of flash that wasn't cleaned off, and it's just enough thickness to plug into the square hole leftover when you remove the neck. Won't be using apeface, but whatever I cobble together, I'll likely swap that small head over for sure.

One thing I wanted to add--if you take the body apart and remove the actual seat inside the cockpit, you have ample room for the headmaster. It's also a pretty nice fit. There are stick-out panels inside the cockpit that can help hold the figure in place. If you put him all the way down, it still fits nice, but there's a little slide-around room. Nothing that I found to be a problem, though. If anyone does this, give that a try as well!

Last edited: Oct 2, 2016
  12. greboguru

Good to know! I suspected something like this was probably the case, thanks for confirming it.

As soon as a mostly-orange Titanmaster comes out, he's got a spiffy new body waiting for him...

13. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

There's already one--Sentinel Prime! :D 

Yeah, I know what you mean: stand-alone. I did find out that the figure CAN sink further down to where you almost can't see him inside the cockpit, but the parts on the side of the cockpit can help pin him in place. I have a feeling that is going to vary from headmaster to headmaster. Hope whatever one you go with works out for you!