Omega Supreme's Head Design

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Pudglor Shmormuff, Jun 21, 2017.

1. Pudglor Shmormuff

Pudglor Shmormuff Well-Known Member

(Sips coffee and sinks back into his chair) Hello my TFW brothers and sisters- how are you today?

(Points to his Keurig) Feel free to make yourself a cup- I've got sugar, Truvia, creamer, milk, and even that disgusting powdered creamer (not gonna hold it against ya for liking that- knock yourself out). I've also got tea, orange juice, coconut water, sparkling water, and my faucet has a Brita filter attachment- so there's also clean and tasty tap water available- grab yourself a glass. ^_^

Make yourself comfortable, get yourself into a "no work, no family, no BS" state of mind- you can even include your pets, because it's always fun relaxing with your best furry pal, highly encouraged- and let's have ourselves a nice laid back chat. ^_^

The topic: Omega Supreme's head design.

I've always wondered why OS's head looked as though he was wearing a helmet. Even if his head is known to transform into a tank, I still don't understand why his face is always encased behind the orange visor.

I personally don't think transformers breathe or require air to function- so I don't understand why OS's face is always crammed behind that visor- it kind of makes him look goofy. It doesn't seem necessary.

Any idea why OS's face is always encased behind that visor?

• Like Like x 2
  2. darkus Maximus34

darkus Maximus34 One shall DIE,one shall FLY

the visor is he's face in animated

not sure about g1 tho

3. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

It's a nod to the toy design.

• Like Like x 1
  4. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

Who cares about the visor?The guy cried once....Thats even more wierd....:p 

• Like Like x 1
  5. Pudglor Shmormuff

I do- because I don't understand why a robot has to wear a helmet and have his face encased- that doesn't make much sense to me.

Plus, when you compare the size of his face- not his whole head, but just his face- compared to the rest of his body: It's disproportionate.

Because you've got this giant body and then that itty bitty face crammed behind that visor, and it looks weird.

6. pilot00

I was been sarcastic. The point been nothing in it made sense.

7. Pudglor Shmormuff

I want answers!! XD

• Like Like x 1
  8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    It's just part of what makes him Omega Supreme. Why does Optimus have a mouth plate? Why do several TFs have visors? As robots they shouldn't really need them, right?

I imagine it's just a protective Sheild to cover his face. Like you said his head doubles as a tank turret, so it's probably to keep it free of debris and shit.

Actually in TFA he still had a visor over a physical face. When Megatron or Starscream took over, a transparent image was projected onto it, but his face was still visible behind the projection.

• Like Like x 3
  9. ron8675309

ron8675309 Exploding Salamander Of Exploding Salamanders

Omega is both protectively vain and self-conscious about his tiny face, which makes him very attractive in Asia but funny-looking in North America. So he wears a helmet and uses the weird robot personality to try and distract people from his tiny yet painstakingly maintained face.

• Like Like x 2
  10. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

[​IMG]

I don't see Omega Supreme's face in there. Just looks like Megatron to me. Also you forgot the Lugnut controlled clones.

Anyway... I've always thought that his face was actually just a projection on a screen because of that reflective visor over his face. Also for some reason Animated Bumblebee's head also tends to remind me on Omega Supreme just because of how flat his face looks in that helmet compared to the other characters on the show.

Plus if you look at the original toy, there's nothing that covers the "face" in alt mode. The toy doesn't even have a face. I think maybe there are reprolables for him so you could give him a face but then you're going to be stuck with a visible face in alt mode. Also while looking it up to make sure there were actually reprolables I also found out there was an encore Omega Supreme with a different head mold from the original toy. The original version just had red paint where the face should be. It was a solid piece. The encore version actually did have a molded in face under a translucent visor which could be flipped up which seems odd considering that never happened in the cartoon... and the face still isn't accurate to the cartoon so why the remold?

Anyway... I would like to question why the designs thought it was a good idea to have a tank cannon sticking out of the back of his head. What the heck is he going to shoot with that? He can't see back there... or can he?

• Like Like x 1
  11. DJ kevintron

DJ kevintron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    He's a rocket and that's his spaceman helmet. All jokes aside i have two theories.

1. Omega Sentinels are kind of robot riot police. His helmet is a riot mask preventing chemical and biological attacks.

2. Data and maps are projected on the inside of the visor for live intel. The orange glass makes it so it can only be read on the inside.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Pudglor Shmormuff

Good theories!

13. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

So would that mean that Omega Supreme would be immune to things like the Hate Plague and Cosmic Rust?

14. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Dude's got a laser cannon for a ponytail, what's left to say?

• Like Like x 3
  15. pilot00

Ι would say no, even humans with completely sealed exo suits were infected. The only think that could contain the Plague was that alloy because....MacGuffin.

16. DJ kevintron

DJ kevintron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    In my opinion no. Hate plague was by touch and in my opinion transferred on a subatomic level.
    Cosmic Rust however I can't say. He is not in that episode but by the end the autobots have the ability to duplicate corrostop so past that point yes. Its possible that the reason there is no more ingredient X is because almost all of it was used on all the omega sentinels millions of years ago.

17. BT383

BT383 Malignus

News Credits:
    To disguise the fact that without it, his true face resembles a terrifying homunculus child-demon monstrosity. Like so:
    [​IMG]

18. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

But there aren't any other viruses in the G1 continuity that are known to effect transformers so if the helmet is meant to protect against viruses then it would be pretty useless.

Um... why is it that when I quote you I can see Omega Supreme's ugly face but in your actual post the only thing that shows up is a www.tfu.info logo?

19. Fretburn

Fretburn We need Instrument TFs

Why does Optimus Prime have a faceplate? Why does Megatron have a buckethead? Why does Ultra Magnus have two long antennae? Why does Ironhide have a mohawk?

Because those were the designs of the toys.

That's...really all there is.

20. greboguru

greboguru Psychedelic Brainchild

I like this thread, it's a very interesting subject to think about.

Perhaps the visor is to protect his tank-face from his arms-rocket exhaust when it lifts off?

• Like Like x 1