2D Artwork: Omega Supreme "Proof of Concept"

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by ^o^CORVUS^o^, May 20, 2014.

1. ^o^CORVUS^o^

^o^CORVUS^o^ You call on me to solve a crooked rhyme

Ebay:
    Hey all. Sorry for the super-long hiatus.

I won't go into details, but I've been dealing with a rather severe bout of depression for the past few months, and hid myself away from most everything online. Fortunately, the arrival of spring has helped shake me out of much of it.

Anyway, for the past couple of weeks I've been working on and off on a new Omega Supreme custom. Its different from the one I started about a year back and set aside. This one uses a junker Energon Unicron as the main body rather than an Energon Omega Supreme. When I have some more of the assembly done, I'll take pics and start a thread for it over in radicons.

I decided to start working through ideas for colors for the finished product. I ended up sketching out the body of the toy as it should look when assembled (some of the proportions are slightly off, although not by much). Using that sketch, I colored 4 different versions, and nailed down what I liked and didn't like as much. Here are the 4 working versions:

[​IMG]

That in mind, I scanned and cleaned up the original artwork and essentially re-drew the whole thing in PSP (because I'm a stickler like that), and from there I colored what should be the final color layout for the piece when its finished:

[​IMG]

Comments are welcome! Also, bonus points to those who can identify some of the component parts *lol* :D 

Attached Files:

2. maximus_primal

maximus_primal Autobot

Awesome!

3. Nuke

Nuke Well-Known Member

That is beautiful. I think I see Energon Blackouts legs on the cannon?

4. ^o^CORVUS^o^

^o^CORVUS^o^ You call on me to solve a crooked rhyme

Ebay:
    Thanks! And yes, you do indeed :)