Heavy/Scratch: OMARJT82’s CUSTOM DOTM VOYAGER SHOCKWAVE (WiP - Part 1)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by OmarJT82, Dec 18, 2012.

1. OmarJT82

OmarJT82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Fellow Radicons,

For this project, not only will the cannon my DOTM Voyager class Shockwave figure be placed in the middle on his alternate mode and rotate at any angle, but it will also have a “flying tank” mode similar to that of ROTF Megatron.

To start off giving him his “flying tank” mode, not only did I need to find wings that were large enough and that had a natural “Cybertronian” appearance, but also to figure out where and how to mount them on the figure itself so that they don’t hinder his transformation in anyway

The wings that met those expectations were from Cybertron Deluxe class Sideways.
    [​IMG]

After carefully examination of the figure, the only place where the wings could be place was on the outer sides of his robot mode feet. Of course, I had to remove the C joint rung and smooth down the area further.
    [​IMG]

The prototype mechanism that connects the wings to the figure is made of the following LEGO parts:

1 cut-offed 1 x 4 White Antenna:
    [​IMG]

1 Black Technic Perpendicular Axle and Pin Connector:
    [​IMG]

1 Black Technic 2 Notched Axle:
    [​IMG]

1 Black Technic Perpendicular Axle and Pin Connector:
    [​IMG]

1 Black Round 1 x 1 Straight Side Plate:
    [​IMG]

The pics below show how the left wing from Cybertron Deluxe class Sideways is mounted on the left leg of my DOTM Voyager class Shockwave figure via the prototype mechanism.

IN ALTERNATE MODE:
    The prototype mechanism allows the wing to be positioned at the front side, giving his alternate mode a more menacing look.
    [​IMG]

IN "FLYING TANK" MODE:
    The “axle” hole of the 2nd Black Technic Perpendicular Axle and Pin Connector was widened in order for the horizontal peg of the wing to fit in. Once I drill in a hole at that peg and place a screw at the opposite end, the wing will be able to rotate without the risk of falling out of the mechanism.
    [​IMG]

IN ROBOT MODE:
    The LEGO mechanism allows the wings to fold almost against the left leg.
    [​IMG]

For now, the wing and its LEGO mechanism are held in place by a small narrow rivet.
    [​IMG]

Has for the cut-offed 1 x 4 White Antenna and Black Technic Perpendicular Axle and Pin Connector parts of the mechanism, they will be replaced by ones in Dark Bluish Gray.

But what I need to hold the LEGO mechanism at the outer sides of his robot mode feet is a washer-head screw that is not only long enough to hold the mechanism and his robot mode feet, but also is “spiraled” at the end while smooth in the middle (as drawn in red).
    [​IMG]

I considered these screws as possible choices:

Long Case Replacement Screws from Microsoft XBOX 360
    [​IMG]

Long Screws from Nikon Speedlight SB-600
    [​IMG]

Are there any other washer-head screws like I described before that might fit? :confused: 

Attached Files:

2. Jazz210

Jazz210 Est.2011

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have no clue on the screws, I do look forward to seeing this completed.