Older figures you prefer

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by ObakaChanTachi, Jun 16, 2021.

1. Insecticon

Insecticon Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    T30 Springer is definitely a favorite of mine.
    Plus T30 Roadbuster.
    I prefer MP10 over other MP Optimus/Optimiii over simplicity and availability, plus durability.
    Leader Class Movie Ironhide
    Leader Class Movie Sentinel Prime

2. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    Although, to be fair, the CHUG one set the bar really high.

• Like Like x 1
  3. gibdozer

gibdozer Censored

Funny I love the Kingdom one and was never impressed with the CHUG version. He always seemed like such a step backwards in articulation. Good looking figure but I never found him to be a particularly good toy.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Nekoman

Nekoman Well-Known Member

The Kingdom one has a nicer tank mode, by a bit, but everything else seems much poorer on it. CHUG has more detail and color in robot mode, had a fun transformation, and none of the horrid partsforming that Hasbro's recently become addicted to. Of course, you might be right about the articulation. I don't value that element so much, so I don't really notice it on the CHUG figure.

Just thought of another one: Beast Wars Reborn/10th Anniversary Megatron. I really like the look of the new Kingdom one, but the potential for it to degrade over time makes me happy to stay with the older one. Plus, it still scales well enough with the other new Kingdom figures.

• Like Like x 2
  5. gibdozer

gibdozer Censored

Its so weird how preference goes. The only thing I really like better about the Generations one is the alt mode lol. I dont mind the parts forming piece too much because it doubles as a knuckle duster in bot mode. Articulation is pretty much #1 for me with transformation a close 2nd.

I'm not a BW fan, but I have that Megatron and I do think it's a fun toy. I won't be getting the Kingdom BW stuff, but if they start doing some UT figures in the next waves I'll be in on those.

6. MrJazzyDrifter12

MrJazzyDrifter12 CHUG Enjoyer

Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Honestly Most of “Old Chug” I much prefer more. such as:
    Universe Datsuns: I feel like the new molds are too small and much prefer the size and updated look. Only thing I can say is better about the Siege/Earthrise is that of the introduction of Barricade and the changes made to the mold for Smokescreen.

Universe Lambos: Again while the articulation is great,a MASSIVE problem is that of the lack of a spoiler on Siege and Earthrise. Increase the size and add a spoiler and it would be perfect.

Universe Inferno/RTS Grapple : The New mold is WAY too small, and as a fire truck or a crane, they should be much larger than other car bots, Also while being more cartoon accurate, it looks IMO awful, with a extremely lazy and boring transformation. Only positive about it is with Inferno and giving him a ladder

RTS Jazz:This mold is amazing and honestly it can never be replaced. I dig the door wings and the over all “cool-ness” this figure gives off. SS86 Jazz doesn’t come close

Thrilling 30ths Rattrap: I like the size of Kingdom Rattrap in just beast mode,besides that I feel like he’s too small and doesn’t have the amount of play ability of the Thrilling 30th’s, with the wrist Bombs and the Splitting gun,he’s just way more fun. And his beast mode has an opening mouth and leg articulation, which pushes him to be thousands of times better IMO

Thrilling 30ths Rhinox: Dispute his floppy legs,he’s got better paint, a better mold, and over all looks a lot more like Rhinox then his Kingdom release. Also his Chain guns have spinning blades (an instant win)

RTS Tracks/ Generations Wheeljack: the new Wheeljack mold has a few problems,The off white used is awful along with the green and red being bleached and off. With the Generations Wheeljack the colors pop and you receive his shoulder cannon and a pair of Wrenches. Not to mention his Hands are masterfully made to have more of character.
    Now for Tracks, he might be a bit more bulky but over all he he still wins over the kingdom due to his wings actually being wings and not just flaps on the back of his shoulders. And his flying car mode is better IMO

Thrilling 30ths Springer:One of the best triple changers ever released,he looks thousands of times better than that sorry excuse of Siege figure.

This was really fun,I’ll have to post here again lmao

• Like Like x 1
  7. terry981

terry981 Well-Known Member

Legends Kup/Blurr: The bodies are better on the 86 but the faces are such a turn off. LG Kup/Blurr are sufficient enough for my 86 cast.

8. Bustermaster

Bustermaster GREAT - ROBOT - BASED

News Credits:
    T30 skids mold for crosscut. He’s my favorite bot.

9. gambitprime

gambitprime Well-Known Member

MP-10 > MP-44

• Like Like x 4
  10. Swoop Dogg

Swoop Dogg Hi Yukio!

News Credits:
    I actually prefer the all of the original Beast Wars figures to the Kingdom ones with the exception of Blackarachnia.

• Like Like x 1
  11. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    I prefer Classics and UW Wheeljack over ER Wheeljack.

12. DarkAxalonSyde

DarkAxalonSyde Excessively Angry Decepticon

Oh yeah, Animated Blurr is a really good looking figure. Animated's exaggerated, skinny design fits perfectly with the G1 version of the character (and Animated one, of course). Plus, I love the weird, sci-fi techno look of the wheel feet. One of the best realizations of a Transtech design in an actually released toy line.

• Like Like x 1
  13. DecepticusPrime

DecepticusPrime "Essential" Personnel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    T30 waspinator is better than kingdom waspy

• Like Like x 1
  14. sikkusushotto

sikkusushotto Well-Known Member

Exactly this. I'd go even further to say that holds for the masterpieces as well. BW2 Lio Convoy is better (more fun, better lion mode) than MP-48, BW Optimus Primal is more fun than MP-32 (though I do acknowledge how very show accurate it is).

• Like Like x 1
  15. Tryptizilla

Tryptizilla Well-Known Member

YouTube (Legacy):
    Cybertron Leader Optimus Prime is sooo much better than the Siege figure and it’s lame excuse for an alternate mode. It just looks so bad with the fake wheels and also the cab looks pretty bad. Cybertron Optimus is one of the best of the Unicron trilogy and one of the best Optimus figures ever.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Destructimis Prime

Destructimis Prime We have Landed

News Credits:
    Takara POTP Bumblebee is still my favorite. I know the new earth rise is more traditional but I’m more than happy with this guy and have no desire to pick up the new one. BFFC8A03-D323-429D-AE6A-AB846C573E3E.jpeg 4ED14BD7-D7C2-48E2-B4EF-6F274C83D23E.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  17. sharkzie

sharkzie Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In my opinion, I prefer the Siege release of Ironhide over the recent Earthrise Ironhide release.

18. Girl Pants

Girl Pants Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This doesn't happen a ton for me as I'm usually after a lot of the less-common stuff that rarely gets a redo within 10 years of itself. And if a new version comes up, I might get one of the redecos and avoid the question of "replacing" someone. Likewise, I consider IDW Springer, Trailcutter, etc distinctive enough characters/designs to warrant having them and Siege/ER Springer and Trailbreaker.

I think the only one that's really hit me in recent times is Kingdom Rhinox. From all indications I think I'll be perfectly fine with my T30 one, even with its lower body joint issues. Hey, if one of the KD guys had to be a bit of a dud (imo), I'm glad it's one where I had an alternative.

19. PurpleStuf

PurpleStuf Pastor of Muppets

News Credits:
    I think that G1 Ravage has never been topped by any more modern release that I've owned, and that includes the MP. I've never owned the Ravage that came with Universe Hound though, so my mind could be changed.

20. M Alex

M Alex Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    T30 was a brilliant line. Its version of Chromia, Arcee, Windblade are definitive for me. T30 Springer is also a gem, as is Waspinator.
    Generations Warpath is the definitive version of this character for me. I also have a soft spot for Generations Kup and although it has some room for improvement, I don't think there has been a better version of this character done so far. However, if you want controversy, I'll give you controversy: Generations Blitzwing, barring that shoulder thing that can be corrected, is a great figure. At least IMO.

I also prefer MP-21 to MP-45.

Edit: corrected MP no. for the old ver. of Bumblebee

Last edited: Jun 27, 2021
    • Like Like x 1