OK Mr. Bay, Fix Soundwave's Voice for the DVD

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Shin-Gouki, Jun 24, 2009.

1. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I prefered it this way, TBH. The voice still sounded menacing, it was still clearly Soundwave and Welker gave a great performance. On top of that, Soundwave was unstandable and I can't see that happening if the vocoder was used, since it seems modern uses of that technique overdo it and make the voice incomprehensible (ie - Animated Soundwave).

2. Infinitecron

Infinitecron U Lock it Up!

"Im gonna get you Gadget" hahaha I mean Optimus.... It was No Doubt Mr Claw. They could have at least met in the middle with a voice that is 1/2 claw and 1/2 monotone....

3. Mumps

Mumps <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

I thought the voice was perfect. So what they didn't use 80's vocoder, which is at times difficult to understand. Welker did the SAME voice he always did for Soundwave.

I absolutely loved it. Some of you need to quit with your "MY OPINION IS THE ONLY OPINION!" attitude. Yeah, I understand you hate it. You are allowed to say you hate it, but yeesh some of you take it to a whole new level of childishness. Oh wait, it's the internet, we aren't allowed to be mature, dur!

4. Razorwing

Razorwing The Fallen Alternity.

News Credits:
    the voice was good, but I was expecting something more metallic. If they had that same voice, then put some metallic detail into it, it would've been alot better.

5. Coolyfett

Coolyfett Well-Known Member

Holy cow!! i never realized this thread existed. Only certain groups of people know who Dr. Claw is and it ain't these damn pokemon fans that love Bayformers. Good post mate. sorry for the double, carry on.

6. Coolyfett

Pokemon comes on at pm

7. Bilbo Boxhead

Bilbo Boxhead Geewunners GTFO

This is a pointless thread

8. Coolyfett

Why did you reply?

9. OptimusPrim3

OptimusPrim3 Active Member

To let himself know that it just is.

10. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Rebuilding Veteran

News Credits:
    Originally: Huntington Beach, CA, Now: Tempe, AZ
    Point

Just not going to go there.

11. hyabusha

hyabusha Well-Known Member

I agree, bring back G1 Soundwave voice for the Blu-ray please.

12. billmoo

billmoo aka zynordar TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Nitpick nitpick nitpick. I don't even know who Dr. Claw is and I thought the voice work for Movie Soundwave by Welker was impressive. The people that would call out Movie Soundwave's voice are the same people that would call out Movie Optimus not being a flat-nosed truck. Do Cybertron and Animated Soundwave have vocoded voices? (I actually don't know; haven't watched either of these series in their entirety. Maybe someone can answer this.)

Point is, try to accept something new. G1 Soundwave is not Movie Soundwave, and vice versa.

In before someone calls me a fake fan.

13. jadtdt

jadtdt Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Animated Soundwave did. Cybertron Soundwave apparently did too, but he also talked like a hiphop DJ.

14. moocow

moocow God.

There was nothing wrong with Soundwave's voice...

15. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran

News Credits:
    Yes... Yes he did.

*cringe*

16. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Droppin' Space Colonies

Actually, Movie Soundwave's/Dr. Claw's voice IS G1 Soundwave's voice, the only difference being that G1 Soundwave's voice was run through a vocoder. Just a fun fact no one seems to get.

Other than that, I'm with you all the way on the "Accept something new" part. I originaly didn't like Welker not doing Megs on the big screen, but after playing the DS games (which Welker did do Megatron), I personaly think it wouldn't have fit (no offense meant to Mr. Welker). Welker's Megatron is kinda raspy, and for either version of Movie Megs would have seemed laughably unfitting, while the one used for Movie Megs is downright "scare the hell out of you" fitting for him.

17. Coolyfett

I agree, but it would have been nice if it was in the movie, instead of Dr Claw

"Ill get you next gadget! Next time!"

Then the cat goes "yeeeoo"

18. BMGFX

BMGFX Awesome Spooner Veteran

I thought the voice fit perfectly, and it made Soundwave sound a lot more evil and menacing. It really fit the whole "pulling the strings from above/orchestrator" vibe that he was responsible for. If he had the vocoding, I don't think I would have taken him as seriously.

I'm sure you could go into a whole rant about how only low frequency sound resonated through his metal body in space giving you only the bassy sound of the voice, and had he been in an atmosphere perhaps you would hear the higher (vocoder) frequency sound, but I don't think the would even need that kind of explanation.

Fortunately, most of Soundwave's were delivered in pretty much silence so someone can probably add the effect themselves (I'm thinking of doing it when the DVD comes out).

19. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    Soundwave seemed ok to me, and I don't think anything was 'missed' out like Shin Gouki believes.

20. mentat_emre

mentat_emre Well-Known Member

maybe in the third movie something happens to soundwave and they use the vocoder voice.