Ohio Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by cryotek, Jan 3, 2003.

1. Sig

Sig grease stain

While I ran out of time last friday, thanks op42 I would have gone to tricounty and not bridewaterfalls having no idea they were opening a new one

Kenwood tru (@3pm): Nothing as far as any of the current transformers wants expressed currently
    A single ally viper there for the army building nutjobs who haven't one for every combination of accessories yet.
    Starwars B1G1-50% (this is good news for the morons like me who threw absentmindedly through away the packaging and now have to start over collecting upcs for the mail away boba fett, the downside is how crappy the selection left is.)
    A new nerf gun due in September that you can 'reserve' one and get a $5 gift card at the end.
    A carton of volume 2 lego minifigures (I didn't see anyone to punch in the dick other than a your hotwheels collector, but I do imagine it may only be a matter of time) The carton was ruffled though full. Attached is a barcode sheet from /toy/ and I can't verify it's accurate because vampires and mexicans don't fit into my collection of robots and soldiers . . . (though I'd be willing to buy some to trade away for a volume 1 cheerleader and robot, I'll avoid the lackluster volume 2)

Hunt road k-mart(@4pm): 4 jodo kast, a pile of clone troopers, and 2 HA barricades

ps: if the hotwheels collector is reading this - you're fine and seemed like a pretty good guy, but scalpers suck

Attached Files:

2. optimusprime42

optimusprime42 Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    well sky i'm just about on fumes on my car

3. DeeJay

DeeJay Bluestreak Brony

News Credits:
    Whoa. Dudes. I believe this is a First Sighting.

I just bought 2 HFD Scout Insecticon at Kroger near me (Fairfield, OH).

Pics:
    [​IMG]

Back of package

Close-up of back

4. Swoop Dogg

Swoop Dogg Hi Yukio!

News Credits:
    Nice work! What other scouts are in this wave? Anybody know?

On a different note - I'm glad they had your pull-ups in stock! :D 

5. Sig

Sig grease stain

Nice find!
    First thing I noticed: The insecticons!
    Second thing: the pullup girls . . .
    Third thing: $9.99

at the moment he's listed only under [Scout Wave 2] and [Scout Wave 2 - Revision 1] for august
    Wave 2: 3 insecticons and 3 breechers
    Revision 1: 2 insecticons and 2 breechers
    Wave 3 (hits October): both will still be in wave 3 (1 insec,2 breecher) but wewill have sunspot!

Attached Files:

6. DeltaEcho

DeltaEcho The Last Gunslinger

News Credits:
    Not much of a sighting, and not nearly as exciting as Insecticon, but I finally got around to picking up the TRU reissue Perceptor and was really surprised to hear it rang up to $24.99, $10 cheaper then I was expecting. Is this something other people have seen or am I just really late to the party?

7. MarkMilton

MarkMilton Well-Known Member

Breezed through Kenwood TRU and Redbank Wal-Mart.... nothing of real note.

...except the 9th Alley Viper to my collection from TRU!!!!!

yeah, that's right, i'm a plague on the house of Joe collectors.

oh, and a small story from Saturday: i got a 20% off coupon for TRU so went to Eastgate after work to finally get my first HISS tank. what do i see when i arrive? absolute crap!

they had no Joes or Transformers worth a damn!!!

i mean, nothing!

for GI Joe they had two hooks full of Arctic Threat Shipwrecks and Docs, a couple PoC figures no one is buying (Duke, Snakeyes) and the two Alpha Vehicles nobody wants either. they had not Snowcat, no HISS tank, nothing!!!

i ended up buying Huffer so my Rallybots would have <i>something</i> to combine with that doesn't suck... but man i was pissed.

8. Skyclaw

Skyclaw 6 Types of Madness!

Congrats man!! you did get it cheaper, when i bought mine it was $34.99 and i wish i would had waited on him now. Oh well, he was impulse buy anyway...

9. Skyclaw

OP42 im praying for ya man!!! I hope you get HA Barricade

10. optimusprime42

optimusprime42 Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    thanks sky

11. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    I would say late to the party.

So..I am guessing they aren't as rare as everyone was saying? Because I saw 3 the one day...

12. Skyclaw

I havent seen any Alley Vipers in the dayton area, but plenty of the Cobra HISS tanks and MECH Walkers...

13. Gligamesh51

Gligamesh51 @ThatGuyNeedaHam

News Credits:
    YES! THEY ARE THAT RARE!

I've only found two! TWO! The other 2 that I have were found by my friends!

I have no friggin clue how Marky Mark was able to get 9 Alley vipers unless he just is a gi joe hunting virus that bonded to Kenwood TRU!

Truthfully, the Alley viper is really just highly sought after. The PoC Firefly seems to be the rarer figure to me.

14. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    Ah, so you're saying I shouldn't of left all 3 of them on the peg and walked away?

15. Sig

Sig grease stain

Na, you're fine. they come in a case of twelve figures, but just like Cobra commander, Firefly, and Snowjob there is only one of each in that case. The only difference is he's a generic character as opposed to a named character and will be eventually bought by army builders (thought he does come with enough gear to warrant multiple copies or for 3 very distinct appearances). Buy him if you don't have him and fancy the awesomeness of the new joes, but he isn't 'rare' or 'worth' more than any others. When I had the motivation to spend the day hunting I passed on more than 3 (infact I have a pic of Marks viper just a few posts above)

Wave 2 has been spotted in the US but not around here yet, Recondo will be the figure to buy if you find him, but while the Jungle viper will be 2 to a case-buy that beautiful piece of molded plastic man!

Attached Files:

• eew2.jpg
      eew2.jpg
      File size:
      42.7 KB
      Views:
  16. Gligamesh51

Gligamesh51 @ThatGuyNeedaHam

News Credits:
    Sig...do you know how bonkers I'm going to go for the Jungle Vipers? Bonkers, big time. Lots of wasted hunting gas. But wow, do I love the Jungle Viper! I want like 20 of them, all around my house, watching everything and everyone....

17. Skyclaw

I would have to agree with Glig about this one, first off i dont go out of my way to find the new Joe stuff, but if i come across it, then ill pick some of it up. Mostly into Transformers for now, anyway, i would have to say Alley Viper is the most rarest up this way, cause the local Target near me had 3 to 4 Firefly's on the peg over the weekend.

18. all are dead

all are dead Being a nerd is my game.

News Credits:
    Stopped at two Toys R Us Express' yesterday, the one in Tri-County Mall and the one in Bridgewater Falls, the one in Bridgewater had the most (tons of soundwave/wheelie's wave of ROTF Legnds and HFTD Legends, a few Generations and a lot of HFTD Deluxes and both had HA Barricade, Tri-County had more ROTF then anything. Neither was too great. The one in Tri-County had all tf's on 33% off. No such sign in Bridgewater. Picked up a Jetblade and a Sea Attack Ravage in Tri-County for bout 8 bucks each.

~AAD

19. Sig

Sig grease stain

I do not work on either Tuesdays or Thursdays, so by either good fortune or the byproduct of a really crappy part time job I'm able to stroll in around 11 or so and still find decent toys on the shelf or being put up. (Once UC starts again I'll be back to not finding on the shelves till 4 months and 28 days after it's release date *cough*arcee/hulkbuaster*cough*)

Anyway here's kenwood tru for today
    (huge pile of preceptor @ 25 as delta reported)
    (they had both gijoe mechs, but I missed the green one for the pic)

Also grats to dj for making both front pages on his find!

Attached Files:

20. avenged9

avenged9 DecepticonAvenger

Ebay:
    In Columbus the TRU on Hamilton Rd. has 5 MP Grimlocks as of 4:30 this afternoon. :rock  Still no HFTD Optimus Prime in the voyager class to be seen yet. :( 

Last edited: Aug 25, 2010