Ohio Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by cryotek, Jan 3, 2003.

1. CringeMcCringle

CringeMcCringle The King of Target

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Exactlyyyyyy

• Like Like x 2
  2. Griffin

Griffin Well-Known Member

Has anyone seen a skullgrin in Columbus, still looking.

3. Pencilerobo

Pencilerobo Well-Known Member

I have to wonder if some sleeper cell scalper is using this location to return items? It seems pretty implausible that something that old would be hanging around a Target. Even when I worked at a Target with five store rooms (Shipping / Receiving / Bulk Storage, 1st floor main storage, 1st floor softlines, 2nd floor main storage, 2nd floor electronics. They were diligent about inventory control, plus you had cheapskates like me scanning items on a whim while pulling drops. So every so often you would find something odd like an iPod in a bin, scan it and it was marked way down - check with my co-worker to find they had it stowed back there until they could snag it after shift.

Best I managed was the 20th Anniversary Optimus Prime I found in those red/green overflow / return boxes for processing. I forget how much it retailed for, I want to say the $49.99 range? Correct me if I'm wrong here. I was in a bad way financially back then (not that it's much better today), and just had to watch the Alternators pass me bye as I couldn't afford them; but I found that Prime marked down to $19.99 and made damn sure to snag it when I punched out.

Sorry if this is too inside baseball. These were rare instances, again Target when I worked there was pretty firm with not permitting staff to withhold product from the sales floor, and you would be in a world of hurt if you did. Which for most people working the job wasn't worth losing steady employment. Even with five stock rooms, unless it was a big shopping season most product got pushed to the floor.

• Like Like x 3
  4. anikenvader

anikenvader Hero for hire

News Credits:
    My partner just found me one at Graceland Target sometime last week. Still have the Crankcase. I'll keep an eye out for ya around town! Speaking of Graceland it looks like I missed another Twitch, they've got a lone Earthspark Megatron.

5. CringeMcCringle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Handle):
    If anybody wants me to pick it up for them, my store has Red Cog and Dinobot for $10 and Terrorsaur for $8

• Like Like x 3
  6. Pencilerobo

Nothing new at Brecksville / Rockside Walgreens. In fact it would appear I may have been the only person to take a Red Alert off their hands. Christmas stock has been consolidated to one cardboard display. The toy aisle overflow is on clearance, and I saw some boxes packed and market for distribution center; so I'm guessing Walgreens sends their stuff out to be sold to Marc's or Ollies?

Speaking of, does anybody work at Meijer? I just noted a curious clearance. In the lead up to Christmas, some shelf warmers I had an eye on vanished. I assumed they had been sold off. Then after Christmas I went back and a staffer was putting up clearance toys, and the High Evolutionary figures I had my eye on were there. Does Meijer have a more relaxed, or cluster approach to marking down inventory? Either pull it off the floor for big sales seasons, they push it back to the floor when the seasonal items have cleared, or something else?

Just curious as it was odd seeing a figure re-appear after a month; but I appreciate it and High Evolutionary is running experiments in my basement now. :p 

7. happy

happy Taxation is Theft.

Is it all Walmarts or just the ones near me? Every Walmart within 30 minutes of where I live only has Legacy wave 1 deluxes on the pegs and it is all they have ever had (excluding exclusives). That means it has been almost a year since the Legacy series launched and wave 4 is about to hit and all Walmart has ever had is wave one.

Not a sighting but it is tiresome because the nearest Target to me is almost an hour drive.

8. CringeMcCringle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Handle):
    All the ones near me have had the same problem, I can only assume it's because Walmart refuses to put them on any sort sale.

9. Talib1980

Talib1980 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I have a feeling Walmart loaded up with their exclusives and said F the other waves.

10. atomD21

atomD21 Not made of sterner stuff...

Oh no, it's every Walmart. I recently went down to Florida and it was the same situation there. They have either really screwed up with Legacy, or Distribution is still really wonky and they never really got any other waves since they had two exclusive sublines running at the same time.

11. CringeMcCringle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Agreed, I’m sure having R.E.D, Reissue Beast Wars, Velocitron and the Legacy Beasts all on the shelf at the same time as Legacy really made a bad situation for them. That just seems like way too much product on the shelf

• Like Like x 1
  12. Tyson Krebs

Tyson Krebs Well-Known Member

Wadsworth Bullseye has 1 SS44 remaining

• Like Like x 1
  13. St3phen28

St3phen28 Active Member

2 Reg Cogs at Target in Streetsboro for $10 clearance

14. Robotopossum

Robotopossum Well-Known Member

Looks like my Tarn is shipping from Hasbro soon. He's still available there if interested.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Barbarossa Prime

Barbarossa Prime Red Beard; Silver Linings TFW2005 Supporter

West Chester Target has a Buzzworthy Creatures Collide 4 pack for 22.19 on clearance

16. BlueAngel_Bolt

BlueAngel_Bolt I'M REALLY FEELING IT

News Credits:
    Found a lone NEST Bonecrusher at Chapel Hill Target. Came home with me
    They also had a few Earthspark figures. 3 Bee's, and a Skywarp and Elita 1

17. Galaxius84

Galaxius84 Cyber key powered collector

News Credits:
    Newport Target in NKY
    0AF123D6-38FE-401E-865E-1C1C2C2223CA.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  18. Gligamesh51

Gligamesh51 @ThatGuyNeedaHam

News Credits:
  19. waflhaus91

waflhaus91 Co-wisest person at TFW, as proclaimed by barry.

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Tumblr:
    This was Heath Target today.
    Fm7luK4WAAUr7YM.jpg

20. Pencilerobo

These are both on my "impulse purchase" list, not having much attachment or familiarity with the characters; but they're kinda neat. Unfortunately I got socked with an unexpected car repair, and since it put me out of work for a day, I had the mechanic take care of the issues I was putting off because it would require scheduling around work. $499 down the drain.

Then tomorrow I'm going to be another $300 out of pocket due to good genes and that pesky need to - see things.

Can we just get here already?

• Like Like x 1