Ohio Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by cryotek, Jan 3, 2003.

1. all are dead

all are dead Being a nerd is my game.

News Credits:
    Both Hamilton (Main Street) and Colerain (275) Walmarts got restocks of Wave 2 Headmasters in the last few days. Saw about every wave 2 figure between the 2 stores last night.

Good for anyone who missed out! I figured this was coming because walmarts new planogram still had the headmasters on it.

The photo below was at Hamilton, which also had 2 Rodimus.

Still haven't seen a single store in Cincy get the Wreck-Gar/Thrust wave yet... Just disappointment and sadness line that section of the shelves.

The Toy Department posted about a bunch of TF's they got in a few days ago and Wreck-Gar was on there... for 45 bucks.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Gligamesh51

Gligamesh51 @ThatGuyNeedaHam

News Credits:
    Yup. That, and Galvy and a few other new ones like Kingdom Red Alert I want, but no for those stupid prices.

Guess I'll just just keep seeing the empty pegs and shelves for a while. Blue Ash Target seemly hates TFs right now.

• Like Like x 1
  3. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    &

Honestly? I'd pay the $45.00. Why?

-Gas
    -Time (which is irreplaceable)
    -Safety
    -Guaranteed to get
    -FOMO (which is sadly real, now, due to current world events)

You'll spend far more having it shipped from CMDStore or The Chosen Prime or Toy Dojo, plus you have to wait. Or you can pay the $45.00 (which isn't a terrible markup all things considered) and have it now. So it's a little less pocket money in the here and now, but it's peace of mind, and you have it right now. Sometimes that's worth the extra.

• Like Like x 1
  4. all are dead

News Credits:
    Would I consider the 45 if I didnt have it preordered on amazon? Maybe. But I know that a LOT of the issues with stock rn are due to the shipping issues. Wreck-Gar is also being repacked in the next SS86 case with the sweep. So ill get wreck-gar at MSRP one way or another.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Swoop Dogg

Swoop Dogg Hi Yukio!

News Credits:
    I’ve been going back and forth about picking that Wreckgar up. I just assumed it would be gone by now.

6. Swoop Dogg

Swoop Dogg Hi Yukio!

News Credits:
    The other thing in regards to that Wreckgar at the Toy Department - I doubt someone bought that Wreckgar and then sold it to the Toy Department. So does the Toy Department have an account with Hasbro or did they find one off of the local shelves and are trying to scalp it? If they are buying things off of local shelves to scalp, I don’t want to buy it from them because I don’t want to encourage them to keep doing it. That sucks IF they are doing that.

• Like Like x 1
  7. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can't speak for them, but there are local stores in my area (Youngstown) that price in the same manner. It's 50/50. They go around and buy stuff up as well as have a Hasbro account. (Some can't get one or go through Entertainment Earth.) Problem is, in most cases, you can't get free shipping as a vendor/retailer, so you're having to either eat the cost or pass the buck. So, The Toy Department could've done either one. I'd imagine they'd have two Thrust along with him if they bought the case. That's the telling sign, right now. If they bought a case, then they obtained it legit. If it's just him, chances are they're flipping.

AFAIK, there are no solid cases of Wreck-Gar available right now, only assorted.

• Like Like x 1
  8. all are dead

News Credits:
    Online retailers get solid cases. There are solid cases of Thrust on ebay right now. I dont have the answer either, but I was thinking of the same thing this morning too. They very much do have extras in the back and put them out when stuff sells. I got a sealed Thrilling 30 Tankor there awhile back to only see another one on the shelf a week or two later when I went back.

Either way, a lot of places havent gotten wreck gar at all yet, so ima take my chances to not pay 45 bucks.

• Like Like x 1
  9. PurpleStuf

PurpleStuf Pastor of Muppets

This is purely anecdotal, but I was in the Toy Dept. on a Saturday afternoon a few months ago and a guy came in with a bunch of stuff that was currently available at retail. He seemed super familiar and friendly with the guys working the counter and was kind of bragging about the haul he found. I didn't recognize him as a regular employee, but I could be wrong. I thought at the time how weird their interaction was, as it looked to me like the guy was hunting local stores for product and bringing it in to immediately sell. I've both seen and been part of transactions with the staff where a customer sells toys to the store, and I've never seen them offer more than 30 to 40% of the retail value for current stuff. That guy would have lost his ass if he used his own money to pay MSRP and then sold it to the Toy Dept. at a loss. As much as I love going to the Toy Dept., it sure looked to me like they were having locals headhunt stores and bring in newer product to sell which felt a bit crass to me. If anyone has more information or another take, I'd love to be proven wrong on this one.

• Like Like x 3
  10. all are dead

News Credits:
    I mean, that would explain why they got a boat load of sealed wave 1/2 headmasters overnight.

• Like Like x 1
  11. superiorsoundwave

superiorsoundwave Well-Known Member

I go to the toy department every few weeks (it’s a bit of a drive from Kentucky) and they’re usually really cool about older stuff, but I never buy anything newer than siege if I can help it. I’d rather wait and pay MSRP or just never get a figure than buy something that was probably scalped for them. I was in there forever ago (I think before the pandemic) and there was a guy talking about how he went to a bunch of targets and got the 1st edition black series mando and a bunch of carbonized mandos and was selling/ or scalping them for toy department. Ever since then I’ve just tried to stay away from recent releases or anything that’s over MSRP and just give up on finding certain guys. I really do like the store, but more so for their used items than the stuff that’s NIB and usually more than MSRP

• Like Like x 3
  12. kuhlio

kuhlio Well-Known Member

I know that they do not have any accounts with Hasbro. I believe they have a retailer account with Sideshow- and any company they directly deal with they will promote any preorders they have avail- look at the door when you leave and you will see an upcoming list of preorders available- thats how I ordered my Mezco Gambit about a year ago. The people who run and work the store there are all toy guys- they are all on their own hunts as well- and I know there has been a group of employees all struggling with the Cobra Island exclusives for Cobra Island for their own collections.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Gligamesh51

Gligamesh51 @ThatGuyNeedaHam

News Credits:
    I'm with All Are Dead on the notion of a $45 Wreck-Gar. I'll admit I've got FOMO like MAD, but I've always been patient for TFs and ended up paying retail for all of the newest releases over the years. And if hes getting re-packed next wave, then I'll have no prob.

I know Toy Dept. has an account with Entertainment Earth, that's how they initially started getting Classified in, but I'm sure they don't have an account with Hasbro either.

However, the notions that they have others hunt to resell doesn't seem too crazy. I'm not saying they do, but when you go there and see tons of the same items (like the Headmasters) you start to wonder.

• Like Like x 4
  14. DrTraveler

DrTraveler Wheeljack, Wheeljack, Wheeljack

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd bet money most of that stuff is stolen. You seen new books, graphic novels, etc, pop up at Half Priced Books all the time. It's literally folks shop lifting and dumping things at Half Priced. Game Stop has that too with the used games.

• Like Like x 1
  15. PurpleStuf

PurpleStuf Pastor of Muppets

Man, I really hope that's not the case. The guy I saw seemed to be on really friendly terms with the store employees so I'm sure he's a regular. I'd like to think the Toy Dept. employees wouldn't knowingly be that dishonest as they all seem like pretty decent guys.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Prime77

Prime77 Until next time…

Just saw a SS86 Wreck-Gar at Skylarks in Grove City. $45 if you’re interested, already got mine. Still had Slag too for $95…,yeesh.

• Like Like x 1
  17. all are dead

News Credits:
    I worked at Gamestop for 3ish years. We were NOT allowed to decline possible theft trades in case it wasnt and youve got a lawsuit on your ass. I got so many Walmart thieves arrested dude. SO MANY.

• Like Like x 2
  18. DrTraveler

DrTraveler Wheeljack, Wheeljack, Wheeljack

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My brother worked for GameStop a long time back and the stories he’d tell me were mind boggling. People coming with games still in shrink wrap with price tags on them. It’s crazy. And you can recognize a book that’s never been read. Half Price gets a lot of overstock but some of those books are clearly stolen.

It’s also possible it’s an employee using their employee discount to flip product at a profit. I’ve suspected for a while in NEO that something fishy is going on at my area stores. Things disappear way too fast and there’s a fair amount of things I never even saw hit the sales floor. I know when I worked in retail I grabbed items for purchase on the way to the floor if it was a wish list item for my collection. I didn’t flip them for profit, but I’m willing to admit I had a few collectibles that would have been hard to get if I wasn’t working in retail. That was pretty common back then. Literally everyone working those low pay crappy hours did it.

19. Griffin

Griffin Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  20. Griffin

Griffin Well-Known Member