Ohio Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by cryotek, Jan 3, 2003.

1. Shokwayve

Shokwayve Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Has anyone received Apeface from Amazon, and how is the figure?

2. Swoop Dogg

Swoop Dogg Hi Yukio!

News Credits:
    No worries. It easy to tell the new ones from the old ones - the new ones have blue bubbles for the blind packs (older series are red, green, and orange.)

3. Galaxius84

Galaxius84 Take Flight!

News Credits:
    Its pretty good. My only complaint is I wish there were a few more rotation parts like in the gorilla elbows and the robot hands

• Like Like x 1
  4. waflhaus91

waflhaus91 Co-wisest person at TFW, as proclaimed by barry.

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Been to three different Walgreens and still haven't seen a Ratchet. Guess I'm paying ebay prices.

5. drunkenfish6

drunkenfish6 Well-Known Member

Then I did see the new ones. There were blue bubbles there.

6. all are dead

all are dead Being a nerd is my game.

News Credits:
    Yeah, Colerain near 275. They arent on shelves, theyre in a star wars display. Their display was near the movies and games in electronics.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Swoop Dogg

Swoop Dogg Hi Yukio!

News Credits:
    There aren’t any there now. Did anybody get them before me?

8. Shackstoys

Shackstoys Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    There weren't any series 4 last nigh . I was there at 7pm and they had series 1 and 2 only

9. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

Thanks man!

10. avenged9

avenged9 DecepticonAvenger

Ebay:
    This is the first posting of the 35th Figs I've seen in the Columbus area. Hopefully they'll come a lot further south towards Grove City.

11. Prime77

Prime77 My sanity has social distanced itself. TFW2005 Supporter

Yes, hopefully the 35th shipper will come to Grove City soon. Been in there almost every other day this past week to look for it to no avail. So a sighting in Lewis Center brings me a glimmer of hope.

12. SlaveToLogic

SlaveToLogic Logic > Megatron

News Credits:
    It's neat, but I have no idea what they were thinking with the weird creamy white plastic, gives me Combiner Wars Ultra Magnus vibes and that is NOT a good thing. Knees on mine are a bit loose, I fear they're gunna get even looser. I like it, but it feels like something that came out 4-5 years ago, and unlike Impactor, it's not a compliment.

13. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He's one of their better molds in recent years. When transformed properly, he tabs together quite solidly. I mean, you can shake him and nothing will come loose level solid.
    His range of motion is hindered due to transformation, so no waist swivel and as far as I can tell, no wrist swivel.
    I'm not a fan of the translucent plastic used for the wing and all of the paint slathered all over it.
    That said, I think he's a good update that's long overdue and all things considered, he's definitely a "buy it now!" type of figure. It certainly makes me want their inevitable Snapdragon sooner rather than later.

• Like Like x 1
  14. mikeyalcatraz

mikeyalcatraz Well-Known Member

My Astrotrain shipped the same day and was supposed to have arrived this past Saturday. Of course... it did not at all. I followed the tracking number provided and apparently the package that was supposedly my Astrotrain ended up in Missouri... the problem being that I live in Ohio...sigh.

I contacted the seller by Ebay message three separate times and got replies stating that my Astrotrain would now arrive this coming Tuesday. And then I received yet another ebay message indicating that "Now we are Out of Stock on Astrotrain" and that it is now considered a "Pre-order item". The seller also indicated that I could wait until December 1st for my Astrotrain OR he would refund me my money. How kind of the seller.

I immediately told the seller that I did indeed want my money back as fast as possible and then I asked the seller why it is that he still had auctions on ebay for Astrotrain and there was STILL no mention ANYWHERE in the auction title or text to let the buyer know that the auction was a preorder.

I paid with paypal so what do I need to do if this seller does not send me a refund? Amazingly, I've never had any issues like this pop up before in all the purchases that I've made over the years.

It's sad that I was so looking forward to getting Astrotrain as he's my very favorite bad bot... and now my entire week is shot.. because I got little to nothing to look forward to and... that's just how my brain works after three strokes. I guess that's what I get for being so stupid to expect something like this to work out. Shit.

15. mikeyalcatraz

Okay... I want a refund from my ebay auction for the Astrotrain. My experience was the same as one of you fellas where the item left Madison Wisconsin and then got to Niles, Illinois and it was there that Fed Ex posted that the "Barcode was Unreadable so the barcode was replaced" and then my package supposedly was shipped to Republic, Missouri... and as I stated above I live in Wadsworth OHIO.

I sent 3 separate messages to the piece of crap seller before he finally told me that the item was out of stock and now preordered for the 1st of December. What a load of crap. It's sad for me because that was my big purchase for the entire month of November....because I'm a disable United States Marine and my disability pay.... well let us say that it doesn't go all that far.....meh.

As I stated previously, I don't even know the procedure or process for getting my money back as I have never had to do so before otherwise I would have already done so and attempted to buy an Astrotrain elsewhere online.....so disappointing.

16. Galaxius84

Galaxius84 Take Flight!

News Credits:
    Yeah I had the same thing that Astrotrain is out of stock and its a preorder. I asked for a refund and I’m just going to order him from Big Boy Collectables

17. mikeyalcatraz

I asked the guy for a refund as I plan on doing the same thing and order from Big Boy Collectibles. Unfortunately, in my case I have to wait until I receive the refund from the idiot seller before I can order from Big Boy....sigh. Ah well, like I said above I suppose that I'm fortunate that I've never had to ask for a refund before... because I've ordered so many things from ebay alone over the years.

18. Galaxius84

Galaxius84 Take Flight!

News Credits:
    I woke up at like 3 am this morning and after I requested a refund I ordered Astrotrain from Big Boy. I already have my tracking number and I should have just gone this route to begin with

• Like Like x 1
  19. misfire19d

misfire19d Geewunner with some cash to buy toys

Not sightings related. However, there’s a comic discussion panel at Parma Heights branch of the Cuyahoga public library. This month’s topic is all things Transformers. 6:30 - 8:30 pm. There’s a Facebook page.

• Like Like x 1
  20. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    &

&

I'm sorry this happened to you. I really am. You're not alone, though, so while it doesn't provide a lot of comfort at least you know you're not out in the cold. I think I've figured out what the guy is pulling... Either Amazon got some in (3rd party sellers tend to get them in first, then Amazon sells them afterward at MSRP themselves.) and he sold through them really fast, or he's gauging interest. He can see how many transactions were "completed" so he can tell Amazon how many to place under his seller's account, then he can turn around and really sell them once they come out. He can then use that positive feedback from those sales to combat these negative ones.

EDIT: Leave feedback before he refunds. Since he's refunded me, I cannot leave feedback to warn others. The link isn't even available to do so.