Ohio Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by cryotek, Jan 3, 2003.

1. Galaxius84

Galaxius84 Cyber key powered collector

News Credits:
    I just bought Siege Astrotrain off eBay. Spent $58 ($55 + $3 tax) which is fairly reasonable if I can get him earlier than regular retail. Plus $58 is just like having $8 shipping so its fine

• Like Like x 5
  2. mikeyalcatraz

mikeyalcatraz Well-Known Member

I know that I posted this a week or so ago but I feel it bears repeating. The Wadsworth Ohio Walmart (about an hour north of Columbus) has displayed the 35th anniversary figures up front in the seasonal aisles by the entrance close to all of the non food items. When I picked up my Bluestreak, and Thundercracker (along with Sideswipe who I have been meaning to pick up and who was also stocked with the 35th bots and ALSO was priced at $16.99 for some reason...not complaining mind you) there were at least two more Bluestreaks, two more Thundercrackers, numerous Optimus Prime, Megatron and Starscream. There were also two Soundblasters left now that I'm thinking on it. I know that there were several other bots in the display but I don't recall who they were as I didn't need them... and as I've mentioned before my memory.... not so good the majority of the time.

On another sort of related note; I received my package from Entertainment Earth today with the two pack of Rumble(Frenzy) & Ratbat and the two pack of Direct Hit & Power Punch. I ordered both from EE for two reasons. The first reasons is due to all of my issues with my inability to drive or get a reliable ride to be able to go out and hunt down the new bots. The second reason was the affordable price pure and simple. When I placed my order last week I got both two packs for around $27 and that was including the shipping. As I said; it seemed like a darned good price all things considered. It didn't hurt that I'm a maniac for Transformers but beyond that the cassette bots are among my favorites. I already picked up the Ravage and Lazerbeak two pack from Hasbropulse a month of so ago for $9.99 (I was already ordering other bots anyways so it made sense).

I had already watched a quick review of the Rumble two pack and the fella conducting the review did mention the size of Rumble. He even showed a size comparison between the previous Rumble and the new version. While there is a distinct difference in size... and also there's the fact that Rumble looks exactly like Frenzy did in the cartoon. However, beyond the obvious... the figures are nice. I even think that I "MAYBE, just might...possibly" be able to design up a pair of the piledriver style arm attachments for Rumbel and print them on my 3D printer. HOWEVER, just like my idea for a couple of extra cargo bay door parts (or something similar to that) to make ASTROTRAIN look damned near perfect... I can't make any promises about either set of parts until I start designing the piledrivers AND until I actually have ASTROTRAIN in my creative hands.

My only real question regarding Rumble/Frenzy now is that I wonder if there ever will be an actual correct looking Rumble/Frenzy release or am I gonna have to get a second Rumble and then paint one of the two bots the correct purple paint scheme to look like Rumble is supposed to look?

3. mikeyalcatraz

Thank you SO MUCH! I just happened to glance up at your post after posting my message.... and I immediately jumped on Ebay. I found the very last Astrotrain S51 for a buy it now price of $55 +$3 tax and free 3 day shipping. So... you are entirely correct that $58 for the best looks version of my very favorite Decepticon ever (well he's tied with Soundwave with Devastator in second place but still) is a very good price indeed.

After all of the medical issues that I've fought through over the course of the last 15 years... I have some severe issues with being... patient and ever since I saw the first photos of S51 I've been chomping at the bit wanting to have Astrotrain join my growing collection of Transformers.

Only three days from now and I'll have the very best leader (o the Decepticons could have ever hoped for.

Man I am super excited!!!

• Like Like x 2
  4. Galaxius84

News Credits:
    No problem! Mine hasn’t shipped out just yet so I’d assume it’ll ship by Friday for both of us

5. Galaxius84

News Credits:
    Also those that preordered Apeface on Amazon looks like he is indeed being released tomorrow. I got a payment charge notification this morning

• Like Like x 1
  6. mikeyalcatraz

I actually received an email earlier this morning indicating that my Astrotrain had shipped so perhaps your package has shipped today as well. I can't wait to get that package and check out Astrotrain in person. I still plan on buying one of the re-releases of the old school Astrotrain as I've always liked him the most (along with Soundwave and Devastator) and felt that his character should have been much more important on the original cartoon. I also liked Blitzwing now that I am thinking about it. Wasn't there a fairly recent Blitzwing bot released or am I mistaken? I need to look into that now.

7. Swoop Dogg

Swoop Dogg Hi Yukio!

News Credits:
    Anybody in Cincinnati see the new Botbots (series 4 - blue bubble) at Target yet? Please let me know! Beechmont and Milford don't have them.

8. Galaxius84

News Credits:
    Most recent Blitzwing was the Titans Return version. Besides the stickers it was fantastic. Though I would have liked him as a non-headmaster style figure

9. Galaxius84

News Credits:
    I haven’t seen any yet sadly. I think the Indianapolis DC is sending our district older product first. The Target I work at got a fresh case of Botbots on Tuesday but it was Series 3 and not Series 4

10. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I bought one of those Astrotrains. It also says it was the last one.

Go to check it, says he still has a "last one". I have a feeling we probably got ripped off. PayPal and eBay will probably have to step in on this one.

11. Galaxius84

News Credits:
    If mine doesn’t ship by Tuesday I’ll go through the insurance steps. I did notice that last one thing too but hopefully it doesn’t actually mean anything

• Like Like x 1
  12. Swoop Dogg

Swoop Dogg Hi Yukio!

News Credits:
    That sucks. If I find them, I'll let you know.

13. Prime77

Prime77 Until next time…

Botbots series 4 blind packs spotted at Grove City Target. Grabbed a few, still had at least half a case on the pegs.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Swoop Dogg

Swoop Dogg Hi Yukio!

News Credits:
    Have you checked the Target in Newport KY lately? I might go there tonight or tomorrow if you haven't.

So hard to resist the urge to drive 1.5 hours....

• Like Like x 1
  15. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I was at the Newport Target this afternoon. I didn't see any series 4 botbots.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Galaxius84

News Credits:
    I haven’t but I was gonna check on my way up to school

17. Galaxius84

News Credits:
    Also an update: my Astrotrain shipped today! Says it’ll be here Monday

• Like Like x 2
  18. Swoop Dogg

Swoop Dogg Hi Yukio!

News Credits:
    Thanks - saves me the trip! I guess I'll check the Oakley Target tomorrow instead.

• Like Like x 1
  19. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Mine has not. I'm not worried, I'll get my money back if nothing else. That said, after reading his feedback, he's an Amazon drop shipper. Several reviews/complaints about him having Amazon send the buyers products. The sucky part of that is, Amazon's internal shipping isn't always the best for updates.

20. Galaxius84

News Credits:
    Honestly as long as its an actual Siege Astrotrain I’m not all that concerned

• Like Like x 1