Ohio Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by cryotek, Jan 3, 2003.

1. Alexology13

Alexology13 Active Member

North Olmsted Ollie's has the standard fare plus 3 Trypticons as of an hour or so ago.

2. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I generally like what I see so far...wish the battle wear paint apps were as extreme as what was shown at SDCC, though. Go big or go home. Here's to hoping they do MTMTE Wheeljack, Jazz, BB and tetrajets...

Tri-County Target: Nothing new or notable

3. DrakkenZero

DrakkenZero Might Gaine... might not.

Ebay:
    I have a theory about Hasbro / Takara / Transformer's woes in general. It's the same problem we have with movies right now. Nobody wants to make NEW content, because they're afraid it won't go over with the fans. So instead, we just get recycled, refined, reused, retread versions of things we already had before - over and over and over again.

Pokemon... why create new pokemon again when you can just GIVE PEOPLE MORE PIKACHU?

DC - you know what I bet those fans would like to see? Another Batman origin story movie.

And Transformers is guilty of the same... Look, it's BUMBLEBEE. You love Bumblebee. And who's that with him? It's Optimus Prime! Surprise! And nowadays, even when they DO introduce new characters, they get almost no development or personality attached to them, they exist simply as vehicles (literally) to sell more toys. Bayverse movies are the worst about this, 100%. They constantly introduce new bad guys, but they never get any character development and are immediately killified, sometimes not even on screen. They march in front of the camera, are there just long enough to justify that they get a action figure (thanks, Star Wars), and then disappear into the frey.

Beast Wars... at least it tried. Everything since then has been about promoting new toys... and I'm 100% ok with that, if you actually make them characters I care about. But they don't do that anymore - essentially, if it has Transformers + Children, those Children get ALL of the character development and screen time that would normally be spent fleshing out characters.

4. DrJest

DrJest Crewdition Washout

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Pinterest:
    The Mentor Ollie's has a ton of Trypticons, Blitzwings, Octones, and Hot Rods. They also have fresh boxes of TR deluxes, though it's still just Krok/Twinferno/Quake/Triggerhappy. I think I saw a bunch of the RC Sqweeks for $19.99. If anyone wants the Voltron lions, they have plenty of those as well.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Skyclaw

Skyclaw 6 Types of Madness!

Much as I've been out to Vegas and there's many Ross's out there, I never did seen Hotrod anywhere and wouldn't mind having him. Beats paying around $50 for him if Ollies can stock him and keep him in stock. I have Trypitcon, Overlord and Blitzwing. I cant stand Hasbro version of Octane so I will getting Takara's version of him.

6. Skyclaw

BTW properties manager at the Dayton mall has reached out to Ross and ask them to put in store here locally in the Dayton area. From what I hear, Ross should be taken over and revamping the old Elder-Beerman building and Ross should be there. However, since I just found this out yesterday when I drove by Sears and now they are going out of business, so Ross may go there now.

All these stores I grew up with is fading away so quickly! TRU, Elder-beerman, Sears...whats next?

Anymore stores disappears around the Dayton Mall area, I'm moving out West. I don't need a ghost town here where I live and "certain" people migrate this way and my neighborhood turns into a bad neighborhood.

7. SWAGE66

SWAGE66 Hoping for spontaneous disintegration

90% of the Dayton area is a shithole to begin with, kind of amusing that losing a couple of department stores makes you think to move elsewhere.

8. all are dead

all are dead Being a nerd is my game.

News Credits:
    Target on Princeton Road in Bridgewater Falls had a single SS Ironhide. His box was dinged up, but he is now home with me!

• Like Like x 3
  9. Skyclaw

Not sure where you live? But the area where I LIVE is NOT a Shithole! and I take offense to that! I have very nice houses around me and neighbors as well. Plus I grew up with Brick and mortar stores that I went my family to shop with is kind of sign of the times for me. I see only Walmart and Target will remain a stores you can actually walk into and shop years to come vs buying on Amazon.

It's more than a couple of department stores asshole! The idea is not losing the Dayton Mall as a whole and surrounding businesses! It's called the trickle effect, if all the stores close then no out of state companies will invest in Dayton and it become like a Trotwood. Where there use to be a Mall and whole lot more dept stores compared what is there now, which is nothing and people from there are trying to move elsewhere to where department stores closer them.

10. DrJest

DrJest Crewdition Washout

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Pinterest:
    I'm more concerned by the '"certain" people' comment. o_O 

• Like Like x 2
  11. SWAGE66

I thought that was pretty sly, as well.

And for the record @Skyclaw - I said 90%, not you and your area specifically. I lived around Dayton for over ten years, including working there and having jobs that had me visit hundreds of businesses and satellite offices in the area. Not only were most of them relatively trashy, but Dayton is also one of the worst places in the nation to work, by average wage for people who aren’t upper management or higher. The poverty level isn’t much to brag about, either.

And as far as calling me an asshole, have your fun having another little tantrum here on tfw. I’m sure in person you’re even more terrifying, especially the way you bully female employees at TRU on here lol

12. DrakkenZero

Ebay:
    I would also like an explicit clarification on which "certain" people you're talking about, because I would love to hear an explanation that doesn't make you sound like a monster.

• Like Like x 3
  13. SWAGE66

Anyway lol

Ollie’s released a bunch of TRU stock today according to the dude working when I stopped in. I saw about 10 Trypticons, and massive loads of Twinferno, Quake, Krok, Overlord. A few Squeeks that were RC, a few movie Hot Rods, and handfuls of voyager Octane, Blitzwing, and Optimus.

Same store had all the same deluxes a couple weeke ago, but everything else is new for them. I guess today was the release date across the company line for this to drop. So, hopefully you can get some good ones.

14. all are dead

all are dead Being a nerd is my game.

News Credits:
    Ollies had TF's in their Ad today, such as Trypticon, Hot Rod, Triggerhappy, and Octone.

• Like Like x 1
  15. DrakkenZero

Ebay:
    Ollies in Wilmington has 11 Trypticons, 27 Overlords, and a dozen each of Octone, Blitzwing. THere were also a handful of Voyager Megatrons and Optimuses in the mix. As far as deluxes, it was the same generic assortment of late-series TR figures - lots of Krok, Quake, and Twinferno.

• Like Like x 1
  16. anikenvader

anikenvader Hero for hire

News Credits:
    I saw some posts about Windblade and Misfire's wave showing up at Ollies, can't remember if it was in here. Anyone possibly know? Gonna snag me a Windblade if it's on that Ollies menu.

17. DrakkenZero

Ebay:
    Windblade is on my hit list too, if you see a location with a few be sure to let us know the location?

18. Pac_tim

Pac_tim Urban Achiever

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ollie's in Toledo has about 13 or so Trypticons and about 64 movie Hot Rods. Plus a ton of the stuff they already had.

19. Quickstrike2013

Quickstrike2013 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think the south got some other figures in the Titans return but haven’t heard of Misfire or Wingblade being one of them. I’m not sure, he nice to know which ones stores are getting

20. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Big TR TF surge at Ollie's Dayton Mall, with about 6 or so Trypticons on a cart near the door (doesn't look like those will last), the Quake/Krok wave of deluxes, Ocfone/Blitzwing, Sky Shadow/Overlord/SixShot, and TLK Hot Rod,