Oh Snap. Ravage and Megatron.

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Master Fwiffo, Dec 5, 2008.

1. Icespark

Icespark A Spark in the Darkness

News Credits:
    Megatron's design has been certainly improved over the first version. There is still room for further improvement though. The left arm needs more substance to it, and the helmet portion of his head could use a bit more work as well. The right arm is very interesting. I wonder what kind of weapon is built into it. I do like the treads in his legs; since he's a $40 figure, perhaps there'll be a chance that the treads will be made of rubber and can work?

I like Ravage for the most part; I still think he really needs two optics though. That is, unless the round black areas on the sides of the skull are his optics..... which would mean he has a really weird nose.... (Animated Shockwave has to fit into that theory somewhere! :lol )

I do notice in the report that Ratchet wasn't listed with the characters whose designs haven't changed. That slightly worries me. I'm hoping it just means that they changed his design; he could use a new head. I'm also really hoping that there are far less character deaths this time around! :) 

2. Smokescreen

Smokescreen The Ultimate Gambler

News Credits:
    Ravage is totally badass. Megs looks good, but I'm wondering why one arm is a lot bigger than the other. Maybe because he lost that left arm in the first film. I believe it was missing when they dumped him in the ocean at the end.

3. DeathsHead

DeathsHead Well-Known Member

Interesting how everyone seems to love Ravage. I'm afraid I can't stand him. I just utterly loathe the whole Gieger alien reject look, plus the teeth and the one eye look hilarious.

Megs however seems to be going places! Less kibble, less...well...ALIEN than before, all good stuff. Perhaps he donated all his horrible spikey bits so they could make Ravage...:D 

4. squawkbox74

squawkbox74 Mawile enthusiast

Twitter:
    Megatron looks like Nightmare from Soul Calibur 4.

5. neospark1

neospark1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    :horse: :deadhorse: :horse: 

6. neospark1

neospark1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Same here.

7. Pepsiman98

Pepsiman98 Consulting Criminal

i think bay got megatron having a claw for a hand from tf armada. megatron's left was clearly a claw like this megatron. if anyone's noticed, these pics are fully rendered to the live action version of them we will see in theaters. i mean, i bet megatron will be in that same pose in one scene and wont look any different from the picture here.
    (while :bay :bay :bay  is going off in the background)

8. ashion

ashion Well-Known Member

Love Ravage. I definetly know if i saw that looking in my direction i would be running in the oposite direction so fast i'd be doing my best impression of Blurr.

I like the designs. Their alien and interesting.

9. DeathsHead

DeathsHead Well-Known Member

This reaally made me laugh!

Zmog I salute your posts throughout this thread for being able to concisely convey my every opinion in a way that I seem entirely unable to do.

I shall now stop kissing arse...

10. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I'm going to be weird, but I mostly like the Megatron design. Just a more solid armored look that says warrior far better than his design in the first movie. He just somehow seems like he's less busy now which makes him easier on the eyes. Heck I even like the claw/cannon arm because it throws a bit of a Beast Wars sort of thing in there to say hey there is more than G1 and this movie franchise.

Only bit I'm not really happy on Megatron is those weird fingers. I think he needs a fist that say tyrant and I could punch a hole in a tank if I wanted to. The current fingers just look too well "girly", too bad they can't give him a tough guy's fist instead.

Ravage I like the lots of big teeth and the way they managed a wisker type look in there as well. Just a bit too much of the busy look going on that takes away from a sleak look you'd expect for a cat. Okay and the strange orange thing in the middle of his face seems more like a distraction instead of being something cool. Makes it look he's only got one eye or something.

11. Overhaulimus

Overhaulimus Sword of Fury!

News Credits:
    Megs is just screaming Galvatron at me for some reason,oh and I absolutely love Ravage.

12. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree. To me Ravage looks like more of a creature, then a robot. But I like the new Megatron.

13. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 Barely active here

News Credits:
    Yay!!! A design for Megatron that looks better than the first one!
    And Ravage just looks bad ass, except for the tail, kinda reminds me of Skorponok.

14. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

I like Ravage's 1 eye. At least it looks like it's just 1 eye. Fits in with the movie aesthetic perfectly. I just wish the Decepticons didn't all have that silver and rust color to them.

15. TheMindZombie

TheMindZombie Decepticon Psychologist

Ebay:
    Is it just me or does Ravage's tail like a lot like Scoronok's?

16. Blackout

Blackout Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Nope. :) 

17. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wonder what the size of Ravage will be? I hope he won't be the size of an average house cat.

18. thygriever

thygriever Optimus Prime

News Credits:
    Megatron is an instant win for me. I love his redesign. Doesn't look "all over the place" like his old one did. I still hate his hands!

Ravage is alright. Don't like the 1 eyeball thing. What does he transform into this time?

19. Maximus_Prime

Maximus_Prime Graphicon

News Credits:
    BAD.ASS

Ravage looks like he won't be a little bitch like Frenzy was when he was fighting Sam LOL

I can't wait to see more designs

It did pique my interest though when he said that Prime,Bee and Ironhide are mostly unchanged.

no Ratchet :(  signs aren't looking good for him

20. Ravage1976

Ravage1976 Well-Known Member

I still dont understand the whole spindly arm thing they insist on giving Megatron but Ravage is interesting an if he gets a descent toy he will be the movie toy I grab since my fund are going to be largely tied up with Animated.