Minor/Repaint: Oh Jazz

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by ZombieBalls, Jan 26, 2019.

1. ZombieBalls

ZombieBalls Drives fast

Admittedly I'm not much of a customizer, largely because my painting skills are terrible. But occasionally I'll try something if I don't think we'll ever see an official version and Jazz being torn in half in the first movie was one such scene I wanted to recreate. With the better looking and closer scaled Studio Series line I decided to give it a try. This was completed last month and resulted in a very much destroyed Jazz and I was reasonably happy with it. Now like everyone else, I saw this morning Hasbro will be making it official with the new Movie Masterpiece Jazz and Megatron. They even have a spine like mine and I will be all over this when the real one's released. Originally I was going to have SS Optimus hold Jazz but then I remembered Ironhide actually carries his corpse first and he actually holds it better than Optimus. If you're interested in how it stays together, note the peg in Jazz's hips and the one in his shoulder area that come from Titanmaster Skytread tanks. Ironhide's fists hide the off color and the small remaining visible areas were painted. Jazz's "cables" on the hips end come from DOTM deluxe Crankcase's dreads. The spinal column on the torso comes from a Doc Ock(?) Spiderman figure I bought for something else. Jazz has also been severely filed, scratched, burned, and melted to add to the battle damage of falling from the top of the building Megatron killed him on. Oh Jazz 1.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 26, 2019
    • Like Like x 8
  2. Dropkick

Dropkick Doktor

That is uh... very brutal.

3. ZombieBalls

ZombieBalls Drives fast

Yeah but surprisingly this little toy took abuse from a lighter and a file much better than expected. It didn't deform nearly as fast as I thought it would. My favorite part is the door of Jazz's left arm. It melted and looks dented without too much scorching.

• Like Like x 1
  4. WDTProductions

WDTProductions Lost Light Crew Member

This is wicked in all the best ways. Great job!

5. Riddler

Riddler Soundwave superior, Autobots inferior.

d8e.jpg

• Like Like x 1