Oh boy another "what's wrong with IDW?" thread. But with good reason this time?

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by ThatGuyCalledBlaster, Jun 16, 2020.

1. GeoSociety

GeoSociety Well-Known Member

I always thought it was weird how at the end of Infiltration, Optimus shows up directly infront of Jimmy, Verity, and Hunter at the last moment but then never spoke to them at all ever.

2. Dire 51

Dire 51 Line Stepper.

Getaway was not a villain.

He had to dispose of Megatron... not an easy feat. And had to use any means necessary. It wasn't Getaways fault the lost light crew were all brainwashed.

He used underhanded tactics for sure, but that was his assignment for the get-go.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ThatGuyCalledBlaster

ThatGuyCalledBlaster No relation to the Autobot, ironically. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If i'm gonna be honest. There are times when I do contemplate about going as all-out as I am, or even just about doing this altogether, haha. If I was hypothetically held at gunpoint and was told to pick one storyline to do and just that, it would be MTMTE. On top of all this, I was even thinking of doing something on the lines of filler stop-motiom stuff online, as in besides reviews, i'd post some little episodical whatevers just for fun. Again, all of this is very early, and I think I can safely say that NOTHING is set in stone yet. Probably except for MTMTE though.

In terms of outlook, what i've thought of so far, should I go nuclear, is doing the "-ation" series (Infiltration to Maximum Dinobots) and Megatron: Origins as films, then everything else in a serial. Overtime, I feel that I would probably learn some time-saving tricks, already thinking of doing so by using stills for when I know there won't be any movements in that scene except for dialogue. As well as cheating some transformations by cutting some steps out from filming.

So, this indeed is something far-flung, nothing is set in stone, and it will take a good bit of time before it comes into formation, at least.

4. ThatGuyCalledBlaster

News Credits:
    Probably not my best word choice, there. Righteous antagonist maybe sounds a bit better?

5. levyshahar

levyshahar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Gave it some more thought and I think that even doing MTMTE is a life’s work. Why won’t you start with something not any less awesome but a lot shorter, like Last Stand of the Wreckers?

6. ThatGuyCalledBlaster

News Credits:
    Now, you do pose an obvious point, yet it's one I never thought and am kicking myself for not thinking of.

Would be a bit hard, since the aftermarket for MMC Overlord isn't that large, and finding a Mech Ideas Ironfist is like a needle in a haystack, prompting the need for a custom. Same for Pyro and Rotorstorm, to name a few that come to mind.

@javaco ;) 

So yeah, food for thought, I guess.

7. levyshahar

levyshahar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have all of them :D  including a custom Pyro (this specific one), and the new rotorstorm on preorder (plan to replace the head with an original g2 head).

if you can sketch the script I’d be happy to take the pictures for you to edit and stuff

8. TheWarPathGuy

TheWarPathGuy Unkempt Introvert (I actually bathe everyday.)

I don't know how to write an adaption, but here's some tips.
    • Get the strongest elements, and remove the weaker elements.
    • Make the show, unique from the comic. For example, Spider-Man the Animated Series did alot of loose adaptations of the story arcs featured in the comics.
    • Try creating your own storylines not from the comic!
    • Plan the series out, from start to end.
    • There's nothing wrong with quoting the comic word for word. Especially when that dialogue is iconic.
    • As for LL, tell your own story! Even if you don't like it.
    • Take out any unnecessary scenes.
    • Don't remove the elements important to the characters or plot.
    The most important thing is to have fun!
    I do suggest you do a miniseries or oneshot, before tackling an entire series.

9. ThatGuyCalledBlaster

News Credits:
    I greatly appreciate all the tips I can get, it truly means a lot.

Much like how @levyshahar mentioned earlier, I also think it's in my best bet to go down this path. Undoubtedly, the one i'd have to start with is Last Stand of the Wreckers.

Now this is something where I think it's a bit over the edge. Totally get what you mean, but going completely unique is definitely a bit too much. In an overall sense, my main goal is to show a labor of love for what was done in the past by IDW, while giving it all a unified style that is both familiar, yet unique. Something a bit more anime-like is definitely where i'd be going in terms of that, in one sense. Here's something I mentioned a while ago, in which I went a bit in detail on what my plan/outlook/philosophy for this all kinda was, where some of what I just said now and a bit later is mentioned as well here.

You know, the funny thing is, this entire project started as a crossover. But after some time, I figured that this was too left of center of what I wanted to do. The fragments of this origin aren't just being outright thrown out though, i've also had plans for completely unrelated random videos mainly for shits and giggles. Those are absolutely without a doubt happening.

Without a shadow of a doubt. I'm gonna take my time planning all this out, while practicing the craft of stop-motion, as well as the others that I pursue interest in, which also coincide with this. Such as voice acting, video editing and music production. As well as gathering hardware, and also making other videos on the side, mainly reviews of stuff in my collection.

Kinda goes hand in hand with the outline from earlier, but absolutely I gotta keep the memorable stuff in there.

Same with this, but i'm absolutely throwing most if not all of Lost Light out into the trash. I still am interested in seeing how the Functionist Universe could still be observed, though on a smaller scale, with both less story influence, and less characters themselves in the FU.

This is the only I think i'd have a bit of conflict with. I while wanting to make everything more streamlined and such, would still want to add in times where we can get some say, wholesome downtime with characters and/or giving some lesser ones a bit more time to shine through less story-driven deposition on them. For example, an extended scene from say, one of the Lost Light's movie nights, this one being more fun than anything else, haha.

[​IMG]

This is basically a given.

This one's my favorite.

Though seriously, this is easily the most important.

Also, real quick, never played Skullgirls, but I can easily say that Squigly is damn a-ok.

Ironhide.PNG

• Like Like x 1
  10. TheWarPathGuy

TheWarPathGuy Unkempt Introvert (I actually bathe everyday.)

I appreciate you not agreeing with everything I said! Every writer is different! Keep writing, and keep improving.
    Also Squigly is fine as hell, you are a man with taste.
    Also I wrote my own Transformers script, if your interested I can send it to ya! Privately!

• Like Like x 1
  11. ThatGuyCalledBlaster

News Credits:
    Hell yeah, man! That's how we do it, haha.

We're both men of culture it seems...

Sure thing! Feel free to send it my way!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Go-Faster-Wings

Go-Faster-Wings Well-Known Member

I think what you're undertaking here could become very overwhelming. There's a lot of stories in the pre-mtmte series, I think maybe you could stick to the highlights? Or Truncating! Truncating Infiltration, Escalation, Revelation Devastation, and Maximum Dinobots could be a good idea, make it all into one or two big stories and keep only the essentials. All Hail Megatron could be a good short story as well, and do the Ongoing as one thing, maybe only keeping the first and last two volumes worth of story.

Once you get these first several stories out of the way, I bet you anything you'll be really well adjusted to your own type of story telling, and be well prepared to tackles your favorite stories from MTMTE.

Also I will offer my help any way I can! I can write, I can audition to voice act, I have a lot of MTMTE based figues and can even help with filming if you'd need. I can do storyboards as well if that's something you'd need. I love projects like these, and you have my support if nothing else!