Official Transformers: Age of Extinction Teaser Trailer

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Heat Guy, Mar 4, 2014.

1. MV95

MV95 @marlinfan1995 Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    You do realize that events in a trailer don't take place in chronological order right? That comment is not what made the guy push her. And it wasn't even Titus Welliver. It was some other guy.

How do you know he died there?

So what you're saying is that in the brief 2 seconds he was in the trailer you've come to that conclusion? Interesting.

I made a whole freakin rant on a stupid comment such as this. Click the youtube link in my sig for that. It's the latest video.

Yet you'll see it opening day.

2. Goaliebot

Goaliebot All Makes and Models

News Credits:
    *pokes head in*

What's this? A bunch of avowed movieverse haters, who hated movies 1-3, dropped by to say this one will suck and they won't go see it in theaters?

Who'd have expected that?

3. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    I love that post.

4. MV95

MV95 @marlinfan1995 Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Haha :D 

5. fallen_revenge

fallen_revenge Movie News Addict

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I wouldn't waste my time arguing BioToaKid. Under his profile username it reads "complaint". Let him do all the complaining and as MV95 said he'll see it on opening day.

6. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

Cause we are. It's probably the only true realistic thing in these movies.

7. HoneyPrime

HoneyPrime ♥♥ Smokescreen ♥♥

I know you both are right. I get upset about the stupid stuff we humans do in real life. Meh, I will never understand the human race. I guess I was hoping to actually see some appreciation somewhere from the humans in this next movie as I felt showing our appreciation was lacking in the first 3. The trailer, to me, is just showing more of the same, but I will wait until I see the whole movie. I should have done that in the first place instead of snarling here.

I have enjoyed the movies very much, but some things bothered me. I guess I was just venting a bit, I apologize if this was the wrong place.

8. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

You're in the right place. You just need to be ready to have others "vent" back at you.

9. HoneyPrime

HoneyPrime ♥♥ Smokescreen ♥♥

Oh, I don't mind people "venting" back at me. It gives me different points of view to think about. What I ment by "wrong place" is this particular thread. I'm hoping I didn't derail it and perhaps should have started a new one or looked for a more appropriate one.

10. Infosaur

Infosaur Ancient Cybertronian

Hmmm, better then expected. We shall see.

Also, I'd kinda laugh if the DJD showed up in this.

That train at the beginning made me think, "how come railbots never seem to catch on?"
    Sure they can only follow the tracks, but I think Bayverse railbots would be epic in terms of presence and scale.

11. starscream1234

starscream1234 Well-Known Member

Why kill Ratchet!!!!!!

What is with Bay is he trying to kill off all of the original cast!!!!!! Why does Ratchet need to die!!!!!!!!!! The Autobots need a medic it makes no sense!!!!!

12. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

Nah. You were fairly on topic to something that was in the trailer.

Character death never really needs to make sense. It just happens. If anything, if a character death makes sense, that's actually awful writing. A death in fiction is suppose to take you by surprise and make you feel bad that it happened to that character.

13. Timothy.R

Timothy.R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    exactly..

deaths can add more emotion to a movie.. well, when done the right way.

ironhides death was dramatic, spectacular, and surprising (for those who weren't spoiled by the comic book art prior to the movie).. the problem with his death is that after it happened, it wasn't mentioned again, and by the time they were fighting in chicago, he was all but forgotten about.

ratchets death would mean more than say crosshairs since ratchet has been in all three movies.. if they killed crosshairs, people wouldn't be as moved by it, especially with the personalities bots are getting in the movies.. we've barely gotten to know anyone except prime and bumblebee throughout three movies, so i think it'd be difficult for them to get you to care about a character that just arrived.

i think this movie needs a major human death.. i can't think of a single major human character that has died. humans are the stars of these movies, and they carry the story (it sucks i know).. but, you'd think they'd kill off an important human at some point. oh well.

and.. the autobots need a medic?.. why? .. he STILL can't seem to give bumblebee a voice, he couldn't save jazz (even though his head was still intact, and his spark chamber was still intact, assuming it's located in his chest).. and if you're saying he'd fix prime's arm from the end of dotm.. well, in rotf, starscream showed us that it's rather easy to reattach limbs themselves.

also.. it can't just be the decepticons that die.. where's the fun in that?

14. Timothy.R

Timothy.R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    you don't have to "appreciate it".. it was sarcasm. .. it was directed towards whoever decided it was a good idea to have such major decepticons killed off by humans rather than by autobots with the help of humans.

15. a person

a person Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's going to be like the last three movies. Why wouldn't it?

16. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    I still haven't forgiven Michael Bay for killing off all those characters in the 1986 Transformers movie.

17. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    "Because G1." They have new toys they need to roll out, and as per the rules of '86, when you bring in new characters, you apparently need to kill off all the old ones :) 

Have to admit, if ^ this is how upset fans can & will get over movie-bot deaths, I sort of hope Bay kills eeeeeveryone. Turbo-fan meltdowns are always a good time.

18. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    ....you have made me laugh. I thank you for that, good sir.

19. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's not the fact that Ratchet is seemingly biting the bullet, it's the fact that every TF death in the Bay films has had very little impact on the audience on an emotional level.

Because there's no significant characterization of these characters (bar the odd exception of Prime, Bee, Jetfire, Sentinel) there's no impact on the audience when they die. Jazz's death is the only one who actually even got a brief remembrance/any sorrow shown for by his comrades. There wasn't a single mention of Arcee's, Ironhide, or QueJacks after they'd been killed.

Much as many of us fans might be upset with a possible demise of Ratchet, his impact on the audience has been pretty much nil so far. He stood around in the background, had a few amusing lines of dialogue in the first film but was never seen acting as a medic, or in any real memorable way. So lets not pretend this was some amazing incarnation of the character, and his death will be as meanginless and go as unrecognized as everyone else's.

20. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    Whoa whoa whoa, what are you talking about?! I, for one, am going to really miss Background Yellow Hummer Guy Who Turned Into Background Lime Green Hummer Guy! He was one of my all time favorites alongside Background Silver Sports Car Guy, Other Background Silver Sports Car Guy, Big Black Truck Who Looked And Breathed Like A Bull Guy, Moving Pieces Of Indiscernible Metal Shrapnel Bad Guy Leader Guy Who Suddenly Became Another Semi Truck Guy, Chicken Jet Guy, Helicopter Guy, Other Helicopter Guy Who Looked Exactly The Same As First Helicopter Guy, Satellite Guy Who Apparently Became A Mercedes Guy, Random New Red Car With An Accent Guy, Vulture Who Could Apparently Turn Into ANYTHING Guy, Small Remote Control Truck Guy, Metal Snake Riding One Eyed Guy, and of course, the epically unforgettable Red Neck Flame Deco Big Truck Guy. To downplay their amazing characterization is just trolling... hater!