Official Transformers: Age of Extinction Teaser Trailer

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Heat Guy, Mar 4, 2014.

1. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Yep, this. Autobots are sworn to protect humans, but what if the humans are attacking them (as is clearly the case)?

2. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

This trailer makes me want to see this movie...But I know better.

I really like the concept that's setting up this story...Unfortunately this is still Bay, so that's pretty much all this story is going to be...A concept.

3. VPTwarrior

VPTwarrior Warrior

Ebay:
    Anyone else read the IDW The Transformers comic, the comic that takes place after "all hail megatron" same plot with transformers being hunted but my main question will be, will they actually take the time to make cool gun props that look like they could harm or kill a transformer or will they bullshit it with rifles like the last movie, also will they try using inhibitor clamps/locks which stop a transformer from transforming, that would be cool too and with all the dead bots from Chicago they should have some idea on how to do that too.

4. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh my gosh, this looks pretty AWESOME!

5. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    or maybe the humans are making their own Transformers to fight the Autobots...

6. Browns2212

Browns2212 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Possibly, but at some point I believe the "man made" transformers will be turned into Cons by someone regardless....maybe Lockdown or even someone else. ;) 

7. SuperGrimlock

SuperGrimlock Cybertron Driver License

Just a theory on ratchet. Completely conjecture and speculation. Its possible the scene where he is being attacked happens early on and sets the wedge between humans and Autobots. But my guess at this time to account for such a rapid ability to reverse engineer a cybertronian, who better to study and possibly interrogate than a cybertronian medic/doctor who would be the best to provide the information on cybertronian anatomy. Just a theory. But it could be some explanation to how humans were able to build transformers relatively quickly depending on how long the time gap is between the third and fourth movies respectively. And he is supposedly seen later on in what is surmised to be a a battle taking place later in the movie meaning the possibility he survives the initial attack and manages to survive. Though I know this is based on speculation when these events take place in the movie which could easily be out of sequence. Just one theory. Take it for what its worth.

8. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What are those flying objects entering earth's atmosphere?

9. jgoss

jgoss transformers fan 4 life

trailer was incredible!! i can tell already that AOE is going to be AWESOME!!!!

10. Puffmaster98

Puffmaster98 alvin's hot juicebox

The section of my brain that is dedicated to Optimus Prime just overloaded.
    Optimus Prime has one scream, and when he uses it, crap hits the fan.

11. fallen_revenge

fallen_revenge Movie News Addict

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Is anyone going to watch 300: Rise of an Empire? Maybe they show a the teaser with a few different scenes.

12. Bahamut Prime

Bahamut Prime Even Kaiba supports 'em!

Looking forward to seeing Optimus vs. Grimlock! :D 

13. SuperGrimlock

"Grimlock must be stopped. No matter the cost..."

"Me Grimlock crush puny Optimus!" - "NEVER!"- Optimus screams and knocks Grimlock aside... like a boss...

"Why Optimus hit my nose?" Lol. I want just one "Me Grimlock" line in there somewhere. Come on he only said it 16x in TFTM. What's one time really gonna hurt in this one. I'm also curious if he will retain his fire breathing ability?

I'm also curious if those other new dinobots aren't added simply to be fodder in this movie so we can get all the five proper ones in the next movie. Just a thought. Though I do like the discount-not-bw-dinobot dinobot one that appears in the toy line.

14. HoneyPrime

HoneyPrime ♥♥ Smokescreen ♥♥

I have watched this trailer and the Superbowl one a few times (okay, more than a few times) and took some time to sort out my thoughts.

The Good:

It was an incredible trailer. CGI is looking better and better. I actually do like Optimus's new look. Optimus bitch slapping Grimlock was awesome. I think I'm going to really enjoy the new cast and some of the new bots. The story, so far, is looking very interesting.

The Bad:

I have never liked Movie Bee's look and I still don't. Maybe watching the whole movie will change my opinion.

Optimus being tortured upsets me. But when anything bad happens to him I tend to get upset. How can a being who tries so hard to do the right thing have so much bad shit happen to him?

KILLING RATCHET!!!!! BY HUMANS!?!?!? (if that's what actually happens). I was upset about Ironhide and I'm even more upset about Ratchet. Why do old favorites have to be killed off every movie???

Why in the world do these movies depict the Human race as a bunch of unappreciative, asinine D*bags. I'm getting kinda tired of that theme.

I'm going to be right there with everyone else in the movie theater with my popcorn and soda taking in the new movie. But at this point in time I really can't say I'm over the top excited like I was about the other 3.

Maybe I'm just getting old and grumpy. I did turn 51 today (March 6. I just noticed it's after midnight). meh.

15. Timothy.R

Timothy.R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i agree. i like primes new look.. i just wish he still had his chest windows.. or had more discernible truck parts on him.. but that's a something that can be said for all of the bots in AOE.. his evasion robot mode looks great, at least from what i can see.

i actually have enjoyed all of bumblebee's looks so far, except for his face, i'm just not a big fan of it.. but his battle mask in this movie just looks absolutely incredible. it's just plain awesome. i REALLY hope his deluxe figure has the battle mask deployed.. though i'm almost certain it won't.

well.. that's what happens when good guys try to rid the world of bad guys lol.

while i like ratchet a bunch.. i think his death will add more feeling to the movie.. hopefully it's handled better than ironhides death was. personally, i like ironhide better.. but still, ratchet has lasted all 3 movies so far, so hopefully his death is a bigger deal than ironhides was.

and duh.. apparently it's super easy for humans to kill bots.. barricade, starscream, blackout, and megatron were all killed by humans.. and shockwave was severely damaged by them. it's a shame such major decepticons were all killed by humans.. that's one of my major complaints about the movies.. too many humans killing major bad guys.

to this day.. i still CRINGE at the end of the first movie when prime says "i'm sorry brother".. .. what the hell is prime sorry for, prime was getting his ass handed to him and was on the brink of suicide.. sam killed megatron.

man, i TOTALLY agree with you.. it does get tiring after a while.. it happens in so many movies too.

oh well, i guess we'll have to see how this works. for some reason there always has to be a human antagonist in a TRANSFORMERS movie. first there was sector seven.. then there was dylan, and now there's kelsey grammer and whole new team of a holes.

to be perfectly honest.. i'm more excited for this one than the other three.. even though it's not a reboot.. it still feels like they're starting over.. a new cast, a new story ark, a lot of new robots.. it's exciting.. i just wish i was more excited for the toy line.. i think that's the thing i'm least excited about.. especially considering all of the painting i'm going to have to do on my own lol.

16. HoneyPrime

HoneyPrime ♥♥ Smokescreen ♥♥

Um, I don't really appreciate the "and duh" part. I know humans can kill Transformers. I guess I didn't express myself well. He's being killed by humans, you know, the exact same species he's doing his best to protect. I guess I'm a little disgusted by that. It doesn't seem fair or right.

And I agree, to many Decepticons (and now Autobots) are being killed too easily by humans. It's good humans can hold there own against them, but in the movies it does seem a bit much.

17. SuperGrimlock

Because in the end we are the true monsters... duh-dun-dun...

Humans destroy themselves and their planet much like how Cybertronians were doing. Though our reasons are a bit more selfish and ignorant in nature, strictly argumentative. The theme of humans always seeking higher sophisticated technologies and turning them into weapons are pretty much the way the human race rolls. And a higher sophisticated form of life living on earth with the potential ability to rule over humans, who for the better part dont like to not be the top of the food chain would seek technology to eradicate said potential threat under the disguise that we are defending ourselves. People fear what is alien to them, and its easy to turn that fear to hatred and use that to whatever means. So humans acting like douchebags in the name of potential self preservation is not a far gone conclusion. Take the current situation with the Ukraine. One move by a group upsets the whole balance. Imagine if it were decepticon invading. Do you really think any government would really care about distinguishing between Autobot and decepticon? The u.s. govt put people of Asian decent in camps back in ww2. Their own citizens. Did they care? Nope. Humans are not known for their trusting abilities when it comes to survival. And that's mainly when its at war with itself. Suffice to say, I can't imagine the atrocities that would be committed against an alien species. An alien species would be deemed not having any rights, dangerous, and untrustworthy. Yes it sucks. I agree. But sometimes its painful to look in a mirror and see the truth that lies within. Progress is being made slowly. But humans are still a young race as Optimus said. In time, who knows what we could become. I for one like the theme in the movie. Its a reminder of the fact that men can be just as evil, as he can be good. Sorry for the long drawn out answer. I respect and agree with you the theme does suck but I do believe it gets the point across that there are good men and evil men. The bad part is they don't have decepticon and Autobot symbols to help you tell them apart. There can not be no light without dark to quote Legend.

18. Biotoakid

Biotoakid Whew what an old username

News Credits:
    HAHAHA this movies gonna be so damn bad you can already tell by the trailer. You can clearly see who's gonna be the throwaway comic relief that disappears halfway through the movie
    [​IMG]

Marky Mark gets set off about Texas and not messing with people in it and the reaction is pushing his daughter over a wagon
    [​IMG]
    Not the first person he's pushed over a wagon

A characters death is spoiled in the fucking trailer
    [​IMG]
    There wasn't enough room for another Ratchet toy sorry

The girls bf is going to say nothing and just piop up why is he here, whole trailer he says nothing.
    [​IMG]

And the American flags out the ass wow I counted 8

This movies going to be no dif than the others

19. Puffmaster98

Puffmaster98 alvin's hot juicebox

Can this guy see the future? Because he sure seems to know a lot about this movie. WAY more than anybody else.

I also like how everybody ignores all the good parts of it

20. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    But people always say "don't expect the next Bay movie to be any different from the others"....