Official Transformers: Age of Extinction Teaser Trailer

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Heat Guy, Mar 4, 2014.

1. MNsor

MNsor Well-Known Member

Looks promising to me. Oh well they all did...
    Bots look terrific, and I like the idea of Walberg having Optimus in his garage. Not sure how I feel about the Iron Cloud of Doom that brings distruction over town or the yo-yo ships...
    Of one thing Im sure though: "daaaaaaad!" is the new "Saaaaam!"

2. raptor22

raptor22 @TFBotShots on IG

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    +1

3. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Rosso Corsa

The Optimus/Cade garage scene looks like it'll make for a very charming moment in the film. I really feel that ROTF and DOTM lacked that type of element.

4. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wonder if Optimus was able to knock Grimlock out of the way so easily with that shield thing he has? Maybe it has special powers?

5. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I appreciate the respect people have for the comics, but don't think for a micro second that if they were offered the keys to selling millions of more issues to millions of new people that they wouldn't take that key and run with it.

6. WTDylio

WTDylio Where is Jessica Hyde?

News Credits:
    Still not really as excited for this as I was for the last films (honestly I keep forgetting it's even coming out), but still, this looks like it could be fun, the fight with Grimlock looks like it could (hopefully) be great, although the CGI at that part, particularly when focusing on Optimus, looked kind of unfinished.
    I've got absolutely no idea what the heck the story for this film is either, nor who most of the characters are, hopefully i'll be pleasantly surprised when I go see

EDIT: Oh, and Stanley Tucci's (I also had no idea he was in this either, wow) character saying "we don't need you". Again? Really? They doing this subplot again, for the third time?

7. s0undwave1995

s0undwave1995 Member

so the number on the billboard is an actual number for the movie, if you call it its a short PSA 855-363-8392

8. Kungfu Dinobot

Kungfu Dinobot Well-Known Member

Well....

Chris Ryall tried to pull McCarthy in for an epic summer blockbuster in comic form(a cynic might call it butthole ointment for sexually abused transfans), but it was pretty hard to maintain a luster when it took 1 year to complete:rolleyes2 

9. hp139

hp139 New Member

Does anyone else think the green robot is Ratchet at the ship scene???

10. SMS55

SMS55 Well-Known Member

You make some good points. One of the producers of the franchise said that these movies weren't made for the fans the Transformers have. I know we want 2 hours of just robots, with extensive footage on Cybertron and while that is not economically feasible. These movies were made to attract new fans. I for one hate so much military involvement and that the military can stop the Transformers, but there needs to be a large human presence if it is to appeal to the masses.

11. Scypris

Scypris Fire in another hole!

News Credits:
    I thought the same thing too, its either him or Crosshairs

12. Hellmutt

Hellmutt Well-Known Member

Holy balls!!! Now this is transformers!!

13. Hellmutt

Hellmutt Well-Known Member

Hence the name "Teaser Trailer"

14. wheeljack359

wheeljack359 Master Technician

Ebay:
    "I think I will like this movie I think I will see it" = " I hate this movie and after I see it I will probably not like it" = $$$$$$The movie rakes in cash$$$$$$$.

Im the Biggest G1er here but I still can appreciate the new ideas.

The key is think of the movies as a different series i.e: R.I.D. and Energon and Prime etc....

The arguing (in either direction) makes no sense to me since we are all Transformer enthusiasts.

Oh and to weigh in on the Grimlock vs Prime scene If Grimlock is running full bore at prime then Prime has the advantage to use Grimlocks momentum against him. Also a good shot to the side of the head might knock anybody down but I doubt that was the end of the fight. 2 badass bots fighting = AWESOME!!!!!!!

15. grimtnt

grimtnt Paradox

ratchet death scene ?

Attached Files:

16. fallen_revenge

fallen_revenge Movie News Addict

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    YES, the green robot in the boat is RATCHET!

17. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's definitely Ratchet.

18. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Keep in mind I have no idea what WOULD be a way to make Transformer comics that much more popular... I would probably say it was impossible to get movie heights of financial success with a comic. I'm just saying that IDW would do it if they could, just like Paramount and Bay are sticking to the money making movie formula until that money dries up.

Who knows, maybe everyone who says they hate the movies will not actually go to see this one... but I think it will still make money. Either way I know I will have fun seeing it and get hyped like I always do. Anyone with any amount of balanced judgement should at least acknowledge that the 3 movies we got differ in quality, the first being generally considered ok, the second everyone hating yet it had more on screen time with robots, and the third got better. So there is a chance this one could be better by critical standards.

My own standards and expectations for THIS movie line is that I want to see transformers fighting and doing some awesome things and I think I will get that.

19. Silk Spectre

Silk Spectre The Evil Queen

This girl won't be. I went ahead and watched DOTM in theaters and it disappointed the hell out of me, and was basically the straw that broke the camel's back. Not going to get burned paying to see a Bay Transformers film at the theater again. I can wait until I can watch it for free.

I've gotten a lot more selective about going to the theater and there's no sense in me seeing something I expect I won't enjoy.

There are a lot of different types/versions of Transformers and one can be a TF fan without liking a specific iteration. I watched a handful of Energon episodes and quit and will never attempt to watch it again, let alone be purchasing the dvds.

I started out as a movieverse fan. That was my "in" into Transformers. I loved the first movie and ROTF at least had a bit of an adventure feel to it and it can be fun to watch in spite of being a mess, but I hated DOTM. With the same director and writer, it's not a stretch for me to believe it will be more of the same.

And I'm really super sick of God mode Prime, and don't care to see the Dinobots treated like dogs, the way Sam ended up treating Bumblebee. As far as the rest of the TFs? I'm sure they have one cool scene and that's it. I'm not expecting a radically different movie from the last two, and that's why this time I'm not paying to see this at the theater.

I will absolutely give the movie credit, though, for most likely having a much better lead character in Mark's Cade than Shia's Sam.

20. VPTwarrior

VPTwarrior Warrior

Ebay:
    I like the involvement a little, its good to have a reason the transformers can stay hidden as well as people who know and help they stay hidden or hunt them, what I don't like is that the human main characters take up most of the screen time when most of us could not give even a negative shit about them and barely get to know the ones that look cool that are not optimus and bumblebee. Also I hope sideswipe isn't dead too, Ratchet might be though. My only worries is that they are gonna pull the same bullshit that the third movie was with humans using normal guns to kill them or even harm them and fights being totally one sided when it comes to deceptions, it was so bad seeing the entire decepticon hierarchy get killed in the most pathetic and one-sided fights, poor starscream got the worst of it. Though thankfully the trailer seems to show otherwise with Optimus getting his side blown out and the superbowl trailer showing him captured. I also hope they give reasons for optimus's upgrades.