Official Transformers: Age of Extinction Teaser Trailer

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Heat Guy, Mar 4, 2014.

1. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Thank you for your bravery.

2. Kungfu Dinobot

Kungfu Dinobot Well-Known Member

Really? I thought he was just spouting canned tripe.

3. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That was pretty cool.

Optimus smacked the $#!+ out of Grimlock:eek: 

Grimlock had better watch out, Optimus doesn't play around; this guy is known for taking faces, spinal cords and sparks.

4. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    who's to say that's not brave? :lol 

5. Smashs

Smashs Internet: Pure Truth Moderator

News Credits:
    So, is it safe to assume you all have called the 855 number? I dunno why, but I get a big kick out of stuff like that.

6. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    I think the "released with 300" was just speculation on everyone's part. Never actually confirmed, as far as I know.

But if there is a trailer with 300, it's 99.999999% certain it will be this one.

7. Kungfu Dinobot

Meh, I've seen people with the BALLS to trash the Nolanverse.

Akumaxv's just recycling old tropes from, like 7 years ago.

8. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    love ppl saying its all the same blah blah blah, as if you can see into the future and know exactly how the movie will turn out.

if that is the case please let me know the winning numbers for the megamillions this friday.

9. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    It's got a great vibe, similar to the first/second film's trailers: a montage of action scenes going down with a robotic theme pounding on, leading to a money-making major scene.

But I don't know, something's missing... it doesn't seem to be much fun anymore, it's more some dark stuff about alien invasions, human corporations hunting and killing Autobots and their human allies... I'm sorry, this looks to be too dark for me.

I'll still watch it though for the action. When Optimus pimp-slaps Grimlock I was like :D 

10. Basilisk

Basilisk It will give you infinite pleasure!

:rock  This was an awesome trailer!

11. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Peace through Tyranny!!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    IM part of the Problem?!?!?

LMAO...

Im not filling posts with whine...

12. Kungfu Dinobot

Didn't you know? Bayverse fans are actually funding Al-Queda terrorism or something:lol 

13. Basilisk

Basilisk It will give you infinite pleasure!

Bayverse fans smh you don't even know teh real trensfarmars.

14. Rob

Rob IDW FOREVER

News Credits:
    In my opinion (didn't like the other movies so take that as you will);

Pros; the design look much nicer with their humanoid shapes and vibrant colors (it took them 4 movies to correct this, even though the fandom complained about this issue when the first film prototypes were leaked. Then in 2nd movie critics complained about the designs)

The Cons; it looks like more of the same, guy finds old vehicle, down on his luck turns out to be transformer, human authority wants to take robot away. Scientist/intellectuals types are wrong and cowardly. Transformers do not function like an organized militia.

If you like it more power to you, but it's just not what I want in a transformers' movie, but then again what I would want would not make much money in the box office.

15. LastOfThePrimes

LastOfThePrimes Well-Known Member

What's a trensfarmars?

16. BeeOtch217

BeeOtch217 Ha Ha You're a Mini-Con!

News Credits:
  17. rwalsh17

rwalsh17 Active Member

cautiously optimistic

I dig the tone of the trailer, and I especially like that Cade is more of a working class hero than a privileged upper class douche like Sam (and his dad) from the first three. That "everyman" factor is what made Spike and Sparkplug so relatable in G1.

But the idea of one robot significantly smaller than Grimlock being able to knock him aside with one blow to the face is ridiculous. I realize that Bay is trying to make Optimus look like the ultimate baddass with that scene, but the reason Optimus makes a better leader than Grim is because Optimus is smarter, and can fight using more than just brute force. If one smaller robot, Optimus or not, can simply knock a charging Grim aside with one blow, than he's not exactly as big of a threat as he appears. That shot makes Grimlock look like a wuss.

Hoping this is better than the last two though.

18. O.Supreme

O.Supreme Defender of the Ark

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I am 38 years old, and have been a fan literally since the beginning. I dont like to be branded as one "type" of fan or another, though I do lean towards most things involving the original series. That being said, the trailer looked fun & exciting. I am kind of having that feeling of hope & anticipation I did prior to the first film. RoTF & DoTM did not give me the same feeling. I think those films are ok, for dumb popcorn fun, but this appears to have a bit more substance akin to the first film. I hope I am not proven wrong when it comes out. In both the original animated series & comics, Prime basically had to either defeat Grimlock in a fight, or prove his superior strength somehow to earn his loyalty and that of the Dinobots. Looks like this film has a slight nod to that.

19. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    I like that people are still bitching about how Bay has ruined the franchise some 7 years after the first movie came out. Have you looked around lately? Transformers appeal to more people now than any other time in history, and it's partially due to the success of the films. Are they excellent filmmaking? Absolutely not. But they pumped new energy into this franchise.

And honestly, some can argue that "The Transformers" deserves better, but in reality, it was a poorly-animated cartoon from the 80's, designed to sell toys, with a few writing and plot lines that make the movie screenplays look Oscar-worthy, and that most people only fondly remember while wearing their nostalgia blinders, and cranking up their Vince DiCola album as far up as speakers allow. We should feel lucky they arrived on the big screen in any form. Hollywood doesn't owe us fans anything.

The movies at least reigned in a new era, with fresh designs and redesigns. We now have Transformer designs out the ass, to fit the tastes of pretty much everyone. Some people will like movie (like myself), some people will like G1 and/or Beast Wars (also like myself), some people will like Animated (not like myself). There's never going to be a particular design that everyone loves, and some of you really need to get over that.

And those of you who complain about how bad these movies are, no one is forcing you to watch them. If you want to see G1, there's 4 seasons of it on DVD and Netflix. I'm sure someone will say that it's a two-way street, but honestly, the movie fans are hardly as vocal about hating on past incarnations. It's seldom you'll see a movie fan dive into the Masterpiece forum, and calling things "garbage" left and right, yet any thread made anywhere on this site about anything movie-related becomes a battle zone because of G1 or other fans who do exactly this. Hell, even anything Beast Wars related.

News flash: Times change. This fandom was built around things that can change. If it stayed exactly the same, it would become stale and die. The franchise is just doing what it can to keep up with the world.

"Change isn't good or bad, it just is." - Mad Men

20. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think it looks fun and glad to have something to keep the Transformers franchise popular to the masses. Unless there's a different movie this year with Optimus backhanding a metal alien T-Rex, this should be the most entertaining movie this year.