Official Transformers: Age of Extinction Teaser Trailer

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Heat Guy, Mar 4, 2014.

1. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    HA! I knew Ratchet would be in the movie!
    Also, there's your proof that the CGI is unfinished. That one front shot of Lockdown's ship has new lights on it that weren't there before. And in that close-up of Optimus' face, he moves a little bit differently, and the texture is crisper.

And holy hell, Grimlock looks goddamn amazing. It looks like he's a monstrous beast that the Autobots learn to control after an initial hostile... meeting.

Stinger has to be a human-built Transformer, too. Look how still "he" is when he is shown.

2. OMEGA PRIME12

OMEGA PRIME12 Sentianl Order Leader

This actually looks like a tolerable Michael bay film but then again that's what i said when i saw the trailers for the second and third films...the trailer throws the problem that prime faces in the film and only a few hints as of why they are being hunted...and imagine unicron in the hands of James Cameron....that is a movie that we will deserve

3. pitt55

pitt55 Well-Known Member

Not looking good, didn't really have hopes or expectations for this but that trailer did NOT help whatsoever.
    It's more of the same, hot chick, slow-mo running explosion shot, Optimus face-ripping.
    I thought Bay teased early on that there was going to be some new direction or setting or element to it that justified the things existence. What was that, the Dinobots? Pfftt..........

4. DoubleYouTeeEff

DoubleYouTeeEff Well-Known Member

What's with the over saturated colors? Trying to make it "cartoony"?

5. ZeroMayhem

ZeroMayhem Henshin a Go-Go Baby!

Just because something has saturated colors doesn't make it "cartoony".

6. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

The Kreo Sideswipe is obviously Leadfoot. Leadfoot was seen during filming.

7. lucas maximus

lucas maximus Need more Kain...

yep, definitely looks nothing more than a rehash of the last one, but with different characters. how original....

8. BidoofdudeofOz

BidoofdudeofOz The Stench of Discovery

Optimus: Not today bitch

9. Catatronic

Catatronic Banned

That was awesome! I loved the first 3, gonna love this one too.

Too bad the toy line is shit.:( 

10. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

11. AdamLV0489

AdamLV0489 Well-Known Member

WOW!!!! AWESOME!!!

Is that Ratchet (1:25) and Dino (1:31)???!!!

12. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan The Sept of Kaon

News Credits:
    This is looking alright! I always like Prime-Grimlock power struggle dynamics! Looks like primes not fucking about in the movie verse!

13. Coaxial

Coaxial Hop on the beam

Definitely a solid and exciting trailer. And I have to say - as someone who still loves Movie 1, finds ROTF to be an embarrassing yet entertaining hot mess and hates DOTM overall for endless reasons, AOE looks pretty damn good so far. I'm definitely keeping my expectations in check, but I like what I'm seeing.

14. BigPhill

BigPhill Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    When's it out???

I was pretty Meh' about it all, but now I'm looking forward to it.

15. MV95

MV95 @marlinfan1995 Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    The logic in this post... I do not see it.

16. fathi_haziq

fathi_haziq Petrolhead

News Credits:
    Optimus Prime sounds like Liam Neeson when he screams. :p 

17. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Something puzzles me when Optimus bust out of the shed he's red and blue not white so does he revert to his 2011 body when he bust out or is he a red truck when he transforms back - He shouldn't be as there was no red truck on set.

And in the teaser you can clearly see the 2011 body - so is that from a flash back exposition scene or pre-titles sequence before Optimus is disguised as a junker truck.

Looking at what the Trailer shows I'm guess it's exposition.

Why would a Pagani be in the same show room as a custom 60's Camero ?

Oh and Mr. Bay - throwing girls over radio Flyer carts isn't menacing it's laugh out loud stupid. It's like someone tripping over a skateboard.

Oh and Nicola Peltz as Tessa Yeager may actually be smart casting for once as she's quite well "Normal" looking compared to say Rosie or Megan. (or to put it another way she's only a little odd looking compared to those two)

I think it's interesting that the trailer is well so "Boring" is that Bay trying to make the movie look serious. (Hard to do that with Grimlock in it).

Oh well it might turn out to be a dull movie with dinosaur sprinkles and no decent villans - but at least it might be a little less slapstick (hopefully).

Oh and I hate the guys in suits already from just those few lines of dialogue... but one has to ask Autobots , guys did you consider going to one of the 150+ Countries in the world that lacks an American presence. (guess not).

18. Rhinox007

Rhinox007 Liquid Fire

I'm surprised no-one is complaining about how easy OP knocked Grimlock off his feet. I'd almost say Grimlock intentionally jumped out of the way to please Prime. Judging the size difference, Op's punch should have only pushed Grim's face in a different direction, not sending his entire body flying and setting of the Chinese New Year Fireworks...

Nice scene nonetheless and looking forward to it:p 

19. Shodax

Shodax Wrecker

Ebay:
    YouTube:
    It's amazing...

It's amazing just how different our views can be of the very same subject. I absolutely loved the original film! ROTF was a decent movie, however the script and its overall plot needed a few more run throughs before production. Additionally, I hated the depiction of the Constructicons and the Twins in ROTF... Honestly, I am usually ok with the movie-verse interpretations. Now don't get me wrong I do prefer the aesthetics and characterizations of the Generations/IDW series over the movie line, however I do believe that many of the live action models have merit. I also understand that change is inevitable, and you can die fighting against the current or enjoy going with the flow, I prefer the latter.

My issue with both the original film and ROTF was simply the fact that the HUMANS were used as the primary focus of those scripts. However, in DOTM the focus was on the Autobots and Decepticons which is how it should be... The amount of script lines for both the Bots and Cons in DOTM were more than the orginal film and ROTF combined, and I am holding hope that AOE takes that even further! Needless to say DOTM was far and away my favorite of the series, although the first was epic there just wasn't enough time to flesh out the characters and their story.

20. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan The Sept of Kaon

News Credits:
    Primes just using grimlocks own weight against him! It's textbook! :D