Official Transformers: Age of Extinction Teaser Trailer

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Heat Guy, Mar 4, 2014.

1. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    Dammit, gonna be mad if that was Ratchet being shot at by humans. Dude survives three movies trying to save humanity only to do be done in by them; that would suck. I'm still hoping he gets a bigger than Voyager toy this time around (c'mon, Weaponizer-size Ratchet).

2. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
  3. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Bounty Hunter

News Credits:
    I definitely think the new cast is wayyy better. I can tell I'm going to care for these characters far more than Shia LaBeouf, and the old cast, Although I'm not really impressed with Nicola Peltz.

4. charsdc2

charsdc2 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    No wonder Ratchet showed up on set!

5. Karbyde

Karbyde Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    113 days and counting.... >B€

6. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It looks better than ROTF and DOTM

7. Red Goblin

Red Goblin Veteran

News Credits:
    I was keeping my hopes up, but now I think casting Nicola was a very bad idea.

8. Kungfu Dinobot

Kungfu Dinobot Well-Known Member

Looks better than High Moon's trailers at any rate:p 

9. SuperGrimlock

SuperGrimlock Cybertron Driver License

I have an army... -Lockdown

We have Grimlock - Optimus Prime

Just throwing that out there

10. Soundkaiser

Soundkaiser 3D Animator And Windblade's Conjunx Endura

News Credits:
    EPIC!
    1. I hope Ratchet doesn't die though, kinda felt bad seeing him getting blown away
    2.Who put the bounty on Optimus!
    3. How do humans possibly make pitch A perfect copies of Cybertronians, even with 3-4 years of studying their anatomy, IT AINT THAT EASY
    Really its hard to look at this movie and see the same race of aliens from the first movie, feels fresh and very VERY different, even DOTM didn't feel this.......... I donno, Mysterious and dynamic
    I.....I.......I LIKE IT!!!!!!!!

11. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

I think that is mainly because there are more bright colored robots this time around instead of several black and grey ones.

12. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde Lord High Governor

News Credits:
    That, was, awesome! :D  I've been watching it over and over again. I really like how this came out.

13. Axilus Prime

Axilus Prime Well-Known Member

...That turned around my previous opinion on AOE. I now think it stands a very good chance at being a good movie.

14. a person

a person Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Who'd have thought the girl from The Last Airbender would be a bad casting choice?! :D 

15. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

I think that the leader of these evil humans used to work for Sector 7. It would provide a good explanation on how humans could build their own transformers so quickly. That person would have studied them for years and reverse-engineered other machines from Megatron. After the Chicago battle, there was probably a lot of dead Decepticons just lying around with parts integral to transforming ready to be salvaged.

16. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Now if I just enjoyed the full movies as much as the trailers.

17. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Both complaints are valid, because these movies struggle with producing a fight with its own narrative of beginning, middle, end.

In 2007, Optimus did seem like a poor fighter. He gets to one-shot Bonecrusher, but since Bonecrusher was on screen so briefly it could have been Bonecrusher being a wimp, rather than Optimus being strong. Optimus spends the entire rest of the movie being Megatron's punching bag; the one good hit he gets in is obscured by camerawork, and he spends half the time begging Sam to facilitate his suicide. He did not come off well.

In 2009, we got the Forest Fight that completely redeemed OP as a fighter without stretching credibility too much. We saw OP take punishment but then rally and wail on three guys honestly, no camera tricks or dodgy choreography. At this point we could shrug and say 2007 was a bad day or the wrong sort of motivation.

In 2011, OP feels unstoppable. Shockwave holds him off briefly but the way the scene is staged it looks like a lucky shot, an unearned bit of luck for the 'cons. He slaughters his way through one dozen Decepticons and tears Shockwave apart without breaking a sweat. Sentinel actually beats him, but even then with a bit of cheating (having a whole fleet of fighters unload on him first). And then after a comprehensieve beating that cost him about 20% of his body mass, Optimus slaughters a fresh Megatron, with, again, the teeny bit of a fight Megatron begins to think about putting up being mostly obscured by camera angle.

Optimus is the Superman of these movies now. He wins comprehensively or loses massively. This is only the same problem that every Transformers and Superman story has (because a character is required to be both all-powerful and the viewpoint character) EXCEPT exacerbated by the fact that every other Transformer in the film universe is way underdeveloped.

So Optimus Prime kicking all the ass actually does feel obnoxious, which doesn't take away from the fact that he really doesn't accomplish shit in movie 1. Overcompensating is still bad.

Anyway, on topic, I liked the trailer but it feels like it's going to be a disjointed movie. The Autobots are hiding from people, only to later on armor up like knights and beat up a bunch of figurative dragons, and we have all these villains but suddenly they are playing sceond fiddle (as they must) to ANOTHER mass Decepticon invasion. Make up your miiiiind.

18. Kungfu Dinobot

Kungfu Dinobot Well-Known Member

So in the other words.....

Star Wars. The Original Trilogy.

Works for me!:p 

19. BeeOtch217

BeeOtch217 Ha Ha You're a Mini-Con!

News Credits:
    King of Dinobots > King of Monsters

Move over Godzilla!

20. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    I realized something. I think who ever is in a set of AOE Kreo will be a Transformer in the AOE movie. Optimus is in it, Bumblebee is in it, Hound is in it, Drift is in it, and Crosshairs is in it. They were all Autobots that are in the movie and they are also in the Kreo Sets. Also We saw Ratchet in this trailer and he is also in a Kreo set. So maybe Sideswipe is in this movie too.