Official Sales, Deals, and Coupons Thread- Rules in First Post

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Matty, Nov 19, 2010.

1. Exodus

Exodus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What method are you using to try and pay for it? I had to use a cc, wouldn't let me use PayPal.

2. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):

The details show to use CC or debit.

• Like Like x 1
  3. OptimusTarzan

OptimusTarzan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Doesn't work for me. I have 1 item for $45.00 in cart, paid with credit card.

4. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):

That's two of us. Looks like an issue on Ebay's side.

5. roguesaint

roguesaint Reconnaissance Expert

News Credits:
    that’s really bad on eBay’s part then, since this was a promotion marketed to customers to get $5 off for adding a CC.

literally as I was typing this I got another notification through the app for “$5 off item X” from my watchlist.

I Had to buy some printer supplies yesterday and nearly used the coupon until I realized what is was asking for in order to use it. I declined the offer bc I’m still salty about ebay forcing me as a seller to switch from PayPal to eBay payments…also as a seller they already have my bank account number and SS number. I’m assuming They want a credit card number as well because statistically, you are more likely to buy something you want on impulse irregardless of whether have the money for it if you attach your credit card as a payment option. The more payment options you have attached = more likely to purchase when the time comes.

YMMV but it seems like a marketing tactic targeted at taking advantage of buyer behavior more so than genuinely creating value for the consumer. Then again, maybe I’ve been reading too many marketing books lately and am jumping at shadows (shrug).

• Like Like x 3
  6. OCProwl

OCProwl Autobot Dad

News Credits:
    When I used the code there was a checkbox to "save to account" - I made sure it was not selected when I completed checkout.

The promo merely requires using a CC, saving to your account is optional.

• Like Like x 2
  7. RichP

RichP Slick Doohickey

Instagram:
    Do they have free shipping?

8. Effigy

Effigy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    On some things. If its in stock the order has to exceed $50. If its a pre order its only for certain things. You cant combine lower priced pre orders to get free shipping. Unless its something sold together like a full wave of figures.

• Like Like x 1
  9. RichP

RichP Slick Doohickey

Instagram:
    Thanks for the EE discount! I cancelled my 2 MP Skywarps and got $15 off each in separate orders with free shipping. Cancelled my amazon orders on 2 SS Slag, Ark and kingdom rodimus Prime and saved another $30 off. Thanks!!

Last edited: Jun 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  10. MonsterMash

MonsterMash Well-Known Member

Discover Card is having 5% cash back July to September when using PayPal.

Good time to pay off some of those preorders if you don't have anything to buy immediately during that time period.

Discover 5% Cash Back Calendar

• Like Like x 3
  11. RichP

RichP Slick Doohickey

Instagram:
    No idea. Sorry. I used it multiple times.

12. fujishig

fujishig Well-Known Member

Seems like 170 is the "new price," on Pulse too.

13. S0UNDWAVE

S0UNDWAVE Well-Known Member

If you sign up for Rakuten it's 3% cashback for EE right now. On a titan class it's a bit more and over time Rakuten definitely adds up.

• Like Like x 1
  14. OptimusTarzan

News Credits:
    This. I already got $4.35 back for ordering the Ark. Most ppl don't know/care or understand how Rakuten works.

• Like Like x 2
  15. HunterGreen2005

HunterGreen2005 In-Stock

News Credits:
    If anyone isn't familiar, Rakuten is a cash back app/browser extension.

You basically shop through their app/browser extension, and you typically get like ~1% cashback per qualifying purchase. When your cashback total hits a minimum of $5, you can transfer it to your PayPal.

I guess if you haven't used it before you can "Join today and get a $10 Welcome bonus when you spend $25.* *To qualify for a Welcome Bonus, you must be a new Member and make minimum qualifying purchases totaling at least twenty-five dollars ($25) within ninety (90) days of becoming a Member."

www.rakuten.com

So if you order Black Zarak and Autobot Ark separately with the $15 off $99 promo code from EE, you're spending $300 total and already saving $30 off MSRP. With Rakuten's EE 3% cashback, that's $9 plus an extra $10 welcome bonus if you qualify.

Is it more hassle than it's worth?

I dunno, but you are technically saving $49 off MSRP for both titans if you are already planning to get both.

Not bad.

I don't use Rakuten personally, but our family uses a similar app, iBotta for brick and mortar groceries.

Did you get your 3% back already even though EE hasn't charged you for the Ark?

• Like Like x 3
  16. OptimusTarzan

News Credits:
    Yes. I emailed them after 2 days. They asked for the order number, date of purchase and amount spent. I also had to copy and paste invoice. I do this on all orders if I don't cash back in 2 days. Because I noticed that sometimes I never get it and would forget. It's already in my account.

• Like Like x 1
  17. S0UNDWAVE

Rakuten, formerly eBates, is absolutely no hassle and it's really easy to use. This is coming from someone who probably doesn't even use their advancements well or bother to get the credit for his brick and mortar purchases. Essentially all you have to do is go to Rakuten first, log in, search for Entertainment Earth (or any other company you're shopping at, though not every company participates) and then click the link on Rakuten that takes you to EE. From their place your order. 3% isn't a lot, but it adds up over time. In about a decade I got over $1000 in cash back (I just have the checks mailed to me, but I think you have them deposited into PayPal as well) on purchases I was going to make regardless of Rakuten or not. Might not seem like a lot, but it's $1000+ plus I wouldn't have otherwise had and I can think of plenty of ways to spend that money and it takes at most an extra minute of my time. I just wish Discover had it's old version of this. Anyway, I've actually used the EE code and Rakuten on multiple orders this week.

• Like Like x 3
  18. S0UNDWAVE

Anyone know if EE charges you right away or when the item ships?

19. OptimusTarzan

News Credits:
    I place 2 preorders not shipped. One was 3 months ago. Haven't been charged yet so I assume they charge you when shipped. They did run my card for $1 when I placed the order, but the charge disappeared. I guess they wanted to see if the card was good.

20. AutobotJazz1

AutobotJazz1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 14