Official Runtime For Transformers Dadk Of The Moon!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by fallen_revenge, May 28, 2011.

1. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    The Runing time deserves one of these. :bay 

2. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

Well, they did have to cut all the twin's scenes out, so yeah, 134 sounds about right.

3. tobuttica

tobuttica Well-Known Member

You are just going on hearsay. Have you seen the movie and can confirm that it's worse than ROTF with the 16 minutes cut out of it. Can you confirm that the final battle is an hour plus. What you are doing is jumping to conclusions and being trollish just to throw your "opinion" out there and elicit responses from people you are trying to upset.

4. RebelMan

RebelMan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    TF = 2hrs 24mins
    ROTF = 2hrs 30mins
    DOTM = 2hrs 14mins

works for me :popcorn 

5. Mister Guy

Mister Guy Well-Known Member

Yep, in fact this guy reminds me of the troll that lurks on TFLAMB, who always says the movie is doomed because X reason (depending on what it is reported)

- Megan Fox isn't in DOTM, the movie is doomed because MB fired her.
    - 3D, the movie is doomed because much time and budget is expend on it.
    - The extra accident, the movie is doomed because of the lawsuit that will force them to cancel the production.
    - MB gives and interview, the movie is doomed and MB is just trying to control the rumors by stating otherwise.
    - The teaser, Daytona, etc. trailers... There are very few and too late, this means they haven't and won't finish the movie in time, the movie is doomed.

And now:
    - Some good reviews from seen footage, the movie is doomed so MB is paying people to say they're very good.
    - 15 min. less than previous movies, the movie is doomed because they won't be able to do much in the short span of 2 hours 14 minutes.

[​IMG]

6. sivart

sivart New Member

I just joined this board to reply to your very stupid statement. To say a movie will be awful because they've cut 15 minutes off of an already 2 hour runtime would be like saying the movie will be better because Bay added even more solar flares; it's erroneous. Does a ridiculously long runtime constitute a great movie to you? Where in the study of film have they found that the 3rd installment of a trilogy absolutely has to have the longest runtime, otherwise it's doomed to failure?

As stated by another user on this thread, the last movie would have hugely benefited if they would have cut out 15 minutes of the fart-and-dick jokes (or the Twins), so there.

In conclusion, longer does not mean better; less is always more. People like direct and to the plot without all the extra irrelevant BS that detours from the story. Now, I'm going to have to ask you to kindly sit your ass down with your misguided comments.

7. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

We should just forget this Chojin guy ever spoke on this thread.

8. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    Gentlemen, I implore you! We must deprive said troll of its sustenance! [/Joseph Ducreux]

9. Ruthie

Ruthie Well-Known Member

Huh?

Wha?

Sivart, Sivart, Sivart. While your response is well-thought and eloquent, it is also unworthy given Chojin's comments. I humbly suggest, Grasshopper, that you learn from Master Chris McFeely.

10. JosephIor

JosephIor kirbytron

All listen to chojin998, he's obviously the smartest person on the planet, and see the flaws where we don't.

*making "Vote for Chojin" flyers, t-shirts etc*

11. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    Eh, prob that trollish poster wont be back after TF3 has made GAZILLIONS and becomes this year's undisputed No.1 movie ever.

12. chojin998

chojin998 Well-Known Member

You can only insult me. That is a really childish attitude. You have nothing better to say than a series of insults.
    So insulting me turns this 3rd movie into a better product than what it really is?
    It looks way worse than the first two but you keep negating its flaws.
    That is rather silly after on this same forums as well other sites forums there were people bashing Michael Bay continously for the first two movies and telling that they were awful and they would have bombed boxoffice wise and so on and on, but that was just no true and many people worldwide recognized the quality the first two movies had.
    Now that this 3rd movie is really flawed you are here telling that it's the best of the trilogy despite the simple fact that there are a lot of issues with this movie already.
    And for whoever already read the official novel the fact this movie is a disappointment after the first two should be absolutely obvious, they even fired Alan Dean Foster and replaced him with Peter David that is cheaper and it shows on his writing.

Too many mistakes Michael Bay and Paramount did on this 3rd movie and it shows a lot. It could have been a movie better than the first two if they delayed it to a 2012 release as Michael Bay wanted but Paramount CEO forced Bay to film it immediately and Bay didn't put the same effort he always did on his previous movies, it shows that he didn't want to do this movie but obviously want to cash in as much as possible despite it just seems his most disappointing movie.

A shorter runtime for the 3rd movie of a trilogy surely is not a good sign. It shows that the production is not that confident of movie success and while for the first two movies nor Bay nor Paramount did care a little bit about negative critics reviews and competitors minions bashing the franchise everywhere, now for this 3rd movie they are paying critics to say some good things for this movie... It just means that they need to fool people into thinking that this movie is better than what it appears to be, it's a marketing trick to hide its flaws and it's a trick they didn't need to use for the first two movies because they were absolutely confident of having done an outstanding work. Not this time and it's just sad.

Also all those that were bashing the first two movies on these and other forums should be happy if this movies does worse financial wise than the first two so a reboot will come sooner than expected although Hasbro wouldn't be that happy with the result but they will move on maybe to some other studios and new directors and producers.

13. JosephIor

JosephIor kirbytron

[​IMG]

14. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    I have only one thing to say

TROOOOOOOOOOLL! TROOOOOOLL! THERE'S A TROOOOOOOOLL IN THE DUNGE-..er THREAD!!!

15. Overlord Balder

here.

16. chojin998

chojin998 Well-Known Member

Calling me a troll just proves that you really are little kids.
    You would like to but you can't find a way to negate the flaws I pointed out because this 3rd movie looks worse than the first two and you know it.

17. caldo15

caldo15 Banned

News Credits:
    Apparently he has seen the movie already, a month ahead of time, wow! he must have some connections

18. thebruteslayer

thebruteslayer Banned

News Credits:
    YouTube - ‪Schwarzenegger Screams in Kindergarten Cop‬‏

19. Overlord Balder

here.

20. rodriguez256

rodriguez256 Well-Known Member

If it looks so bad why do you come into these threads? When I don't like something I don't go looking for it on the Internet. People have gotten really stupid these days. Hey I hate Justin Beiber, so let me go to forums or YouTube videos about him and talk about how much I don't like him. Lol what a dumbass.