Official Ross/TJ Maxx/Marshalls/5 Below/Burlington/Ollie's/Big Lots New Instock Items Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by GrimlockAutobot, Sep 6, 2011.

1. KitchenerLeslie

KitchenerLeslie Well-Known Member

A bunch of Blaster with Eject at my Ollie's as well as a few Tigatron. I see Tigatron is now about $20 on Amazon, so I'm wondering if he'll go even lower there. One lone WFC Scorponok at my Ross. One thing I did notice, at Ross behind the toy section, there was some really cool-looking 3-d wall art for $9 or $10. Only saw Marvel and Nintendo properties, but it wouldn't surprise me if we saw some Transformers wall art in the future. Just something to check, for anyone interested. I myself got an awesome Zelda 3-d framed picture, saw an Alex Ross Marvel one too.

• Like Like x 3
  2. squawkbot

squawkbot Well-Known Member

The neon Back to the Future World Tour one is pretty sweet

• Like Like x 1
  3. Toyzaremine

Toyzaremine Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    deluxe scorponok?

• Like Like x 1
  4. SquishyOH

SquishyOH Spelling Chekcer

[​IMG]
    Gotta be this one at a Ross. I just don't see Ross stocking the Titan Class Skorponok. Plus I know I did see one of these deluxe sizes at a nearby Ross.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dexatronic

Dexatronic Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    why not? They had Trypticon before.

6. SquishyOH

SquishyOH Spelling Chekcer

Crud. I read Ross instead of Ollie's. You're right that Ollie's could very well have another Titan class.

Correction, the original poster mentioned both Ollie's and then finding a Skorponok at the local Ross. Phew... I'll believe that Ollie's would get Titans again, but I don't recall hearing that Ross ever got any Titans. I'll be happy to be corrected.

7. SoundwaveSuperior

SoundwaveSuperior "The Scourge of the Sky" (She/They)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Tumblr:
    Ross has indeed gotten Titans before: Trypticon and a small smattering of Fort Max.

That said, I'm pretty sure Leslie meant Kingdom Scorponok, given the unenthusiasm and the fact that we already know Kingdom Scorponok is showing up at Ross.

• Like Like x 3
  8. KitchenerLeslie

Yeah, it was Deluxe at Ross. One and no other Transformers. I checked a Ross a town over today and no Transformers at all. So fairly bare for Transformers.

9. KitchenerLeslie

One thing I did notice at the Ross a town over from me, I saw that Ross wasn't marking down some figures as much as the toys I'd gotten there in the past. I noticed a Dragonball Dragon Stars Vegeta only marked down five dollars from it's original MSRP. Though obviously they're from different toy companies, I hope this trend doesn't start applying to Transformers too. Something to keep an eye on....

10. KitchenerLeslie

And my bad, I should have specified Deluxe. I was away from my phone for most of the day. Didn't mean to get everyone's hopes up

11. SideswipeRight

SideswipeRight Well-Known Member

Just got an email about Ollie's buying out a fancy store and mentioning lots of toys brands including Hasbro.
    I'm guessing this is Macy's and a lot of their Christmas leftovers from last year.
    I'm going to try to head out this week to see what they have and will report back.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  12. heltskelt

heltskelt Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    A couple of weeks ago, I attended an event where the mayor of the city boasted about the new businesses coming to town. The audience went nuts when they heard “Flanigan’s”. Ollie’s, you mindless sheep! Where is our damn Ollie’s?! Some people’s priorities are all backwards, I tell ya.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Might Gaine

Might Gaine The Devil Express

News Credits:
    Target, actually, not Macy's. The brands are Target brands, and this was confirmed by an Ollie's employee on Reddit as well

Target is having daily auctions of truckloads of pallets of overstock inventory on a site called B Stock, and Ollies is buying some of them. The Yohmans Liquidation store mentioned a couple weeks ago in this thread is doing the same thing.

• Like Like x 1
  14. WeVoCoN

WeVoCoN Well-Known Member

They are a good tenant and occupy a larger footprint of commercial square footage, something that continues to be in ample supply. Like the dollar stores, they are nearly recession proof. They aren’t the kind of anchor tenant that draws other businesses to collocate, so they can’t on their own revitalize a shopping center, but they can also be a lifesaver to keep an underutilized center from becoming completely abandoned.

When they are new to the market, people get excited even though those same folks would look down their nose at a new Big Lots or more Dollar Stores. But none of these discount stores would be as successful as they are without the steady customer demand that supports them.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Starpilot949

Starpilot949 "This is where the transformers fun begins"

News Credits:
    So does this mean we'll see target exclusives at ollies? (Theres a target like 5 minutes away from my ollies, so im actually pretty excited. . . )

• Like Like x 2
  16. Slender102

Slender102 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah I heard Target as well. So far I’ve seen the Masters of the Universe Rise of Evil 2 pack show up there and I think someone found Road Rage there too.

17. Starpilot949

Starpilot949 "This is where the transformers fun begins"

News Credits:
    Ok coool! When does this sale start is the question?

18. Might Gaine

Might Gaine The Devil Express

News Credits:
    It's already started, but which inventory which store received is completely random. You could hit up 5 stores and find awesome stuff at each one, or you might only find garbage. This is pretty different from previous Ollie's toy buyouts, where each store got similar inventory.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Agent Prime 2814

Agent Prime 2814 Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Saw tigatron and rhinox only in mine today. They had motu masterverse he-man a ton and 1 lone skeletor. Plenty of Lando calrisian black series. And a ton of snake eyes origin basics and 12". Not much of anything else.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Sideswipe1954

Sideswipe1954 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My Ollies' fancy store buyout was a bunch of dolls, some preschool stuff, and Jurassic Word Dino Escape Dinos (Small and mid sized)

• Like Like x 1