Official Ross/TJ Maxx/Marshalls/5 Below/Burlington/Ollie's/99 Cent Stores New Instock Items Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by GrimlockAutobot, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Fridaytron

Fridaytron Pirate cat connoisseur

Twitter:
    Mine has Retrax!

• Like Like x 6
  2. krayzie

krayzie Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    last time i was there they still had some beast wars stuff

• Like Like x 3
  3. SharkticonGod

SharkticonGod Bad Comedy

News Credits:
    First off. Not Jealous. I could care less. This is not the Target thread and certainly not up for debate. If I spammed up this thread with all of my cheap finds Target or not it would fill pages and pages. Just sayin...

• Like Like x 6
  4. Heat Blast

Heat Blast Laserbeak's Stunt Double

News Credits:
    Did anyone confirm or deny if Vertebreak has been spotted at Burlington?

• Like Like x 3
  5. Tresob

Tresob Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Mine has Retrax, and some retro Terrorsaurs are still hanging around. And BW Monopoly. They also have some Bakugan which are Transformers-esque. And you never know what will show up in the graphic novels area or in those bags of old comics.

• Like Like x 3
  6. ZapRowsdower

ZapRowsdower Selling oddities in a shack. In the woods.

Preface that with "distance travelled". My local Ollie's is some 45-60 min away; Ollie's has nothing worth that drive right now (ever? :lol ).

But if u live 10-15 min away, feel free to waste a half hour on Retrax? :sly: 

Edit: No, don't!!! I forgot how Walmart.com can't sell that figure at $5.26! :lol  Trip is definitely not worth a Retrax purchase - that springy mess needs a Legacy update.

• Like Like x 2
  7. BenjaminXavier

BenjaminXavier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I saw the lime green guy today along with megatron and soundwave, but I think he has a different name

• Like Like x 1
  8. Tresob

Tresob Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I'm definitely not recommending someone drive an hour for the chance at any of those. And I agree, Retrax is pretty bleh. (I ordered one from Walmart when it was around $7...it's more of a novelty toy at this point.)

But I did want to post about the coupon in case anyone missed it in their e-mail.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Bryan Thornton

Bryan Thornton Well-Known Member

Various ross stuff, this is burleson tx store. I didnt get anything here. And those dang beast transformers that went to zero and then came back, seem to be multiplying again. I swear they must have cases of them in the back they are trickling out now slowly.
    1000008471.jpg 1000008469.jpg 1000008468.jpg 1000008467.jpg 1000008466.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  10. Tresob

Tresob Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Bryan Thornton

All these fortnite guys are the wrong scale for me. I don't do 3.75 figures.

• Like Like x 2
  12. KibblerGrrrl

KibblerGrrrl Zealous mini-cassettes & fembots evangelist

Thanks everyone who offered to help. I found a new Skullgrin on eBay for only $12.50 + sales tax with free shipping.

And I finally remembered why I wanted Skullgrin: if Quake in United wave 4 is a retool/partial of Skullgrin, maybe I can use a second Quake's parts to customize Skullgrin into a better tank alt.

• Like Like x 3
  13. twilightgod

twilightgod Well-Known Member

what's the price of RED optimus prime?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Patient Shockwave

Patient Shockwave Well-Known Member

The Ross employee I know, he's worked at a bunch of different ones, he told me that the trucks unload early in the morning, and unlike a Target or how Toys R Us used to do it, restocks don't happen randomly during the day as well. He said if the store opens at 9AM, whatever you see at 9AM is what they'll have until the next truck comes in on another day and they have mostly no idea what will be on it.

Anecdotally, of course, from last year, I got to my local Ross at like 9:15 AM before, just got there early, no real planning or scheduling. When I was walking in, a guy was already in line with two of the Black Series Rey light sabers. The FX ones. I wasn't looking for the item ( but I acknowledge it's pretty cool and another collector told me the discounted price was very excellent for a nice lightsaber like that) But my best guess is a Ross can be cleaned out of the good stuff in basically the first ten minutes it's open. So a guy coming in at 3PM in the afternoon might think that place is always dry because he only sees the same peg warmers over and over again.

I've also been told that sometimes an employee is a collector and a "good location" is basically tapped out completely then. Or the employee has a private deal with a local "comic book shop owner" , for those that have survived, and not much gets on the peg. I knew a former Toys R Us employee, this was years and years ago. He told me someone he worked with got fired because they got caught putting figures/stuff under the bottom shelf in some aisles. I guess the guy was getting cash from a local comic book shop owner, and he would stash hard to find items for him, and the owner would come by later and check under the shelf to get them. I think they got caught because obviously if you keep looking under a shelf in a big store , and do it over and over, eventually someone is going to figure out something is not right.

I know some local collectors who still "toy hunt", and they won't go into a store if they can't get there when it opens. They don't want to waste the gas. Etc, etc.

Your main Ross, if you have one, might be more fruitful than you think, it's just being hit hard in the first ten minutes every day.

• Like Like x 8
  15. therealsharky

therealsharky Well-Known Member

I think it's really a case by case basis. Some stores do things differently. I've personally seen, when I was checking Ross everyday, employees stocking in the morning and later in the afternoon. I've also been to Ross many times around lunchtime and later after work I'll see new stuff on the shelves. I've seen this same thing at several stores in my area.

• Like Like x 8
  16. SharkticonGod

SharkticonGod Bad Comedy

News Credits:
    Most of my ROSS operate like a thrift store and put stuff out as the day goes. Very rarely have I ever seen anything out before the store opens if ever. In fact most of the time when I ask about toys they tell me to come back in a few hours.

• Like Like x 6
  17. BenjaminXavier

BenjaminXavier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'll agree with the previous folks. I've been buying toys at Ross for 20 years and have lived in three completely seperate parts of the country (4 states, two coasts) and frequently hit multiple ross stores in a single day when hot stuff was hitting, and I've seen them stocking during the work day more often than not. I've also watched my local sighting threads on this site and on days when I post in the morning, often times someone else will post in the afternoon and there's new stuff.

That goes for Ross/TJmaxx/burlington/ollie's, all of them.

• Like Like x 6
  18. Bryan Thornton

Yeah the ross stores I frequent don't have set times that they stock. As they get time the items are placed onto roll around racks that are about 6 foot tall with all wire shelving. These aren't very big racks either, maybe two feet wide by two feet deep. They then roll those racks to the shelves they are stocking and stock off those racks. I assume the items all come on a pallet and they break them down to these racks. During Christmas rush when ross was putting out tons of toys it wasn't uncommon to see them empty one of those racks and go get another from the back. But again it was never a set time. If the employee wasn't super busy with whatever their main responsibilities were it seemed like they would grab a rack. If they got called up to check folks out or whatever they would push the rack back to the fitting room/bathroom area where the employee who opens the bathroom and counts the fitting room items would watch over it. I have never worked for ross but frequent them often and I am not sure one employee only has one job. Like they may not have designated stockers. They are supposed to stock in between cleaning, checking, unloading, etc.. I don't know this for sure but it always seems like I see the same employees doing different tasks while I am there.

• Like Like x 3
  19. krayzie

krayzie Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    my Ross stocks at around noon

• Like Like x 4
  20. ExiaDefensor

ExiaDefensor Well-Known Member

Just to reiterate what everyone else is saying, I know with certainty that no Ross in my area operates this way. I have seen all four stock during the day. I asked an employee about their stock and trucks and they said they get trucks every weekday and stock every weekday when time allows throughout the day.

Also, I caught getting legacy tarn at target on a Friday at noon when they were stocking toys. Walmarts by me have been stocking during the day but also noticed they have started stocking a bit when closed. Ollie is a wild card but most stocking I've seen in my area is during closed hours.

• Like Like x 2