Official Ross/TJ Maxx/Marshalls/5 Below/Burlington/Ollie's/99 Cent Stores New Instock Items Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by GrimlockAutobot, Sep 6, 2011.

1. KibblerGrrrl

KibblerGrrrl Zealous mini-cassettes & fembots evangelist

Wish I could find that WfC Netflix Primal & Rattrap 2pk locally (SW FL). :( 

3/24 Edit: Yay! A kind person here found one and is shipping him to me! Woo-hoo!

Last edited: Mar 24, 2023
    • Like Like x 6
  2. Agent Prime 2814

Agent Prime 2814 Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Keep looking. I finally found it last week in my area. And then there were like 3 each at 2 different stores.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sylent

Sylent Making Cybertron great again

Ugh. Not sure about other states, but Citi Trends in No Cal seem to be in rough areas. I went to one in Oakland, which was in the hood and I was hesitant to even use my credit card for a purchase. One in Sacramento was pretty much the same.

I went to Ross yesterday on my lunch and they had Bumblebee Hot Rod, Bumbleswoop 2-pack and Volvanicus. They also had several Primal and Sparkless Seekers. I already got Primal and two Seekers, so I left them. It's funny how it's supposed to be a "Sparkless" seeker, but he has a smirk on his face. The face should be emotionless and stoic.

• Like Like x 2
  4. OptimusTarzan

OptimusTarzan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yep Citi Trends are in the hood in NC too.

• Like Like x 1
  5. ExiaDefensor

ExiaDefensor Well-Known Member

Same here, I'm pretty sure that's their business model.

Still looking for SS86 starscream at Ross in Indiana. No sightings yet. Oddly I started hitting (mom and pop) discount stores and found the primal pack for the same price as Ross and ER skylnx for $80 (!?).

Edit: edited for better clarity

Last edited: Mar 24, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  6. OptimusTarzan

OptimusTarzan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Skylynx? Wow cool.

• Like Like x 3
  7. FAKER II

FAKER II Cheap Repaint

Isn't it funny that it takes a whole team to think up a new product and absolutely no one thought that was a bad idea?

• Like Like x 3
  8. St Firebringer

St Firebringer PB&J bones

It just now showed up in my part of Oklahoma. While an hour away in Oklahoma, it was there 3 or 4 weeks ago. You might still happen on it yet!

• Like Like x 3
  9. Starpilot949

Starpilot949 "This is where the transformers fun begins"

News Credits:
    Nah it's Hasbro.

• Like Like x 3
  10. shadowPotentate

shadowPotentate Member

Twitter:
    [​IMG]

Found these two at a Ross in the Seattle suburbs - picked'em both up for 40 bucks, was a nice find - all the Rosses in Seattle proper haven't had any TF stuff come in for months.

• Like Like x 6
  11. TRUSkid

TRUSkid I don't want to grow up!

News Credits:
    I definitely remember that day - Jan 26th 2022! I was about a 40min drive from the closest CitiTrends; made it there in 23min flat! Would Never have paid current asking price for this. Such a memorable day; I have the photo saved in a file labeled "Greatest Find Ever". Was the "big" Christmas present this year.

20220126_171414.jpg

20221225_100353.jpg

• Like Like x 17
  12. DubV

DubV Lighten up, Francis.

News Credits:
    It really was a great day. I remember looking at 4 of these stores (some 70+ miles distant), finding only the Throne of the Primes at one locale (I left it) and at the absolute last one I went in, didn’t see it anywhere in the toy section, was about to leave, and noticed a box shoved under a clothes rack. It wasn’t really hidden, it was just pushed aside and not in the toy aisle exactly, like someone wanted it out of the way so they could walk through there. Once it registered what I was looking at, I wanted to yell out in joy but just picked it up and stood in line trying to be as casual as I possibly could. The ride home took forever, but made it back eventually, got him out, admired, ooh’d & aah’d, and he’s in my detolf to this very day. My absolute favorite titan because of the story attached to getting it.

Edit - my wife was like “What the hell did you drag in now?” and she wasn’t as impressed with ole Plex as I was, not until I told her how good of a deal it was. She kinda nodded a grudging approval and muttered something like “Thank God for that at least” and left me in the kitchen to play.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2023
    • Like Like x 8
  13. Agent Prime 2814

Agent Prime 2814 Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    There was only 1 cititrends in like 80 miles and it's in a sketch part of town. By time I heard about the whole sdcc metroplex being sited it had already been reported in collector groups a week prior. And there are so many scalpers and collectors in Lexington it wasn't worth the risk. Especially since I have the retail release. The dinobots set I missed on but wasn't a must have. The metroplex was just gonna be repurposed as metrotitan. So if mine ever got it I hope it went to someone who missed out on regular release and has it displayed in collection and not into the hands of a reseller who wanted 700 or more for.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2023
    • Like Like x 6
  14. RodimusMaximus

RodimusMaximus The Edgecrusher

News Credits:
    Quick stop at a Vegas Ross while traveling proved successful. IMG_20230326_114510141_HDR.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  15. zalten

zalten Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Have the Walmart G1 reissues popped up anywhere. I am looking for a Prime not at 65 bones tho

• Like Like x 2
  16. BenjaminXavier

BenjaminXavier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    no, and that one is several years old and way past when it might have shown up at discount stores

• Like Like x 2
  17. SharkticonGod

SharkticonGod Bad Comedy

News Credits:
    They were at Bealls Outlet / Burkes Outlet for a bit. I had no interest because of no Trailer. I would suggest getting the 25th Anniversary Universe version as it includes the Trailer or the Encore.

18. Tresob

Tresob Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, that seems unlikely at this point.

Funny thing is $65 is only $15 more than retail…which isn’t really that bad if you think about how much other G1 retro figures like Soundwave and the cassettes have gone up in value on the secondary market.

Plus, a “movie edition” recolor seems inevitable…and that’s probably what they will charge for it.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  19. zalten

zalten Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah
    Yeah a movie edition is likely coming. I wonder when the next Walmart con is

20. rob dore

rob dore Well-Known Member

I mentioned to you on the other thread to check out ShowZstore.com. They have been listing a bunch of KO G1 stuff. OP, Shockwave, all Dinobots, Devastator. Probably be your best bet. Here is link to OP. I ordered one a few weeks ago.

[Coming Soon] 4th Party Transformers G1 Optimus Prime