Official Ross/TJ Maxx/Marshalls/5 Below/Burlington/Ollie's/99 Cent Stores New Instock Items Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by GrimlockAutobot, Sep 6, 2011.

1. The Roman Empire1977

The Roman Empire1977 I succeeded where Megatron failed

Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I know right the lady just looked for the tags, stared at them for like three seconds , and then put 12.99 for Springer and 8 for Astrotrain as just "toy". Such a Ross exclusive experience I love it.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Desmang

Desmang Mang of Men

Do you guys have any speculation on what figures will be hitting discount store shelves next? If shelfwarming status is any hint I think we'll see Siege Shockwave eventually

• Like Like x 1
  3. Fc203

Fc203 #RestoreTheBayVerse

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    You checked dds discount? Thats where i got mines
    I might be able to sell you the 2nd one i got since the guy i got for has gone MIA for now and i didnt even save his address :oops: , i give him 2 more weeks

Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
  4. xRyanR

xRyanR Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    I have to imagine Earthrise Grapple will be making the rounds at Ross at some point, perhaps early next year when the Kingdom stuff starts coming out. He's been a mega-shelfwarmer in my local Targets and Walmarts over the last several months.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Exodus

Exodus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah and maybe Hoist? I see him loads, although I just picked him yesterday haha...but eh whatever. It's a great representation of him until we get an MP version of him IMO and I realized I didn't even have a Hoist.

6. Toyzaremine

Toyzaremine Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    More likely an end of the line item that wont get widely distributed will wind up at Ross etc. Its unlikely will see the likes of hoist, grappel etc since there out now in abundance

• Like Like x 1
  7. soundwavempl

soundwavempl Toy Addict TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    From my understanding, all the shelf warmers at Target and Walmart will be up for Walmart and Target to clearance, don't expect to see them at discount stores. The reason we are seeing Ultra Magnus and Astrotrain at discount is because they were the Siege wave 3 Leader case that was not sent to Walmart/Targets due to all the Siege Shockwaves. From what has been said by those in the know, Hasbro supplies the discount stores, not Walmart/Target.

• Like Like x 8
  8. carytheone

carytheone lurker

I've seen a lot of Target stuff (clearanced and returns) end up at salvage stores. We have a regional chain, Hudson's Dirt Cheap that gets things that normal retail can't/won't sell. Not sure how they get merchandise, but I've gotten a lot of TFs there over the years, most of which are damaged/open box type of deals.

I've seen some consistency between stores though, but those places are pretty rough and finding anything is super YMMV.

9. Exodus

Exodus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Didn't know that about UM and AT since I wasn't following the Siege line until covid started, thank you for this info. So in the case of ER, it could be wave 2, wave 3 deluxe and wave 3 voyagers...since those seem to be barely trickling in currently even though they have been spotted at the BNM stores. For Target though, could it be their accursed street date that cause this issue?

• Like Like x 1
  10. xRyanR

xRyanR Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    I had no idea that's how it worked! But that makes total sense. Thanks for the insight.

11. chcknutsck

chcknutsck Active Member

The last 4 Transformers I have seen at my Ross have been damaged by some jerk. I saw a Springer last week for the first time and you can make out the vertical and horizontal slashes. I found a Hound for the first time yesterday and there is a puncture by the chest and it has a horizontal slash all the way across the plastic. The other 2 figures that were jacked up were Starscream. I give these to my nephews so they will be opened but they would make a lot nicer gifts if the packaging was not damaged. Since the store opened I have left behind tons of figures so its not like I am the guy buying everything and leaving nothing behind because if I find 2 of the same figure I don't buy any more. Also a lot of stuff never makes it to my smaller store and I am happy to find whatever I can so just smh. damaged.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  12. Sylent

Sylent Making Cybertron great again

I wonder what big box item will be next at the discount stores. Trypticon showed up last year and Fort Max a couple of years ago. It's too soon for Scorponox as that was recently at Target.

13. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Did Omega Supreme ever show?

14. SoundwaveSuperior

SoundwaveSuperior "The Scourge of the Sky"

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    No, Omega was never at discount stores - I think the era of Titans at discounters is over. Fort Max wasn't that widely available at discount stores, and Trypticon only was because TRU closed down (all that stock had to go somewhere). Predaking was briefly available for cheap on HTS's eBay store, but never hit discount chains, and Omega sold out at most major retailers by the end of 2019 (the year he released). Hasbro seems to have gotten a better idea of how many units of each Titan they need to produce so as not to have excess stock.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Dao

Dao Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    IMG_20201020_091510.jpg

• Like Like x 11
  16. northjason

northjason Well-Known Member

It looks cool, but there's a hard (metal?) badge in the center of your headrest.

• Like Like x 4
  17. DrTraveler

DrTraveler Wheeljack, Wheeljack, Wheeljack

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yep. Omega was the first not to show. I suspect it also has something to do with TRU folding up in the US.

18. TickTockGoesTheClock

TickTockGoesTheClock Dōmo arigatō, Mr Roboto.

News Credits:
    That and the fact that like someone else mentioned earlier, he was apparently the 1st titan to sell out to the point where Hastak felt the need to reissue him.

19. Diecast G2

Diecast G2 Transtectorless

News Credits:
    Also, people don't usually think about the quantity of stores in relation to the stock spotted.

If every walmart in the US were to get two Amazing Exclusives, that means at least 8,000 figures loose in the retail wild for people to buy.

If every Ross in the US were to get two Discounted Titans, that means less than 3,000 figures out in the retail wild for people to buy PLUS you got flippers hunting those down because they desperately want to spend their entire Saturday afternoon flipping toys online for 30 bucks profit.

Like when Fort Max was showing up at Ross, someone on this very forum posted about how he found 2 at the location in my area and bought both. At the time, this was the only Ross in a 4 hour radius for me. (Heck, the dude drove 40 minutes to do it.)

I think of that every time someone on this forum tells someone else to wait for the yearly titan to show up at discount. Sure, maybe every Ross in my state will get one but I sure as heck can't beat every collector to them.

• Like Like x 2
  20. BenjaminXavier

BenjaminXavier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is 100% true and I've been saying it over and over in this very thread for almost 10 years now.

• Like Like x 6